Retired Captain John Sollazzo Died Last Night

Retired Captain John Sollazzo Died Last Night

I just got word and verified that retired Captain John Sollazzo died in his sleep last night. His son, Joe Sollazzo, retired from TPD a few years back as a sergeant with 20 years on. John retired from TPD as a captain around 17 years ago I believe. Rest In Peace Captain!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Re: Retired Captain John Sollazzo Died Last Night

Quote Originally Posted by Bearer of Bad News
    I just got word and verified that retired Captain John Sollazzo died in his sleep last night. His son, Joe Sollazzo, retired from TPD a few years back as a sergeant with 20 years on. John retired from TPD as a captain around 17 years ago I believe. Rest In Peace Captain!
    For those of you who worked in Tactical, SEB and QUAD back in the 80's and 90's, I'm sure you have fond memories of Cap. Sollazzo like me. His famous saying was telling everyone to use "Tact, PR and Diplomacy" so they would stay out of trouble when dealing with the public. Great guy who will be missed by many. I heard that John wanted the family to have a private ceremony and wished to be cremated. I received a phone call this evening telling me that there will be a gathering at the FOP on Monday, July 26th, at 1600 hours for those who knew John and want to honor him. This was his monthly hangout as long as steak was served (grin). Also, here are some pictures to remember him by:

Retired Captain John Sollazzo at his best on 07/09/07

John (far left) and friends at the FOP for his steak dinner on 07/09/07

John's son, retired Sgt. Joe Sollazzo

Rest in peace John!