viewing information for SGT. Eladio "Kiki" Parra

Exclamation viewing information for SGT. Eladio "Kiki" Parra

Viewing for Sgt. Kiki Parra: tomorrow: Tuesday July 6, 2010 at Caballero Rivero Woodland 8200 Bird Rd at 6pm-12 am. Burial info to follow.....

Kiki, they don't make them like you anymore. You will be missed a true man, a true police officer and a true friend. We have one more person watching over us now. Rest in peace my friend, your family is our prayers. Until we meet again....... :cry:

Re: viewing information for SGT. Eladio "Kiki" Parra

Kiki was not only a personal friend of mine but he was like my blood brother. When I was fifteen years old I met Kiki and we attended Jr. High School and High School together. If there was ever a person born to be a Cop it was Kiki. His father had been a Police Officer in Cuba and Kiki was obsessed with following his father’s foot steps. I can remember going to parties in high school, Kiki drove a really cool Chevy SS 396. We would cruise together in his car and anytime he saw a Police Unit on a traffic stop or handling an accident he would stop and spend an endless amount of time just observing the activity. I remember getting angry at him because we were late to where ever we were headed.

It was on or about 1974 when Kiki started his police career with the City of Miami Police Department. During his attendance at the Police academy, he would come by my house at the end of every shift dressed in his light blue BLE Police Trainee uniform and relay the stories of the day to me. Kiki was the sole reason that I became a Police Officer. When I attended the Police academy, it was his Smith & Wesson Model 64 I used to qualify. Kiki worked in the City of Miami during turbulent times, and was infamous for being an assertive Police Officer and Auto Theft Detective. He worked the MsDuffie Riots, worked the Mariel Boatlift era, the Lozano Riots and many more, but Kiki was always the most polite professional officer I ever encountered unless you crossed the line of mutual respect. Those of us who still remain and survived those times in Miami know how difficult and violent Police Work was during those days. What folks do not know is how Kiki would buy meals for the homeless, and help those most in need never asking for anything in return.

I had the distinct pleasure of recruiting Kiki to the Sweetwater Police Department during the late 80’s, where he served in excess of 20 years until his death. I never had any doubt that Kiki was a Cop’s/Cop and that he would serve the citizens of Sweetwater with distinction and courage. I can remember looking at an offender photo one evening and prior to reading the use of force I asked, “Parra correct ?” and the reply was yes. What is not told in the stories is that Kiki never used excessive force. What is also not known about this incident was that the offender sucker punched Kiki on his blind side and tried to take his gun. You see, Kiki was blind in one eye. But that handicap did not deter him from being the Police Officer I always looked up to. If Parra dispensed street justice you can believe that the recipient was deserving of it.

There are countless stories I can tell you about Kiki, but none greater than the love and devotion he had for his wife and children. Kiki worked religiously to maintain his family. He was never a materialistic person and lived for his family and the badge he wore on his chest.

I was crushed to learn of his death, and he is most deserving of any and all Police Honors bestowed upon him.

I will be present to pay tribute to one of the finest Police Officers that ever served any community in the United States. Kiki is my brother and will always be the first to respond when I call for a 315……

Viewing will be held at Rivero Caballero Funeral Home located at 8200 SW 40 Street, Miami, Florida on Tuesday 07/06/2010, from 6PM to 12 midnight.

A funeral mass will be held at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church located at 11291 SW 142 Avenue, Miami, Florida on Wednesday July 07, 2010 at 11 AM with interment to follow at Woodlawn Park South located at 11655 SW 117 Ave, Miami Florida