"More with Less !!!! "

"More with Less !!!! "

For the past 5 years or so this has been what the brass has preached to us “Do more with less !” We are short handed, over worked, under paid, over stressed, over oppressed, over intimidate, etc., etc.

Now it’s time for the our Brass to practice what they preach, and lead by example. Our Budget is less than we would like to have. And, due to the financial situation of this struggling economy, there will be no raises.

Practice what you preach. You are expected to pay your troops “MORE WITH LESS” money in the budget.

Put up or shut up!

Re: "More with Less !!!! "

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    For the past 5 years or so this has been what the brass has preached to us “Do more with less !” We are short handed, over worked, under paid, over stressed, over oppressed, over intimidate, etc., etc.

Now it’s time for the our Brass to practice what they preach, and lead by example. Our Budget is less than we would like to have. And, due to the financial situation of this struggling economy, there will be no raises.

Practice what you preach. You are expected to pay your troops “MORE WITH LESS” money in the budget.

Put up or shut up!
    Maybe it's just me, but your above post is a bit confusing. Can you better explain what you are trying to say? I can't blame the Sheriff for cutting back on pay raises right now, but I wish it had been implemented in a different manner, rather than a political move to appease that crazy Hillsborough County female commissioner or auditer (forgot her name) that said the Sheriff was not doing his part to cut back. The fact of the matter was that the money for raises was already factored in and available in the Sheriff Offices budget last year, but again in order to appease and play the game of politics, all pay raises got the axe. My main concern is that the HCSO PBA at the time was successful in getting HCSO employees a very long overdue pay step-plan and it would be a pretty sad day if the office does not reimplement the step-plan as soon as the economy begins to recover. There has been a poor standard in the past that once you lose something.....goodluck getting it back. Hopefully this will not be the case.