Why Do We Post on This Site!

Why Do We Post on This Site!

I'm not for dirty cops.
    I'm not for bad mouthing my co-workers.
    I'm not for bring discredit to my agency and or my chosen profession.
    I'm so stupid that I believe everything posted on this site.

BUT why do we do it?

When we cover everything from slain officers to we (cops) are A$$holes for helping a fellow officer.
    I say "we" because we are the one's giving into and perpetuating the continuance of this mockery.

We slam each other so badly, I’m not sure how we get anything done. The brotherhood is truly dead. The posting public hates us. We’re pissed we haven’t gotten a raise and the public is pissed we even think were entitled to one. I’m all for open discussion and “venting” but we really need to keep our business out of the public light. These people on this forum that are not cop, don’t get it. And when they do they critique our spelling or grammar.

Not everyone likes the Sheriff, God help us if they did.
    Not everyone likes those who might throw their hats into the ring.
    Not everyone is for the Union.

We need a secure place to vent, discuss, argue. All of which we need.

I can’t tell the public how pissed I am that some are just so stupid. They will never understand what it means to be a COP!

Not knowing if today is the day you will take someone’s life or they will take yours.

Use your head, this is out of control.

Re: Why Do We Post on This Site!

"We need a secure place to vent, discuss, argue. All of which we need"

Stop hiding behind a pseudonym and become a verified member of this site and you will have a place to vent, discuss, and argue outside the public eye. Are you afraid your coworkers will know who you are then? What, don't you trust Leoaffairs to keep your true identity private? Are you afraid they'll reveal your identity if the SO hit's them with a subpoena? What's the problem, crybaby?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

Stop hiding behind a pseudonym and become a verified member of this site and you will have a place to vent, discuss, and argue outside the public eye. Are you afraid your coworkers will know who you are then? What, don't you trust Leoaffairs to keep your true identity private? Are you afraid they'll reveal your identity if the SO hit's them with a subpoena? What's the problem, crybaby?
    I'm a crybaby, that's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Finally over this

Ya, that's exactly what I expected. A bunch of non-cops. Being a verified member of this site means nothing. As a member of the Sheriff's Office it is against policy to post on any forum good or bad, where you identify yourself as a member followed by your opinion. I would absolutely love to post my name, rank and Id number.

Being a cop is NOT a job it is a CALLING! Remember it.

I think the main reason we post here is because of the lack of trust for each other! MS has caused paranoia and fear in the agency! Voicing an opinion can cost you,especially if it has to do with the sheriff and his actions! Lets stop pretending we have a voice and job security!

Quote Originally Posted by Finally over this
    Being a verified member of this site means nothing. As a member of the Sheriff's Office it is against policy to post on any forum good or bad, where you identify yourself as a member followed by your opinion. I would absolutely love to post my name, rank and Id number.
    Look at the second paragraph here, http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtop...?f=309&t=93457 Once verified, you can go into a private area and no one will know who you are and never find out. I would not recommend identifying yourself even in that area but you can talk freely as no civilians are there.

[quote=Finally over this]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Finally over this":2s0a9u0z

Ya, that's exactly what I expected. A bunch of non-cops. Being a verified member of this site means nothing. As a member of the Sheriff's Office it is against policy to post on any forum good or bad, where you identify yourself as a member followed by your opinion. I would absolutely love to post my name, rank and Id number.

Being a cop is NOT a job it is a CALLING! Remember it.[/quote:2s0a9u0z]

Sorry, Rook, you need to grow up. This is a job and nothing more. It is a very demanding job, but just a job. Don't make it up to be more than it is, homie.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

[quote=Finally over this]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Finally over this":7qyyoew4

Being a cop is NOT a job it is a CALLING! Remember it.[/quote:7qyyoew4]

The process is fairly simple. You create any user name you want. You join the group. You get a PM from me requesting your personal information. I verify your identity. You are granted access, and the private message is deleted. There are no records kept of who has been verified. No way to track who a user name belongs to.
    God knows I can't remember them.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.