Deputy Bankruptcy & Foreclosures Stats - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Deputy Bankruptcy & Foreclosures Stats

Why would you post the idea on a public website to look up officers addresses by name?

Why would there still be officers on the department who haven't blocked public access via leeclerk so that they CAN'T be looked up by name?

I guess some of you rednecks just don't care about the safety of your home or your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Why would you post the idea on a public website to look up officers addresses by name?

Why would there still be officers on the department who haven't blocked public access via leeclerk so that they CAN'T be looked up by name?

I guess some of you rednecks just don't care about the safety of your home or your family.
    If you knew your facts, most lawsuits do not get the same protection to block an address of an LEO. A foreclosure is a lawsuit and subject to open public records. And bankruptcy is federal and can be obtained through similar means. No one implied for them to release their address but somehow this story needs to get out. It can be done without giving up an LeO's residence. The data is what people want.

I went bankrupt. I was told by admin that it was a civil remedy and would not affect my job.

On the other side; I pulled a car over for a minor traffic infraction. The woman in the car had two kids in it. I was going to write a ticket because I was low on “activity” for the month. I couldn’t do it. The woman was crying because she babbled a barrage of financial problems.

She got a 9W. Later that evening she called my sergeant to say how courteous I was. I’m confident that impacted her life and opinion of us. It might be courteous, soft, or maybe I was a sucker. I think I was being human.

It’s tough for everyone. Bankruptcy won’t loose you your job. We are all having it rough and the public is having it worse. Everyone needs to stay professional and wait for things to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

The clerk website does not give out anyone's address. Perhaps you should look the site up and see for yourself before posting. It shows the process of the foreclosure and only the name. :?

Although I feel for all of those who are losing their homes & having to go bankrupt & the like, I can't help but feel a little pissed about it as well. I don't know everyone's situation, but I know many who work w/in my agency who are totally taking advantage of it w/ the only penalty being their credit score.
    How many people do you know that got on the flipping bandwagon & bought those $500+ thousand dollar houses & were going to make lots of $ when the bottom fell out. What sane person would do that on a Deputy's pay and the spouses general office worker's pay. I blame the banks and the people who believed they could keep up those mortgage payments for a few years.
    Now, they're crying poor mouth, Oh poor me.... I know some that have walked away from their homes b/c now they can afford an even better house at a lower price. I'm sorry to vent, but it just ticks me off that those who are totally scamming the system & getting away w/ it. Clearly, most of the LE agencies have policies about credit scores & keeping up w/ your finances, but are not being enforced. When I got hired, if you had a crappy credit score, you didn't get the job - period. The standards for hiring have gone down the past 5+ years & it is evident w/ what is going w/ these scammers.
    I know I'm going to get blasted for saying some of this b/c I know that many are legit & suffering through these trying times. None of us have gotten raises in years & won't for several more to come. All we can do is keep doing our best to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by A county south
    Although I feel for all of those who are losing their homes & having to go bankrupt & the like, I can't help but feel a little pissed about it as well. I don't know everyone's situation, but I know many who work w/in my agency who are totally taking advantage of it w/ the only penalty being their credit score.
    How many people do you know that got on the flipping bandwagon & bought those $500+ thousand dollar houses & were going to make lots of $ when the bottom fell out. What sane person would do that on a Deputy's pay and the spouses general office worker's pay. I blame the banks and the people who believed they could keep up those mortgage payments for a few years.
    Now, they're crying poor mouth, Oh poor me.... I know some that have walked away from their homes b/c now they can afford an even better house at a lower price. I'm sorry to vent, but it just ticks me off that those who are totally scamming the system & getting away w/ it. Clearly, most of the LE agencies have policies about credit scores & keeping up w/ your finances, but are not being enforced. When I got hired, if you had a crappy credit score, you didn't get the job - period. The standards for hiring have gone down the past 5+ years & it is evident w/ what is going w/ these scammers.
    I know I'm going to get blasted for saying some of this b/c I know that many are legit & suffering through these trying times. None of us have gotten raises in years & won't for several more to come. All we can do is keep doing our best to survive.
    Who cares? If you can work the system without breaking the law, then do it. What is it to you that your co-worker found a loophole? If you don't want to do it, then don't, but don't be a hater because your friend got over.

Why would anyone that still actually has a job, not watch where they are spending their money?
    We do not have the ability like the government to just print the stuff out.
    Budgets need to be followed,
    This was not an overnight surprise.
    Way to much spending on the goodies is the biggest problem
    After all most,police/so etc. have a car,gas,maintanance insurance etc. paid for, not so in the public sector.
    Just be thankfull for what you have & watch the un-necc. spending, 8)

If we had a union, maybe we could dip into the I.U.P.A. reserves for bailouts to help out our brothers and sisters who overextended themselves. :devil: :evil: :devil:

Why would anyone that still actually has a job, not watch where they are spending their money?
    We do not have the ability like the government to just print the stuff out.
    Budgets need to be followed,
    This was not an overnight surprise.
    Way to much spending on the goodies is the biggest problem
    After all most,police/so etc. have a car,gas,maintanance insurance etc. paid for, not so in the public sector.
    Just be thankfull for what you have & watch the un-necc. spending,
    Thanks for the insight Captain, or Major as it might be. Why are staff officers making DOUBLE what deputies and sergeants make allowed to work details?

(After all most,police/so etc. have a car,gas,maintanance insurance etc. paid for, not so in the public sector.)

Are you kidding me? We have a car, gas, maintenance, insurance etc. paid for...???? We are judged highly if we are seen in civilian clothing by the public when using our "Free Car", as well as having to stop and help the public if something happens. I don't even bother using the "Free Car" because it is a bunch of BS.. One week, we are told we can use them for personal use, the next week, we are told we cannot.

I am also pretty sure that each Deputy has one or two car payments, insurance, mainenance, gas, etc for their POV's.

The statement that I quoted makes no sense. Must be a LT or above who is making too much money.

And FINALLY... WHO IS ANYONE TO TELL ME WHAT MY BILLS ARE AND WHAT I MAKE AND HOW DARE YOU ASSUME THAT I AM SPENDING WHERE I SHOULDNT BE! Get a grip!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast