Well Being Check?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Well Being Check?

How do you handle a well-being call?

FIRST CHOICE - Maybe, are you okay sir? Are you thinking of hurting yorself or killing yourself? Please call your family, they haven't been able to get ahold of you and are worried. Thank you, sir. OR.....

SECOND CHOICE - Demand that the subject of the well being check come out of his home and talk to you, that he show his hands, then grab him by the neck, jerk him out of his own house, slam him against the outside wall, slightly injuring his shoulder, handcuff him, refuse to provide medical treatment when he requests it, then conduct a possibly illegal search of his residence?

Which would you choose? If you answered the first choice, you would be right. If you chose the second scenario, you would be wrong. Choosing the second scenario would probably make you the star of an investigation, an IA, and disciplinary action. Am I right?

But wait! The Chief's choice for Leuitenant, the fast rising Lt. Loughnan was faced with that very choice on Monday night. Which choice did our illustrious Lt. make? Yup, you win the prize if you said he picked the second choice. Lt. Laughnan grabbed a subject they were checking on by the back of the neck and "redirected" him against the wall after pulling him out of his own house. Then he was cuffed. No charges, no resistance, no threat. His "crime"? He refused to come outside to talk with the police. Read the report, you'll see.

Everyone needs to pay close attention over the next few weeks to see what, if any disciplinary action is taken against Lt. Laughnan for the horrendous and illegal decisions decisions he made. We also need to pay close attention to see if Chief Graham changes the policy, again, to benefit his buddy.

Should be very interesting, shouldn't it?

Re: Well Being Check?

Graham has the ability to violate the constitution, not to change it. No policy change would make what you said happened legal.

Quote Originally Posted by answer
    Graham has the ability to violate the constitution, not to change it. No policy change would make what you said happened legal.

This guy SG's EGO is out of control. Maybe he should take a trip to Tampa and speak to the Doc, I am worried about his fitness for duty. While on the way there he needs to stop by and pick up JJ the whack job. So far CB seems to be the real deal, keep hearing that he is an FDLE plant.....whatever the case he needs to be promoted to Chief!!!! pretty sad he has more respect from the ranks then the other two......

Check out the story of your so called new Lt. Loughnan where he used excessive force in shooting a black woman. This woman was awarded 5 million dollars from the City of Boynton Beach. Looks like Graham made another cover up for Loughnan. Im telling you take a look at Loughnan's criminal record you wont believe it. Media will be all over this one. Hold on to your britches when a certain attorney comes walking into CPD here shortly. Asta La Vista corrupt Graham and corrupt JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Does it matter
    Check out the story of your so called new Lt. Loughnan where he used excessive force in shooting a black woman. This woman was awarded 5 million dollars from the City of Boynton Beach. Looks like Graham made another cover up for Loughnan. Im telling you take a look at Loughnan's criminal record you wont believe it. Media will be all over this one. Hold on to your britches when a certain attorney comes walking into CPD here shortly. Asta La Vista corrupt Graham and corrupt JJ.

You can't argue with a crazy person. You are a prime example of that. Why Graham, JJ and Loughnan don't sue Leo Affairs (getting your IP address) then sue the hell out of you is beyond me. There are so many good people at that department yet a spineless coward like you gets brave behind a computer spreads garbage. Clermont Police Department is growing and improving day by day. The department will continue doing so dispite insipient individuals like yourself......

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-11th-circuit/1300999.html

Who needs help now? Maybe the individuals who live in the delusional shadow of JJ, SG, & MM.

FYI, one can only sue when an individual says something that isn't true. Contrary to your values, there is nothing wrong with the truth.

I took the time to read the website you provided then continued to conduct some additional reasearch.

If you reasearch further it states the final Federal Court decision ruled in favor of (both) officers. It further states the officer(s) were NOT found LIABLE for any wrong doing. They were covered under "Qualified Immunity".

The female suspect was CONVICTED of ATTEMPTED MURDER of a POLICE OFFICER and AGGRAVATED BATTERY of a POLICE OFFICER. She was ordered to repay all court cost and attorney fees.....You see you can't just read one website. You must read and research a case from start to FINISH in order to obtain accurate information.
    *You shouldn't omit important information when you make sladerous comments.

Having that been said... What kind of person questions two police officers who saved a third police officers life in a violent confrontation? Just like the well fare check you are refering to. The difference between suicide and homicide is the direction where the weapon is pointed. I guess you have never heard of "Suicide by cop" The individuals own mother reported he had a gun. (Again you shouldn't omit important information when you make sladerous comments).
    After what I have read apparently there is NO REASON for Graham to "cover up" because the Federal Court clear ALL OFFICERS = (plural).
    Oh wait, let me guess. The ever powerful corrupt Chief Graham has also corrupted the Federal Court too right? You say Loughnan has a "criminal record" but Graham must have infiltrated FDLE as well and burned the files therefore, they have no knowledge of the evil that lerks within. Hhmmm if he were that powerful do you think he would be working in Clermont? IT MUST BE JUST HIS COVER. Ops I almost forgot JJ is corrupt as well. I guess every evil doer needs a secret operative.

Purposeful omission of infomation in an effort to hurt ones reputation is SLANDER. Do you really think you are the only one with an attorney? Seriously?????

First, there were only 2 officers, the 2 that the city paid out 5 million for. Qualified immunity means that they weren't found civilly liable. :roll:
    If the officers did NOTHING wrong then the city wouldn't have paid out 5 mil. and omission? What's omission when you provide the link you moron? Oh, and it's a 50 /50 whether or not your buddy said to the black female, "if I could, I'd shoot your ass again"
    yawn...

What part of "the officers were cleared of any wrong doing" are you having trouble with? That department did not pay 5 mil because it was OVER TURNED. Therefore, if the officer(s) were cleared of any wrong doing vicarious liability does not impact the agency resulting in (no pay out). In cases such as these it usually takes more than just one court hearing so one little website isn't going to cut it... continue you search. I can count because if you continue to reasearch you will discover there was a 3rd officer (a K9 Officer) the one that was saved.

Based on your postings it sounds like you don't have enough law enforcment training to make such misinformed comments.

As for your comment "your buddy" you are assuming you know my ID. I don't think he would bother he doesn't strike me as a computer guy. There are so many good people in the department why should we continue to stand by and take your garbage. Your lies should be EXPOSED.

Just like when you enter an abandond building and turn on a light... THE ROACHES ARE EXPOSED AND THEY RUN.......You should be sprayed with RAID.

You are just an miserable pathetic person.
    I've proved my point, I will not continue on the subject matter..

I don't even know why I waste my time arguing with the likes of you. You can't argue with stupid. Maybe you should do more research and pull out a dictionary while you're at it. Anyway you slice it, the city of Boynton Beach paid out 5 million dollars to the defendant who was shot 8 times by 2 officers, one of which our very own Lt. Loughnan.

http://openjurist.org/261/f3d/1178/bett ... an-buecler

Because we have concluded that the Officer Defendants are entitled to the defense of qualified immunity, it is unnecessary for us to reach the question of remittitur. For the Officer Defendants, the district court's judgment is REVERSED. For the City, the district court's judgment is AFFIRMED.

REVERSED IN PART and AFFIRMED IN PART.

``These people had this happen to them because they were black,`` attorney Pat Fogarty, Willingham`s co-counsel, said. ``The thing that strikes me is we sit around and say what horrible things are happening in South Africa, and we`re shooting our own citizens.``

The cause of the shooting, Willingham`s attorneys say, was a police decision to pull over Sims on a traffic stop without reasonable cause. He refused interrogation and drove to the home he shared with his sister.

An attack dog was unleashed, and Sims was injured. Hearing the struggle, police say, Willingham came out of the home with a knife and lunged in the direction of an officer. She was shot seven or eight times. Medical evidence on the number of bullets that hit her is inconclusive.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1990-0 ... olice-suit

As for needing help, any individual with or without sound mind needs help after working for CPD. Now go back to doing what you do best, although it must not be too good, you didn't get the promotion. :snicker:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast