LSCO Deputy arrested after DUI crash
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

LSCO Deputy arrested after DUI crash

http://www.nbc-2.com/global/story.asp?s=12859043

A Lee County deputy was arrested for driving under the influence Thursday evening after allegedly rear-ending another vehicle.

The Florida Highway Patrol says Todd David Brownson, 47, of Cape Coral, was heading west on Cypress Lake Drive just after 7 p.m. when he rammed into a car stopped at the red light at Cypress Lake Plaza.

The other driver, 42-year-old Rebecca Ann Nickerson of Fort Myers, suffered minor injuries.

Troopers say Brownson refused to take any field sobriety tests and also refused a breathalyzer test.

He was taken to the Lee County Jail on charges of DUI, DUI with property damage. Brownson was also cited for careless driving.

The sheriff's office says he has been a deputy since 2008 and works in Lehigh Acres.

He worked for the Cape Coral Police Department, where he took the city's buyout option and retired in 2008.

Brownson has been placed on administrative leave without pay pending an internal investigation.

Re: LSCO Deputy arrested after DUI crash

This is sad news. Todd is a great guy and I hope he will be OK.

This is sad. He is a good guy and does not deserve the media smear going on! I'm glad he and the women he hit are not badly injured. The media in this town has made it sound like he has gone rogue and now is "on the other side of the law . . . " What a bunch of BS. When will the local coppers in this town wake up and start taking note of these snot nosed punk "investigative" reporters out and about. What? They don't tie one on from time to time? They don't speed their butts off rushing to any one of our scenes? They don't get wrapped up in bad mortgage deals . . . oh wait, sorry Jessica Stillwell. For heavens sake Megan Smith is living with a Cape cop. There has to big a big juicy story in that some where! Glass houses people. FU Fox. FU NBC2. FU WINK. FU ABC7.

Almost forgot you Sam Cook. Yeah. Book em' Dan O; 1 count DUI! :cop:

Another call for union representation... :devil: :devil: :devil:

Sheriff Mike Scott wrote in an e-mail that he is "disgusted and embarrassed" by Brownson's behavior.

"However, I am mostly sad because I realize that these occasional and negative incidents detract and distract from the multitude of good things that the majority of our membership is doing 24/7," Scott said. "I will not tolerate this nonsense and it is safe for you to assume that his future with us is short- lived."

So, the administration has already determined Todd's fate, even though the criminal prosecution has not moved forward. WTF? Are they going to wait until he is convicted of something before they can him, or is just another casualty? He didn't blow or submit to roadsides. Let's see if the state even has a case.

Todd is a good guy and we should support him. As for the people who cant stand the media, I agree they need to be put in there place. I had to laugh when Samir Cabrera went through his ordeal and Channel 2 swarmed his wife in front of the federal court house. That was classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo
    Sheriff Mike Scott wrote in an e-mail that he is "disgusted and embarrassed" by Brownson's behavior.

"However, I am mostly sad because I realize that these occasional and negative incidents detract and distract from the multitude of good things that the majority of our membership is doing 24/7," Scott said. "I will not tolerate this nonsense and it is safe for you to assume that his future with us is short- lived." http://www.news-press.com/article/20...arged-with-DUI

So, the administration has already determined Todd's fate, even though the criminal prosecution has not moved forward. WTF? Are they going to wait until he is convicted of something before they can him, or is just another casualty? He didn't blow or submit to roadsides. Let's see if the state even has a case.
    I included the link where it came from so it doesn't get deleted by the MOD.
    You are so correct. This is the same thing he did publicly with BF and the Hendry county deputy. His fate was determined prior to any IA every being launched. Where is the fair progressive disciplinary practices? There isn't any. This is why we need IUPA in here. It is not going to stop until we have some protection in place and representation to fight for us. Refer to this link and read this post http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtop...f=309&t=101417 Does that sound like fair discipline? Can we all use that excuse now if we make a mistake on or off duty, "poor judgment." I am not defending Brownson, and I don't think any of us can if we don't have all the facts, (the neighbors of Jeff Dahmer said he was a "good guy" and look what he turned out to be). If he was DUI then he has to deal with the consequences. But I am definitely against conviction prior to due process. Be safe out there.

MS doesn't have to meet the same burden of proof that the SAO does. Even with PBA, IUPA, FOP or any other of the alphabet organizations representing him, MS would only need a preponderance of the evidence to terminate. We have all made DUI arrests before. If the suspect refuses to blow it's because he knows he is guilty. There is no other reason to refuse! I've never met this guy, but my money is on him being terminated.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ofmany
    MS doesn't have to meet the same burden of proof that the SAO does. Even with PBA, IUPA, FOP or any other of the alphabet organizations representing him, MS would only need a preponderance of the evidence to terminate. We have all made DUI arrests before. If the suspect refuses to blow it's because he knows he is guilty. There is no other reason to refuse! I've never met this guy, but my money is on him being terminated.
    Wow! Sounds like you have him tried, convicted and sentenced. Good job to you. You must feel good knowing you like many downtown and at the SAO have a crystal ball to predict the future. What are the lotto numbers next week?
    It is evident you are a union hater based on your last two posts. I hope in your perfect world you never make any mistakes or use poor judgment so you are not subject to any unfair discipline. To walk in your shoes... one must feel like a king.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast