Awaiting the Second Coming or Professional Development
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awaiting the Second Coming or Professional Development

I am seeking wisdom from the masses who read the scribble on here as to just how are employees supposed to know what to do to better themselves so they can be "tapped" for a transfer to one of the "open" positions?! I am speaking not just of slick sleeve but also in terms of supervisor positions.

We now no longer even pretend to consider transfer memos or shown interest on anyone's behalf for any position. It is "we will annoint you if we see fit". Riddle me this, how are people supposed to develop themselves professionally and education wise throughout a career when all that ends up happening is that somewhere in the bowels of the SOC the pontiff and cardinals make the paper, scissors, and rock decisions about who goes where? No interviews, no criteria, nothing....how can you get experience if the reason they supposedly pick people now is because they have experience? I think Alice in Wonderland had more of a clue as to what to do chasing after the white rabbit.

Seeking sage wisdom and pearls of knowledge from seasoned jedi knights, please.

Re: Awaiting the Second Coming or Professional Development

NEWSFLASH!!!

Real life is not fair.

1. I'm sorry to all of you rookies who are fresh off probation and can't get dayshift,detective, street crimes, new cars, ect....

2. And as for you whiney rookie supervisors who don't like how the transfers went down, please read #1

Suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by crotchie
    NEWSFLASH!!!

Real life is not fair.

1. I'm sorry to all of you rookies who are fresh off probation and can't get dayshift,detective, street crimes, new cars, ect....

2. And as for you whiney rookie supervisors who don't like how the transfers went down, please read #1

Suck it up.
    Got news for ya bud.....it's not just the rookies who are baffled by the current misdirection of this political crazy ship. Some of the folks being treated the worst at the office are the veteran deputies & supervisors. They actually have been here when things were so much better, not perfect, but just better. Because of issues like lack of college and lack of playing the game of politics, the office has chosen to overlook and pass over some of the most seasoned and "COPS COP" deputies the office has and it is really beginning to show. You now have supervisors who have absolutely no business leading anyone, as well as detectives and FTO's that are well over their head in their current positions. The office no longer cares about which deputies are great "COPS" and have spent years busting their butts for the folks of Hillsborough County. All that matters right now is how you look on paper and who your friends are. This is why most of the "REAL COPS" have given up trying to proactively fight crime, because it gets you NOWHERE at HCSO with this command staff, other then maybe to "IA". Don't even get started on the poor troops in the jail. The criminals now run amuck and know that the jail deputies cannot do anything without being scrutinized and Monda Morning Quarterbacked from every direction. No wonder the criminals in Hillsborough County have no fear of going to jail anymore, since they have it made in Hillsborough. "Oh Room service can I get another warm towel please".......what a joke :roll:

Too bad we don't have a union. Go ahead with all the slam comments. There was a reason the administration wanted them gone and went to extreme measures to be sure they were. So glad you newbies voted their way. Are you beginning to see why you need, at least, the potential of being represented.

Yep, I agree maybe it was a mistake to have voted out the union. We're not getting any pay raises anyways might as well have a union to fight for us when it comes to disciplinary issues or maybe a fairer way of promotions. I admit I got suckered I never thought in a million years that the sheriff would abandon the troops and leave this office to the chief who is a tyrant to all to include supervisors.

Simple solution people: VOTE GEE OUT AND HIS BAND OF IDIOTS come next election for SHERIFF!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Too bad we don't have a union. Go ahead with all the slam comments. There was a reason the administration wanted them gone and went to extreme measures to be sure they were. So glad you newbies voted their way. Are you beginning to see why you need, at least, the potential of being represented.
    A union can not do a thing for you. Look over at the TPD site.

Gee can sit back and say no no no all day long.

And to think that many could hardly wait for Sheriff Henderson to leave office. Bet you would like to see him back now.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    And to think that many could hardly wait for Sheriff Henderson to leave office. Bet you would like to see him back now.
    Actually, I'd like to see Grady Judd over here as Sheriff.

:cop: :cop: :cop:

To the poster that says shut up to the rookies whining...you might want to take a look at the recent transfer memos....it is all the rookies who are getting the transfer and the cush jobs. Having paid your dues and being senior at this agency amounts to absolutely nothing. When I was promoted "ALL new supervisors will work the street" and you cannot transfer until you are off probation. Look at the lists my friends. Half the people being transfered were never on the street as a supervisor or if they were it was for a minute, and now they are being transferred to the good jobs while still on probation. Then others were transferred without notice or a request and then if you didn't put in a request you are "NOT A TEAM PLAYER". Does it matter if you are happy wwhere you are? or because of family issues your schedule can't change? or what about if you are going to school to get that almighty education that makes you a better cop? Yea right.

Union? I was an advocate against it before but I think now there would be alot of people jump on that bad wagon. If it is lead by the right people it could work.

Unfair labor practices, hmm, law suit against the agency. They just paid out $100,000. How bout the female deps that get pregnant in phase 5 and get told they can be a CSO now or nothing and at a later date reapply to be a dep? Is that really cost effective after months of training them?

As for Grady Judd, why did you shoot him so many times? we ran out of bullets! (or something like that) Awesome, sign him up

Every place has problems but this place used to be a GREAT place to work. Now.....not so much

CHANGE seems to be the political phrase and we darn sure need it!!

You should make a statement and turnin your stripes then, FH.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast