Thank you

Thread: Thank you

Thank you

I would like to thank everyone in your agency for everything you guys are doing to help catch Dontae Morris. You guys have gone above and beyond what anyone would ask. Your brothers in blue appreciate it more then you can imagine.

Re: Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Ofc Ian Lewis TPD
    I would like to thank everyone in your agency for everything you guys are doing to help catch Dontae Morris. You guys have gone above and beyond what anyone would ask. Your brothers in blue appreciate it more then you can imagine.
    You are very welcome my brother. TPD is a AWESOME Police Department and a great example of a working family, as well as the meaning of the phrase "The Thin Blue Line".
    TPD has shown that it has excellent leadership in it's command staff and knows the true meaning of "Teamwork". Hopefully Morris and anyone that is assisting him will be apprehended before another date on the calendar passes!

As a memeber of the Tampa Police Dept, I would like to express my deepest thanks for standing by us and assisiting us in this most unfortunate and heartbreaking time......

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    As a memeber of the Tampa Police Dept, I would like to express my deepest thanks for standing by us and assisiting us in this most unfortunate and heartbreaking time......
    It goes without saying that it was our pleasure & duty to help our brothers in blue at such a emotional time. I'm just glad Dontate Morris is in custody and expect that anyone that assisted him will be right behind him. Knowing that the State of Florida justice system is a joke, they picked up and charged his girlfriend who fled the scene that night, "Federally", which means she will be treated how a real court system should treat criminals and most likely be sent away to Federal prison for many years.....compared to the State of Florida court system which would have given her Probation or Time Served!

Anyway, back on track, you are again welcome TPD. Many HCSO Deputies have spoken about noticing how well you all at TPD worked together as one team and how well & often your TPD leaders spoke with and treated it's officers like a tight knitted family. Not only the TPD leaders, but also many other City workers and definately Mayor Iorio were at your alls side night & day whicle this manhunt went on. It just really shows that your department (TPD) is a great place to work, where it was extremely evident that the officers seemed very happy & eager to go to work as they arrived for their work shifts. Can your Dept rub off some of these quality traits and send them in bulk toward HCSO...................P L E A S E :!: :!: & God Bless Ya All my "Sisters N Brothers"

Well said, HCSO use to be a tight knit family similar to what I saw for the three days while at the TPD command post now its run by a bunch of wimps interested in how they appear to their commanders instead of worrying about taking care of their troops. I cant remember when I saw so many supervisors worried about little mickey mouse stuff instead of worrying about their troops safety. Even during this disaster it was evident that it was politics as usual and favortism ruled. Priorities in this office are screwed up. Hope things change for the better but it appears the morale at HCSO is dropping like a rock in water and they just dont get it. Lets hope some of those in charge to include front line supervisors decide they have had enough and retire. Not going to hold my breath but we can always hope. We need a new direction and could take a cue from some of the TPD supervisors.

Well said, HCSO use to be a tight knit family similar to what I saw for the three days while at the TPD command post now its run by a bunch of wimps interested in how they appear to their commanders instead of worrying about taking care of their troops. I cant remember when I saw so many supervisors worried about little mickey mouse stuff instead of worrying about their troops safety. Even during this disaster it was evident that it was politics as usual and favortism ruled. Priorities in this office are screwed up. Hope things change for the better but it appears the morale at HCSO is dropping like a rock in water and they just dont get it. Lets hope some of those in charge to include front line supervisors decide they have had enough and retire. Not going to hold my breath but we can always hope. We need a new direction and could take a cue from some of the TPD supervisors.
    I double those thoughts. TPD made ALL of problems at HCSO ever more clearer during the recent tragedy. HCSO has totally lost it's path toward fighting crime and taking care of it's own, that it was continually mentioned over & over by so many HCSO & TPD officers that it became almost embarrassing. I honestly don't know what it will take to begin to correct the problem because it has been allowed to root itself untouched for so long now without any change in direction by the HCSO command staff. The fact alone that the office won't hire ANY leo's from other agencies or precerts is absurd. Think about it, a HEROE like officer Kocab, who came from Plant City PD would not have been qualified to work at HCSO! Somebody at the top please catch a clue before the whole office justs crumbles away. Please put aside the politics & ego's for one minute and please start to implement some common sense into this problemed equation. The troops at HCSO want back the old family atmosphere and when coming to work was a thrill instead of such a downer. The troops on the street are so burdened with never ending calls and no resources to do anything about it, that they feel like they are losing the battle....which they are! ILP has done nothing to slow the crime rate! The only thing that will, is putting more troops on the frontlines to fight the war.

Angry Re: Thank you

I double those thoughts. TPD made ALL of problems at HCSO ever more clearer during the recent tragedy. HCSO has totally lost it's path toward fighting crime and taking care of it's own, that it was continually mentioned over & over by so many HCSO & TPD officers that it became almost embarrassing. I honestly don't know what it will take to begin to correct the problem because it has been allowed to root itself untouched for so long now without any change in direction by the HCSO command staff. The fact alone that the office won't hire ANY leo's from other agencies or precerts is absurd. Think about it, a HEROE like officer Kocab, who came from Plant City PD would not have been qualified to work at HCSO! Somebody at the top please catch a clue before the whole office justs crumbles away. Please put aside the politics & ego's for one minute and please start to implement some common sense into this problemed equation. The troops at HCSO want back the old family atmosphere and when coming to work was a thrill instead of such a downer. The troops on the street are so burdened with never ending calls and no resources to do anything about it, that they feel like they are losing the battle....which they are! ILP has done nothing to slow the crime rate! The only thing that will, is putting more troops on the frontlines to fight the war.

Oh yeah and Officer Curtis Was at one point in time known as "Detention Deputy Curtis"! Just food for thought! He was one of many dual certified Detention Deputies that go to TPD since they realize that detention experience is not bad experience! Anyhow, Rest in peace my brothers and it was my pleasure to do everything I could to help out TPD. God bless all of you!