Quote Originally Posted by ;1585317

HOW THE HELL DOES THE SHERIFF JUSTIFY ISSUING NEARLY ALL RESERVES TAKE HOME CARS AND GAS CARDS? I GET IT. THEY SAVE THOUSSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR WORK PERFORMED, BUT ISSUING A CAR? I THINK IT WOULD BE BETTER TO PAY A MINIMAL HOURLY WAGE AND HAVE THEM PAY A GAS DEDUCTION FOR VOLUNTEER HOURS ABOUT THE MINIMUM REQUIRED FOR THE ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP. THAT MEANS THEY HAVE TO VOLUNTEER 16 HOURS PER MONTH. OK. ABOVE THAT IT IS $25/HOUR, MAXIMUM 40 HOURS A MONTH. THEN DEDUCT $50 A MONTH FOR GAS IF THEY HAVE AN ISSUED UNMARKED VEHICLE.
Sounds like you are a tad bit jealous. Possibly because you know the great benefit this is. It is a privelege to have a take home vehicle. Civilians such as myself instantly feel safer whenever We see a marked PBSO vehicle. The driver of the vehicle is a certified law enforcement officer. The fact that they do net get a paycheck, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 401k, bonuses, paid holidays and vacation, over-time etc... should be reason enough to justify a take home vehicle and gas card at the very least. The fact that they do not have to adhere to a set schedule is your petty reason that they should be denied this benefit is absolutely ludicrous. Honestly you sound like an immature, slightly damaged deputy who for no reason expresses views which invoke a sense of animosity towards a Fellow LEO. I suggest you look inside yourself and ask if you are better than any one of the amazing deputies who take care of our beautiful county each and every day. The answer is no. Relating them to volunteer was wrong. And you dont get it. The fact that they save us taxpayers money is not the whole picture. And your two cent strategy is ass backwards. Cheer up and thank God you for your great life. Love, learn, respect. Thank you to Rick Bradshaw for not tolerating criminals in Palm Beach county.