Question about car modifications please help. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Question about car modifications please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    It wont make it louder tho. The catalytic converter and muffler is still there. They are just tips. The noise would remain the same if not actually be lower. Apart from noise, which it would not affect in a negative way. Anything else wrong with them?
    They look stupid as F*ck ...and your going to spend money for something that doesnt do anything, other than look stupid.

Yes, it would technically be illegal if you put on a fart pipe but you could make a trooper who wrote you for this look like an idiot in court if you wanted.

How many of you have a sound meter? Do you have a calibrated eardrum that can identify anything over 79 decibels? How can you articulate that the vehicle is "Louder than it was originally equipped" in court other than saying "Your honor, his fart pipe just sounded too loud."

Just saying!

Yes, it would technically be illegal if you put on a fart pipe but you could make a trooper who wrote you for this look like an idiot in court if you wanted.

How many of you have a sound meter? Do you have a calibrated eardrum that can identify anything over 79 decibels? How can you articulate that the vehicle is "Louder than it was originally equipped" in court other than saying "Your honor, his fart pipe just sounded too loud."

Just saying!
    Don't come here stirring crap. If you were actually an L.E.O. you would know that if you write them under 316.293.5b you don't need a decibel meter. All it takes is for the exhaust is louder than factory for that specific car. Also to the original poster, if it is not louder you should be fine legally but you will still look like a complete idiot driving around in that crap. The only people who appreciate cars like that are the people who drive them, the rest of us think you and those like you are complete morons.

Quote Originally Posted by guest123456

Just saying!
    Don't come here stirring crap. If you were actually an L.E.O. you would know that if you write them under 316.293.5b you don't need a decibel meter. All it takes is for the exhaust is louder than factory for that specific car. Also to the original poster, if it is not louder you should be fine legally but you will still look like a complete idiot driving around in that crap. The only people who appreciate cars like that are the people who drive them, the rest of us think you and those like you are complete morons.
    Hey man thats fine. The only person that is driving my car is me. If i went around doing things to please others what a sad life i would live. Thanks for the answer.

Just saying!
    Not trying to stir shizzat, and yes, I'm an LEO. Like I said, how are you going to come close to being able to ARTICULATE that it is louder than factory for that specific car? Even an attorney fresh out of law school could chew you up and spit you out for writing that!

Just saying!
    Not trying to stir shizzat, and yes, I'm an LEO. Like I said, how are you going to come close to being able to ARTICULATE that it is louder than factory for that specific car? Even an attorney fresh out of law school could chew you up and spit you out for writing that!
    Lawyer: Trooper how do you know that my client's Honda Civic had altered exhuast making it louder than factory?

Trooper: The muffler on a stock Honda Civic says "Honda" on it and it generally small in appearance making little noise. The muffler on your client's Honda Civic says "flormaster", was enormous and chrome making it very easy to spot, and sounded much like a weed whacker being revved up to its maximum spin as opposed to the light noise which comes from a stock Honda muffler or any other stock muffler on a standard base model automobile for that matter.

Judge: I find the defendant guilty, $500.00 plus court costs (Sumter County).

Does this answer your question?

Just saying!
    Lawyer: Trooper how do you know that my client's Honda Civic had altered exhuast making it louder than factory?

Trooper: The muffler on a stock Honda Civic says "Honda" on it and it generally small in appearance making little noise. The muffler on your client's Honda Civic says "flormaster", was enormous and chrome making it very easy to spot, and sounded much like a weed whacker being revved up to its maximum spin as opposed to the light noise which comes from a stock Honda muffler or any other stock muffler on a standard base model automobile for that matter.

Judge: I find the defendant guilty, $500.00 plus court costs (Sumter County).

Does this answer your question?
    ****** "Flowmaster" is what I meant to say.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Modified Exhaust is a Road Hazard

I been operating a motor Vehicle for 39 years and I have my CDL driver’s license and operated a motor bus for a while. I was taught the importance of safety on our roads when driving. I would like to bring to the conscious awareness to our elected officials and Law Enforcement if I may, safety should be of the utmost concern on our roads. In the last ten years I have noticed these vehicles with modified exhaust systems progressively getting louder and louder and more and more vehicles purposely making their vehicle obnoxiously loud, (I scratch my head and ask, why?) in my observation the louder than the next guy. At first it was an unneeded road annoyance but now it is becoming a road hazard. I’ll be on the phone and I can't hear the person I'm talking to because they want to pollute the air with unneeded noise and the noise doesn't go away, right away, it will be there linger for about half a minute to a minute, so this shows to me these cars are getting dangerously loud and are no way cool. (I have also seen these guys revvving it up on drivers to get out of thier way)Cool is the driver who shows courtesy with their driving tactics and respect their fellow citizens. I ask myself what kind of person hides behind a loud machine and disrespects his fellow citizens with gross noise pollution so that they can be looked at maybe. Lol (or are they angry at life and it’s a way to vent their weak emotion onto society) What-ever the case it is not right and not fair to the people in the community. It’s to the point where these machines are piercing right threw our homes and taking away our peace and quiet .(waking up the family at times)

Unregistered
    This has got to be a joke. Noone in their right mind would think it looks anything other than stupid.

Unregistered

lol

lol, if they want to show off how loud the machine is, take it to a venue, not where our familys r driving. It's for sure a road harzard now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast