Reserve Program
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reserve Program

Reserve Program

Im looking to join the Hillsborough County Sheriff Reserve program.
    Im currently certified in the State of Florida as a Law Enforcement officer. What is the diffrence between the Reserve I and Reserve II deputys?
    How long does the process take? Are deputys open to taking reserve deputys after initial 100 hours of training?
    Any other information will be helpful! Thank you

Re: Reserve Program

Reserve I's are fully certified and retain all law enforcement powers. Reserve II's are sworn, but only have full law enforcement powers when working under the "supervision" of a fully certified law enforcement officer. If you are interested, go to the HCSO web site. www.hcso.tampa.fl.us for information.

I don't think you can come into the RI's, without retiring. Yeas ago they would have a regular module every so often. I believe now you have to be full time and transfer or retire into the program. RII', on the other hand do have module's. Check with the Reserve coordinator and double check.

Whe you say under the supervision, what does that mean? Do you have to be in direct contact with a sworn leo? Do Reserves have to go through sot?

Reserve IIs do not go through SOT. And "under the supervision" means that a regular deputy or supervisor is taking responsibility for supervision.

From www,joinhcso.com
    The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office will be a hosting an open house for the position of Law Enforcement Reserve Deputy II positions only on Saturday August 14th 2010 from 9:00a.m.-1:00 p.m. at the Falkenburg Road Jail Assembly Room located at 520 Falkenburg Road, Tampa FL 33619. THIS LAW ENFORCEMENT RESERVE DEPUTY II POSITION IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY. THIS OPEN HOUSE IS FOR RESERVE DEPUTY II ONLY. This will replace the quarterly meeting to be held the first Tuesday of August.

I attended an Reserve 2 orientation recently and found out I couldn't keep my day job as a Security Officer If I wanted to attend their academy. The HCSO deputy said it was a conflict of interest even if I work in another county. The program looked descent but I will be looking at other Auxiliary and Reserve programs nearby because of this issue.

This is true, even though we have a major still operating his own security business with a female reserve deputy.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    This is true, even though we have a major still operating his own security business with a female reserve deputy.
    I'm shocked. :shock: Well... not really. Say it aint so Joe.

[quote=The Nitely Blog]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Average Joe":116y8jhw
    I'm shocked. :shock: Well... not really. Say it aint so Joe.[/quote:116y8jhw]

Not sure about the story regarding the R2 Major but his own brother in-law is a Security Supervisor and he is also an R2 Sgt.(nepotism?) and for some reason, he gets away with it.

There is also a few other mandates for ALL R2s. We as RII Deputies must work the SOC once a year as well as a Gasparilla Parade. If we don't, there are repercussions including losing any rights to any of the few paid details offered.

AND, if we miss any of our Monthly meetings or if we do not put in 20 hours a month, we must write a Memo as to the reasons why. That's all good stuff for sure. BUT, there are a few R2s who work in Administration at the HCSO such as in IT Dept and the garage that rarely, if at all show up at any meetings nor do they work the Parade or SOC... as if they are exempt. Those type of inconsistencies causes Morale to drop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast