Enough About SOG
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Enough About SOG

I am sick of hearing all this talk about SOG. There is a reason we think we are better than regular officers, because we are better. It is a fact and everyone knows it. We are better trained and more disciplined than your average overweight officer. We are operators. That is by definition what you call someone who conducts special operation. You can joke all you want about whether our operations are special or not. Well you joke regular officers don't even know half of what we do. You are on a need to know basis, and judging from your loyalties, you don't need to know. This reminds me of my previous deployments where guys that sat on the FOBs would complain the whole time and whine like little *****es while sitting in AC and drinking smoothies.

Bottom line: we are an elite organization that I would put up against any swat, SF, or seal team any time anywhere.

Re: Enough About SOG

This last post was a joke right? Funny? ha ha? Comparing SOG to the Seals? Yeah okay!

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Operator
    I am sick of hearing all this talk about SOG. There is a reason we think we are better than regular officers, because we are better. It is a fact and everyone knows it. We are better trained and more disciplined than your average overweight officer. We are operators. That is by definition what you call someone who conducts special operation. You can joke all you want about whether our operations are special or not. Well you joke regular officers don't even know half of what we do. You are on a need to know basis, and judging from your loyalties, you don't need to know. This reminds me of my previous deployments where guys that sat on the FOBs would complain the whole time and whine like little *****es while sitting in AC and drinking smoothies.

Bottom line: we are an elite organization that I would put up against any swat, SF, or seal team any time anywhere.
    This has to be an attempt at a joke. If not the idiot that recommened you for hire needs to be shot.

Actually he is probably not joking. Unfortunately this is the typical attitude displayed by SOG guys and girl(s). I am starting to think that maybe the article that was written in that tactical magazine sent their egos into overdrive. I bet some of them have it framed in their house. Hey at least one of the SOG guys was willing to display his true colors.

Quote Originally Posted by blingboy
    Actually he is probably not joking. Unfortunately this is the typical attitude displayed by SOG guys and girl(s). I am starting to think that maybe the article that was written in that tactical magazine sent their egos into overdrive. I bet some of them have it framed in their house. Hey at least one of the SOG guys was willing to display his true colors.
    There is nothing more pitiful then a won't a be. Granted some of the guys on SOG teams understand what SOG really is about. I little outfit to promote and make Julie Jones look like a great leader. Problem was along the way they forgot a job description. In other words they lost the special and special people are not going to lower there self to that level. Guys with military spec-ops back grounds (that were paid good money for those skills in the service) are not going to give it up for free. This agency needs to scrape the idea that people are going to continue to provide skills learned some where else to this agency for free. After all look what this agency paid that girl to be chief of staff (the one that was chief of staff in okaloosa county

After what happened in Okaloosa County, I don't think that I would reference "that girl's" skills.

That's some good stuff there "better than other officers", "elite", "on a need to know basis". Really?!?! On what experiences are you basing these statements on? Have you been a seal? Ever worked on a swat team at a different agency? I'm guessing your a typical new hire FWC officer with less than 2 years on the job, twenty something years old, with no previous life experience. Let me give you a little advice: you aren't going to make many friends when you walk around with your chest puffed that far out.

Not sure if you guys really believe those posts, but I highly doubt that it is real post. Even for those few SOG guys who do think they are better than other officers, I do not thnk they talk about themselves that way. I also believe they are the ones who we long time SOG members want to be rid of. Some of them are these young guys who DO think it is a status symbol, it isn't! I know that in our area the guys on SOG are hard chargers when not doing SOG stuff, do not hold themselves any better than anyone else, and they do a good job at being FWC first and foremost. So, if you have a problem with the local SOG team, address it there, because not all areas act /think that they are any better, even if they actually are, not due to being SOG, but because they chose to work hard, are good at what they do and not to whine, gripe, bad mouth, and post stuff on LEO affairs about other people....

Be Safe out there this weekend....

A little advice to the soggy boy. Take it from an old retire military spec-ops guy you need to keep your pie hole shut your on a gravy train and some day ya'll are going to put up or shut up. The problem you have is that nobody respects what you do because they haven't done anything. Respect is earned not given. You have to respect the rank but not the person. That is the problem a lot of folks with this out fit have from the top right on down. They get rank and can't understand why nobody respects them and there goes your motivation and moral. This agency has a serious problem with being respected both within and from the outside lookong in. SOG is no different, you say you work hard, there's folks that work at the Bryant building that think they work hard too. Only difference that I see is they get paid more for there hard work. (B.S.) I don't want to get started with that worthless bunch in Tally. Anyway soggy boys I lay low don't make no waves play with your toys get your O.T. and dream your little dreams. If it were all that there would be money in it and a line of well qualfied people trying out inside ya'll are reduced to begging for body's. And don't give that crap about it's not about the money. Peace out

Ok, maybe I went a little overboard with my post, but it pisses me off. We work hard and it bothers me that people have to talk sh#$ about SOG. What good does it do? If you have a problem with it do something other than post on this board. Man up. Who are those two idiots P Slayer and Newhire? They are probably gay lovers. If you know who they are in real life, let me know. I would like to put a SOG boot in their asses.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast