My reason for a Union... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: My reason for a Union...

If the Union is so worthless, why are you fighting so hard to keep it out? HMMM?

Cool Re: My reason for a Union...

Actually, Naples PD gets paid the way the do because of collective bargaining through their union. It has nothing to do with the cost of living there. Probably 2 cops live in the City of Naples. C'mon, even at that pay you can't live in the city. My question to you is: why are you so dead set against cops being paid fairly? Lee County SO has more officer involved shootings than Miami & Tampa. You've been cushioned in your position too long. And don't worry, once we get a union, your ranks will follow suit. Even I know that it wouldn't be fair for deputies to make more than a Lt. And thinking that IUPA "Commander," as you call him, wants this so he can go to conventions and party is infantile on your part. I can only hope every deputy can see how wrong you actually are. He more likley sees how things need to change for the BETTER...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob11
    Actually, Naples PD gets paid the way the do because of collective bargaining through their union. It has nothing to do with the cost of living there. Probably 2 cops live in the City of Naples. C'mon, even at that pay you can't live in the city. My question to you is: why are you so dead set against cops being paid fairly? Lee County SO has more officer involved shootings than Miami & Tampa. You've been cushioned in your position too long. And don't worry, once we get a union, your ranks will follow suit. Even I know that it wouldn't be fair for deputies to make more than a Lt. And thinking that IUPA "Commander," as you call him, wants this so he can go to conventions and party is infantile on your part. I can only hope every deputy can see how wrong you actually are. He more likley sees how things need to change for the BETTER...
    Wrong again BUCKO... I wirk with the NPD officers and know what is going on in their department. The pay was set due to cost of living and their inability to hire anyone for the job due to the cost of living in Collier County. The pay is ONLY $50,000 thanks to collective bargaining; it could be higher but they wanted other things in their contract. Of which of now has ALL been taken AWAY; so much for that binding contract!

I could care less if you have a union but its not right to sit here and read all the BS IUPA Commander is throwing at you making it appear the union will solve your problems because it won't, it will only create more.

Spend your time, money and effort in finding a canidate for Sheriff that will take care of your concerns and keep that extra money in your pocket. Collier S.O. has done this and it works!!

Keep your BS in Collier then if it's so grand. Things must be rainbows and gumdrops down there. You are a guest here no more.
    I don't remember seeing IUPA commander as you called him or her, ever post or say they will solve all problems only assist on making things better. I have like you seen the benefits of having a union and not. I have also seen not having one causes lack of trust amongst the rank and no checks and balances. Unions cannot solve everything but they do help. One is definitely needed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Union Facts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob11
    Wrong again BUCKO... I wirk with the NPD officers and know what is going on in their department. The pay was set due to cost of living and their inability to hire anyone for the job due to the cost of living in Collier County. The pay is ONLY $50,000 thanks to collective bargaining; it could be higher but they wanted other things in their contract. Of which of now has ALL been taken AWAY; so much for that binding contract!

I could care less if you have a union but its not right to sit here and read all the BS IUPA Commander is throwing at you making it appear the union will solve your problems because it won't, it will only create more.

Spend your time, money and effort in finding a canidate for Sheriff that will take care of your concerns and keep that extra money in your pocket. Collier S.O. has done this and it works!!

Cool Re: My reason for a Union...

BUCKO? Lol :snicker:

Quote Originally Posted by Legal Rights
    Those powers afforded to all Sheriff's within this state are provided under the state constitution. No union will ever have the power to change that so your argument for a union is a lost cause.

As the guy from Collier has been trying to inform you each of us needs to understand that the things you believe a union can resolve or change can not be so UNLESS the sheriff himself allows it; and that my friend you can rest assured will not happen. Union or not...

Next reason...

Are you an absolute idiot? Are you just some lackey working for some Sheriff somewhere? So you mean to suggest that all of these Department heads of unionized agencies decided what is in their contracts? Do you mean to suggest that they just said "...the constitution is on my side and I hereby grant you step raises and fairness in promotion and diciscipline isues...?' They were negotiated points that are binding upon the agency. I am so sick and tired of these lame attempts at trying to discourage unionization. Ladies and gentlemen do your own research. Do not rely on this site to inform you of the pros and cons of unionization. I am one hundred percent for unionization. I also relaize that there are cons. But when I have weighed everything out a union is the right choice. The next time that you are thinking of coming to this site take five minutes and do some research on the RECENT accomplishments of unions on the behalf of law enforcement officers in Florida. If you like what you see vote yes for a union. If not vote no. Get informed. Stop listening to hogwash and get the facts...thats what we do everyday...don't fail to do this on this important point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12