LSCO Deputy arrested after DUI crash - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: LSCO Deputy arrested after DUI crash

Quote Originally Posted by 1ofmany
    If you are looking for someone to call a scumbag, he is currently on administrative leave from the Hendry County Sheriff's Office pending the outcome of an internal affairs investigation.
    Exactly-

a state trooper determined probable cause for arrest existed. That should tell you the guy was pretty slammed.
    Really? You think a State Trooper arresting or ticketing a fellow law enforcement officer is evidence of anything??? And I say law enforcement officer because those aren't cops. Not by a long shot. A trooper wouldn't cut his own mother a break on anything traffic related, let alone one of us. Your way off, pally. The trooper finding probable cause proves exactly nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF???
    a state trooper determined probable cause for arrest existed. That should tell you the guy was pretty slammed.
    Really? You think a State Trooper arresting or ticketing a fellow law enforcement officer is evidence of anything??? And I say law enforcement officer because those aren't cops. Not by a long shot. A trooper wouldn't cut his own mother a break on anything traffic related, let alone one of us. Your way off, pally. The trooper finding probable cause proves exactly nothing.
    This was not a traffic stop. There was another person involved in this collision. If T.B. was in fact DUI, then how is it the trooper's fault?

Do you arrest people for DUI when you don't have the indicators? No.

The troopers are very proficient in their crash and dui investigations. It's their bread and butter. Don't be knocking down our fellow brothers for doing their job. They have to do an impartial investigation.

Dont drink and drive

First of all, the Trooper was dispatched to the crash scene under the request of LCSO not by his own choice. I'am sorry, but being an LEO myself and in the middle of a crash scene with EMS, witnesses and the victim herself, if you are drunk you are going to jail period. I will not explain to my 4 yr old son and 7 month pregnant wife how I lost my job trying to help a brother out, at the end no one will pay my mortgage or feed my family. By the way, I was stopped before by a Florida Trooper and he was very polite and professional, we actually chatted for a while on the side of the road. I never demanded courtesy but it was his own free choice to extend it. Last and not least, do not find yourself in these kind of criminal situations (DUI) and you will not have to worry about the Cop, Deputy or Trooper. This is not NYPD where you can go around doing as you please. :cop:

Quote Originally Posted by Yeap

First of all, the Trooper was dispatched to the crash scene under the request of LCSO not by his own choice. I'am sorry, but being an LEO myself and in the middle of a crash scene with EMS, witnesses and the victim herself, if you are drunk you are going to jail period. I will not explain to my 4 yr old son and 7 month pregnant wife how I lost my job trying to help a brother out, at the end no one will pay my mortgage or feed my family. By the way, I was stopped before by a Florida Trooper and he was very polite and professional, we actually chatted for a while on the side of the road. I never demanded courtesy but it was his own free choice to extend it. Last and not least, do not find yourself in these kind of criminal situations (DUI) and you will not have to worry about the Cop, Deputy or Trooper. This is not NYPD where you can go around doing as you please. :cop:
    Probably the most thoughtful, intelligent post I have read on this issue.

Just saw on the news that all charges have been dropped due to lack of evidence. Will Deputy get his job back...NOT. Way to go Mike. Another case of GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT. In his haste to fire this deputy one thing was forgotten... HE MAY BE INNOCENT. This guy has been fried in the media thanks to the SHERIFF. Just couldn't wait to let him go even though there is no evidence according to the State Attorney. I hope he sues all who were involved in his firing.

In the campaign for President, MS openly supported McCain/Palin ticket, hence his intro of Palin by using Obama's middle name. MS made an attempt to associate Obama's middle name to "evil", you know, the ones who attacked us on 9/11, scare people, make them mad, condemn them all, especially Obama.

MS has continued to use this method in destroying his own members, anything to keep face with the public, make it appear I'm a tough guy and won't put up with any misdoings at all, act quickly (without trial).

This incident is just another example of his justice. Was it justice to the Sergeant from crime scene to allow the Chief Deputy to come down on this man so hard, to a point where he appealed to the civil service board, don't forget MS witnessed the whole incident and only acted months later when the Sergeant was about to have his hearing. Even MS's reaction was to save himself, as he judged the incident the day before the hearing and came down on the Chief Deputy. No IA, no listening to the Sergeant, just a letter from him on a Monday (after the Chief had resigned) and was out of the picture, in less than 24 hours after receiving the letter MS ruled on the incident and sent his personal findings out to the media, once again showing his "tough guy" face.

I never felt Charlie should have been Chief Deputy, lacked the experience to be one, but, then again, I knew MS was using Charlie to insulate himself, Charlie was MS's evil twin, his hatchet man.

MS has now surrounded himself with staff who really don't have a clue as to what true leadership is all about, only "yes men", pay them well, give them promotions and you'll do what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Linebackerll
    Come on guys! You know he's a goner and he deserves it. No union could save him and he doesn't deserve to be saved.
    AAAAAHHHHH Case is nole prossed... no evidence... try again... check it out on leeclerk.org.

This situation is a profound example of the tyrannical decisions MS has made over the years. This is also a perfect situation for a union to represent and defend this officer if we had union representation. The only recourse he has now is hire his own attorney and appeal the firing to the civil service board. Which, we all know to be a joke and partial to side with the sheriff. The sheriff ridiculed, tried, convicted and terminated this deputy before he was ever allowed full due process. Does that seem fair? We cannot debate the arrest as it was made. But, the state has shown lack of evidence and dropped all criminal charges. So, why is it this officer should lose his job? We have officers working here who have been arrested for domestic violence, plead no contest and still have their jobs. So is one ok and not the other?

This type of unjust treatment and discipline will not end. We need to protect our rights, benefits, pensions and salaries. IUPA can help us with those through collective bargaining. Say yes to IUPA, say yes to your future.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast