Detective Injured - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Detective Injured

I don't believe that anyone asked him to take a voluntary demotion yet, and I won't until I hear it from him personally.

I think all of you union hacks are just trying to use this as a rallying cry to bring the union back.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I don't believe that anyone asked him to take a voluntary demotion yet, and I won't until I hear it from him personally.

I think all of you union hacks are just trying to use this as a rallying cry to bring the union back.

I suggest you talk to him then. It happened. It happened while he was waiting to go into surgery on 08/20. It was asked of him during a phone conversation. Ask any of his co-workers as they also know that it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest

I suggest you talk to him then. It happened. It happened while he was waiting to go into surgery on 08/20. It was asked of him during a phone conversation. Ask any of his co-workers as they also know that it happened.
    I hope that during that phone conversation, if it did happen as you say it did A.J., that he told his supervisor or whoever it was on the other end of the phone line asking him to take a voluntary demotion to go pound sand.

Why does everyone want to say the reason he or she got hurt is they were fat, or they have a health condition before they left his house, Yes i agree that we need to be in shape, there is nothing worse then hearing the public say. ( look at how fat that deputy is ) It dosent matter how good of shape you are you can still suffer an injury. All it takes is to land the wrong way coming over the wall..Like i stated in a post before, I was in good shape, and not over weight at all. I have ran the course a few times in the past. and finished. At 5" 9 and 198. By no means im i fat or over weight. So people need to stop saying that is the issue that deputys are over weight.. The post was started because of what was asked of the detective, and how wrong it was. Still im not blaming the office for anything , except for the way things take place after you suffer a injury. Still love the job, always will. BE SAFE

How do you replace a detective. Consider an auto theft detective who could tell you where every VIN number is on a vehicle, a homicide detective who is outstanding at reviewing a crime scene and investigating, a property detective who has made all sorts of contacts in the community over the years and is great at recovering stolen property. Do you replace them with "new recruits" who have passed the "challenge"? It seems to me that it is a tremendous waste of valuable experience learned over many years just to pass a non-mandated (FDLE) physical assessment. If, in fact, the "Challenge" is so related to the job of a deputy, then it should be a requirement for everyone from Lieutenant on down, not just detectives. Master deputies through master Sergeants receive a stipend for completing the challenge, detective have been promoted in the same manner as all other supervisors. Detectives must apply through Civil Service, master deputies need not, therefore it on the same plane as a promotion to Cpl, Sgt., or Lt. If a Master Deputy does not complete the Challenge he loses his/her stipend and a stripe. His job remains the same as does his hours of work. If a detective does not complete the Challenge he not only loses his stipend (more if he is a Master Detective) and is shipped back to the street (possibly in a District miles from his home, possibly back on nights) Quite a punishment for not being able to complete a physical Challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by bake
    Why does everyone want to say the reason he or she got hurt is they were fat, or they have a health condition before they left his house, Yes i agree that we need to be in shape, there is nothing worse then hearing the public say. ( look at how fat that deputy is ) It dosent matter how good of shape you are you can still suffer an injury. All it takes is to land the wrong way coming over the wall..Like i stated in a post before, I was in good shape, and not over weight at all. I have ran the course a few times in the past. and finished. At 5" 9 and 198. By no means im i fat or over weight. So people need to stop saying that is the issue that deputys are over weight.. The post was started because of what was asked of the detective, and how wrong it was. Still im not blaming the office for anything , except for the way things take place after you suffer a injury. Still love the job, always will. BE SAFE
    5' 9" and 198 you ARE overweight.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Garage
    If you have decided he is overweight by the standard Body Mass Index chart, then you are looking at the appropriate weights for office clowns and corporate sissies. If his 198 pounds are solid, then he would probably fare better in a street fight than someone at the acceptable weight of 160 per the BMI. The BMI is for sissies.

Here we calling people fat.. The weight standard scale for a person 5" 9 is Minimum-136 pounds Maximum 187 pounds. My mistake I guess iam fat and overweight. Heaven forbid i have any muscle weight to be able to fight long enough for my backup to get their, or to fat to waddle my ham hocks up to help a fellow deputy in need. and not have enough weight to put a bad guy down...Dont mean to be a smart guy but by no means am i close to being over weight.And once again people have forgotten why the post was made.. We should be sticking together in order to make our work place a better place for eveyone. instead we call each other names and make fun of each other. I dont think this site was made for that. put it has turned into that. :?:

Quote Originally Posted by pencilneck
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Garage
    If you have decided he is overweight by the standard Body Mass Index chart, then you are looking at the appropriate weights for office clowns and corporate sissies. If his 198 pounds are solid, then he would probably fare better in a street fight than someone at the acceptable weight of 160 per the BMI. The BMI is for sissies.
    The average weight for a 5' 9" boxer is 168 lbs. But I guess you and the guy below would mop the floor with the average boxer huh.

Well I'm 5'11", 190 lbs and over 40 years of age. I ran the B.S. challenge in the mid 20 minute range just a few months ago. Does that mean I'm fat or out of shape? The challenge course does'nt cover any physical aspects of this job that I have encountered over my years of doing this profession Monster G.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast