'Anointed one' is a lier

Post 'Anointed one' is a lier

Do not vote for this boss of ours. Try working for him!!!

http://www2.hernandotoday.com/conten...piccillo/news/

By MICHAEL D. BATES | Hernando Today

Published: August 12, 2010

Updated: 08/12/2010 08:34 pm

Jim Piccillo, a Democratic candidate for U.S. House, District 5.

Hernando County Sheriff Richard "Rich" Nugent, a Republican candidate for U.S. House, District 5.Except for the shared party affiliation, Democrat Jim Piccillo said he has never met Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, never talked with her or any members of her staff.

In fact, Piccillo said his first vote in Congress would be to replace her because he is not happy with her reckless spending habits.

That's why Piccillo said he was floored when someone handed him a letter from Republican Richard Nugent saying he is Pelosi's "hand-picked liberal Democrat" to take on the sheriff for the coveted District 5 congressional seat.

"This is a lie," Piccillo said. "The one candidate in this race hand-picked and anointed is Rich Nugent."
    Nugent stands by the comment mailed out in a campaign letter to Republicans asking for money to defeat Piccillo.

"He is the only Democrat running so he obviously is hand-picked by the Democratic Party to run," Nugent said. "He has no opposition."

As Piccillo read on, he noticed Nugent included him in the "Obama-Pelosi-Piccillo" agenda, which the sheriff said includes tax hikes on small businesses, continued runaway wasteful spending, a Washington takeover of healthcare, amnesty to illegal aliens and big government takeover of private business.

But Piccillo said the biggest eye-opener in the solicitation letter is how Nugent writes as if he's already beaten his Republican primary opponent Jason Sager and has the nomination in the bag.

Without money, "I will not have the resources needed to go toe-to-toe with my liberal-backed opponent," the letter said.

Piccillo calls that the height of arrogance and egotism.

But Nugent, when asked about the letters, calls it something else: old-fashioned politics.
    And a dash of foresightedness.

"I am just being a realist and looking at it from the perspective that whoever the Republican nominee is, he will have to deal with Piccillo, who will be backed by the Democrats," Nugent said.

Nugent said of course he is taking Sager seriously in the Aug. 24 primary and does not concede victory. However, Nugent said he has to look ahead to Piccillo, the sole Democrat in the race, especially since only little more than two months separate the primary and the Nov. 2 general election.

A smart candidate builds up his war chest to fight for the seat, he said.

"You plan ahead," Nugent said.

Sager: 'One race at a time'

Piccillo said incumbent Republican Ginny Brown-Waite chose Nugent and he kept it quiet for almost a month, effectively choking out other contenders.

That was Nugent's first example of indifference to voters, Piccillo said.

Since then, he said it's gotten worse.

Piccillo points out Nugent's absence from at least a half dozen candidate forums as evidence he doesn't care about the electorate and feels he has the primary sewn up.

Nugent said he has been busy with his job as sheriff and with the imminent transfer of operations of the Hernando County Jail from a private entity to his department.

Nugent said his wife has frequently stood in for him at forums whenever he couldn't be there.

Piccillo said Nugent has no right to claim he is in league with the Democratic power brokers when Nugent's campaign contributions are top heavy with special interest and political action committee money.

Piccillo said he is proud that out of the $92,894 he's amassed in campaign contributions, $87,894 is from individuals and only $5,000 from political action committees and $100 from the Plantations Democrat Club.

The PAC money includes $3,500 from the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
    Piccillo's contributions are from the Florida Election Committee and are through Aug. 4.

Through June 30, Nugent has raised $145,636, with $86,761 from individuals and $47,875 from PACs.

Piccillo said Nugent's non-attendance at several candidate forums and his solicitation of money for the general election shows a disregard for the voters.

"Even before voting has finished for the primary, he's sending out literature assuming he's the Republican nominee for Congress," Piccillo said. "He has been arrogant to a fault."

Nugent said it is in his nature to think ahead.

Meanwhile, Sager said Piccillo is not on his radar right now. He is concentrating on his primary opponent, Nugent.

"He can try to ignore me but the fact is, he has to get through the primary first," Sager said.
    Sager said Nugent's wife has stood in for him on at least two forums he can remember. But that's been it.

Sager said that shows a lack of caring about the constituency.

"Apparently he thinks the people's voice doesn't matter," he said.

Re: 'Anointed one' is a lier

I can tell you folks this.I have seen him campaign on the clock when he ran for sheriff and also I have seen him push campaign material also on the clock to deputies.He is snobish and made clicks worse at the sheriffs office.You are either one of his boys or you are not.I have a few years left,but Im glad to see him go,honestly.

Hey "True True", you are a liar. I have worked for the agency for many years and the Sheriff is an honorable man of great integrity. You are a liar, period.

No,not a lier,just the truth.I couldnt give my name or details because of course I would be a target and I have a few yrs to go.When I leave, i will post my name and details,I promise.You have no idea.Ask some old timers.Now listen rookie,go play swat now for no extra money.Not even a dime more.Go on,go play for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Hey "True True", you are a liar. I have worked for the agency for many years and the Sheriff is an honorable man of great integrity. You are a liar, period.
    Bullsnot. He is not an honorable man of great integrity and you are a liar. Working here for many years means that you are a brown noser. Not many of us feel as you do. Even the newspapers around the country are saying he has ruined his legacy. His name is mud.

Quote Originally Posted by true true
    I can tell you folks this.I have seen him campaign on the clock when he ran for sheriff and also I have seen him push campaign material also on the clock to deputies.He is snobish and made clicks worse at the sheriffs office.You are either one of his boys or you are not.I have a few years left,but Im glad to see him go,honestly.
    He isn't going anywhere. He's not liked by most people anymore. He is ruthless. People know he is working behind the scenes doing dirty deeds with others in the area just like with Ms. Waite. He is going to stay right here and run the jail that he wanted so badly. Now he's saying that there will be more layoff if he doesn't get his way with the budget. He is not a conservative like he says. He does campaign on the clock and some of us know he is not what needs to represent us in the capital. I feel sorry for the CO's who just came aboard. He's got his man in place out there the one who just got promoted to Captain.

Quote Originally Posted by babycakes
    No,not a lier,just the truth.I couldnt give my name or details because of course I would be a target and I have a few yrs to go.When I leave, i will post my name and details,I promise.You have no idea.Ask some old timers.Now listen rookie,go play swat now for no extra money.Not even a dime more.Go on,go play for no reason
    If the layoffs go through as he's saying again the rookies will go and those old timers will still be here. I won't post my name because even after I go he will target me. I do not trust him and his boys. I can give details and wait to hear yours too.

Need some wetwipes Kramer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest

Kramer didnt do nothing.You guys are always looking at the wrong people.Maybe its me the golden boy who sees the unfairness with the maurer click.t.b,j.h,b.b,and rest.ever think of that.