Alex Sink - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alex Sink

Re: Alex Sink

Vet makes ssome great points although I think there is a simple fix that would help us all. Change the name and patch. They don't nearly encompass the true scope of our agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Vet makes ssome great points although I think there is a simple fix that would help us all. Change the name and patch. They don't nearly encompass the true scope of our agency.
    How about all the old timers quit standing around spitting in a cup and talking about the good old days and get out there and make some cases. That would help.

How about all the old timers quit standing around spitting in a cup and talking about the good old days and get out there and make some cases. That would help.
    Well that sure shows how much you know about a chew. Personally, after all these years, I never need to spit, and usually when I do, it's for an effect, like, "Hell son, did you spend all day shining those boots?", then I spit. You must be one of those girly-men that wear our little shorts so everybody can see your shaved legs and sexy ankle tattoos. Since you brought it up, it really was great being a Florida game warden back in the 70's. It's still great now, don't get me wrong, but it was great in a different way back then. You'll see. If you're as blessed as I've been, you'll be an old-timer one day and even though you still enjoy the job, you'll realize it's changed a lot. You sound like a spoiled little punk by the way. Oh sorry...BTW. Text that to some of your Facebook friends. (spit)

Mudsharks are always in season in North Florida
    :devil:

I loved being called a "game warden". I still love being called that. In Texas that is what they are called and no one seems to have an issue with it, and they do just as much as we do. Who cares about what the public perception is. I am not for the cowboy hats but I do like the shorts (no I don't shave my legs). If people in this agency want to be regular police officers then they should go apply for one of those jobs. Up here in "God's country" we really don't have the issues with name recognition that a lot of people complain about on here. Bottom line is if it doesn't have fins, fur, or feathers (quoting some of our old directors) we shouldn't mess with it! Unless of course you have no other choice in the matter. So what if someone spits tobbaco. That's his or her choice, and they are adults that are capable of making decisions for themselves. Oh by the way, thanks for all the help guys (those who came up here to help on the oil spill)! We really appreciated all the support that was given! I was so proud to meet and work with so many young and motivated new officers! They were great!

Right on Northwestflorida. Right on! And we were happy to help out there in Pensacola. I made enough in O.T. pay to buy some new gates for the hunt club and Mrs. River Veteran got a new trolling motor.

I just tell it like it is. Up here we make plenty of good cases and almost everybody is happy to be here. Ya the pay is low but in reality on an average day there isn't a lot going on compared to say a street cop or some other high intensity job. I am not saying tha we don't deserve higher pay but cmon some people in this agency deserve the amount of pay they are getting in terms of how hard they work (or don't work). Most of the guys who complain on here create their own troubles and issues. I knew what the job entailed before I ever joined up. Also why all the issues with supervisors? All you have to do is clock in. There isn't a quota that I am aware of on tickets. So in reality supervisors can't do anything to you. You should do the job for yourself because you basically work for yourself in terms of activity that you produce and no supervisor can touch that. I love coming to work each day, and I could care less what this agency is called or what kind of badge we wear. I am glad to have a job in this day and age and so what if I like being called "game warden". River Vet thanks for all the help and congrats on the OT.

So Mr. Rick Scott if you are reading this then just know we don't care what you do to us, we are not willing to change who and what we are. In terms you may understand form the business world we are not a sustainable ROI in fact with most of the areas we patrol in Federal interest or jurisdiction we are basicly low hanging fruit and one of the first places you can cut costs inb State Government. Oh you should also know this I'm voting for Ms.Sink. What kind of idiot spends $50 million of his own money on a job that pay less than $200K per year?

Rick Scott is part of the new wave of anti-government attitude sweeping the nation. I really can honestly say that I don't trust any politicians.

So Mr. Rick Scott if you are reading this then just know we don't care what you do to us, we are not willing to change who and what we are. In terms you may understand form the business world we are not a sustainable ROI in fact with most of the areas we patrol in Federal interest or jurisdiction we are basicly low hanging fruit and one of the first places you can cut costs inb State Government. Oh you should also know this I'm voting for Ms.Sink. What kind of idiot spends $50 million of his own money on a job that pay less than $200K per year?
    Just to help make your day....................I'm voting for Scott.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast