New fiscal year, here comes your RAISE !!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: New fiscal year, here comes your RAISE !!!!

Just go into politics, that way you can give yourself raises and benefit increases whenever you feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guess its the difference
    Glad to see we have someone with so much honor and pride. Congratulations on your code of honor. You should write a book on bushido. Tell you what, take your time coming to back me up because I would rather wait for a real warrior to show up. Enjoy your career as a follower.
    What an outstanding example of non sequitur !

Congratulations on a totally inane posting.

Really, really good work.

:snicker:

[quote=Average Joe]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by "here come the dummies again":2gpav5tz
    I have been looking for the state or federal law that guarantees everyone has to get a pay raise every year til the end of time no matter what the economic situation is. I cant seem to find it.

It's right next to state and federal laws that guarantee we must give everything we have that this job. You know, those state and federal laws that says we must "do more with less". :mrgreen:

As soon as this county/agency starts to "pay more with less" then we will "do more with less". Lead by example ! What a novel concept :shock:

Until then I'm taking my time on every call, and doing a very tedious, thorough investigation. I'm obeying all traffic laws on the way to each and every call (unless a deputy needs help of course), priority 1 or not. And for the multiple updates to each call, I'm pulling off to the side of the road, finding a safe place to park, scanning my surroundings looking for any potential hazards. Then only when I feel it is safe will I read the update to my call. When I'm done reading the first update to my call then I'll wait for traffic to clear and proceed cautiously into the flow of traffic, taking time to signal and most importantly refusing to pull out in front of each and every car that has slowed down for me to get back on the road, because they have the right away should they change their mind, and I'll be found at fault for the crash.

Now mind you many calls have 10 - 20 updates added to them, so I will safely go through this procedure for each and every update that the call gets PER S.O.P.

Yeah, those are the state and federal laws that the raise law is next to.

It's time this county/agency reaps what it has sewn.

How much did you make in 2007? How much did you make in 2009. I know many deputies and/or detectives that received a raise over $20,000 during that time frame. How about you?[/quote:2gpav5tz]

Actually A.J. when I recieved my yearly social security earnings statement it showed that my 2009 earnings were less than my 2008 earnings. My 2007 earnings were almost as much as my 2008 earnings. I attribute the reduced amount of my 2009 earnings on the fact that I worked less overtime during the year due to the lack of available overtime. Not that I worked alot of OT in 2008 mind you.

As I've said before. It aint all about the money. I can live on what I get paid. How ya treat people and get them to buy into the system goes along long way. I read an article the other day that stated that the private sector is even beginning to question the theory of doing more with less. Workers are becoming burnt out and over burdened by being required to do more with less. If your a phone sales agent whats the worse that could happen. You get pissed off and cuss out and hang the phone up on a potential customer. In our line of work just losing it and cussing some poor ******* out would be the least of our worries.

I have been around this place long enough to have some friends with some rank as I am sure you and alot of others have as well. When several people with some gold on their collar tell me things are screwed up I tend to see a pattern. I also make my own observations and know what my daily work load is like driving my zone. It aint getting any easier and it sure as hell aint the same as it used to be.

I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAA FFFFFFFFFFFFF---IIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGG WWWWWAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be thankful you have job!!!!!!!!!

I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. I want more money. WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAA FFFFFFFFFFFFF---IIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGG WWWWWAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The question is my ill informed lil buddy do YOU have a job?

Apparently HCSO has never heard the phrase "You get what you pay for".

There is plenty of money. Look at how it is being spent all around you. It is just politically unpopular to give it to the workers.

Yeah thats real original!!! Unfortunately & sadly, for most at HCSO that is all it has become...............JUST A JOB!!!.......and currently a real BAD ONE because of a select few leaders that have made it BAD. Honestly, they can keep the pay raise and rather have the sheriff & chief just show the deputies that you have a beating heart and that you care about them. Please open your eyes and see that things are not going well right now and your deputies are taking a beating on the street and in other areas. It's going to take nothing short of a change at the top to remotivate the troops at the bottom and many in between. The "SOS" flags are flying and the "MAYDAYS" are louder then ever, please take the time to open your eyes and take a honest look around. Take the time to talk to your troops openly and off the record..........you may not like what you hear, but at least you will finally be hearing the truth about how bad moral is and how stressed out and overworked the street deputies and other sections have become. You have the power to make things right sheriff, but only if you open your eyes to reality. The office voted out the union because we trusted in you to do the right things, believing your heart was in all the right places. PLEASE show us we were not wrong, because things are really bad right now and we need a LEADER that is willing to face the truth and the courage to make change when change is SO BADLY NEEDED.

"One of your proud deputies"

September 30, 2009

Deeson said the sheriff's office doesn't like his reports on controversial issues, including a story noting substantial outside income helped Gee earn $908,312 last year and a piece on the construction of a $675,000 wall around the sheriff's office operations center.

For Deeson, the action by the sheriff's office had serious First Amendment implications: "If I'm the one they're not going to contact about press conferences, then who is next? I think it's an attempt to have a chilling effect on any other organization that's going to do critical stories."

September 30, 2009

Deeson said the sheriff's office doesn't like his reports on controversial issues, including a story noting substantial outside income helped Gee earn $908,312 last year and a piece on the construction of a $675,000 wall around the sheriff's office operations center.

For Deeson, the action by the sheriff's office had serious First Amendment implications: "If I'm the one they're not going to contact about press conferences, then who is next? I think it's an attempt to have a chilling effect on any other organization that's going to do critical stories."
    Yeah it's called CORRUPTION! The almighty dollar and having power is all that some at HCSO care about. I long for the days gone by when you knew who you could trust, because a promise or just a true leaders word was something you count on. I have lost count of how many promises or supposed goals this administration has forgotten. Ask yourself this question honestly...."Who at the top at HCSO would you follow into battle"?....cricket, cricket, cricket.... :shock:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12