I have followed Lt. Loughnan's career all of my life. I am his sister. He is by far the smartest and most compassionate officer I have ever had the pleasure to be associated with. It sounds to me like the dirt and mud slinging is the result of a small man (or woman) who feels cheated out of a promotion. If my brother tested for and got Lt. it is because he is experienced and intelligent. The dragging of a fellow officer through the dirt is not at all acceptable. My brother suffered through the many years of court in the shooting of that woman. It was an incident that never sat well with him and from which the judges exonerated him. He should instead have been given an award for saving a fellow officers life. The one thing that this "mud slinger" can hope for is, if he is so lucky to be partnered with Lt. Loughnan, that Lt. Loughnan will always have his back. Cut it out and get back to work with a new attitude for your brothers in blue. You have to much to worry about on the streets then to have to worry the "mud slingers" among you.
Dawn Peel
Arizona