I.U.P.A.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I.U.P.A.

I.U.P.A.

I have attended both meetings and was very impressed with what I.U.P.A. had to say. Just check out there web page. There will be a question and answer section in the next couple of days posted from the two day meetings. I have talked to allot of you who have voiced your concerns to me about things that need to change. Well as the old saying goes the more they change the more they stay the same. So with that in mind let’s get a real voice our own. Some SGT’s have said to me that they will not sign a card but believe that a UNION needs to be brought in and that things need to change. Well I’m here to tell that it needs to happen and if your afraid to put your neck out there then I will. If you have any concerns or would like to speak to me please call. Thanks

Jamison Lazenby

Re: I.U.P.A.

Me two brother

Ross

When I started speaking with IUPA over three months ago, I was hesitant at first. Like many, you think of possibly risking your job and wonder if doing the right thing in your eyes will be viewed the same way by others. There was no personal gain in this, only four major issues of concern that I felt needed to be addressed and protected or locked in a contract. The issues included pension, benefits, salary and fair disciplinary practices. The gain was for all the sergeants and to help in the drive for the deputies when they are ready to revote in December since their vote fell short in November 2009. All other issues will fall into place once the union is voted in. I decided to do this campaign because I could not sit by any longer without getting involved and doing the right thing; make a positive difference. So, with the help of some dedicated friends who wanted to see some of the same issues protected, we have done a lot of work and the work is not over. We have had great success with this campaign and I am grateful for the support from my fellow officers in green. We, as a group need to stand tall and vote when the time comes and vote YES for IUPA. More information will be posted on our website http://www.leecountysheriffsdeputiesforiupa.org/ as it becomes available. Thank you for your continued support, do not give up, as I know I will not, and please do not give in to propaganda emails you may receive. If you have any questions please let me know.
    Jonathan

I am not employed by the Lee County Sheriff's, but, have worked in the law enforcement field (under three Sheriff's). At no time did I, or for that matter, hardly anyone else, ever thought about having a union represent us. Why, because the Sheriff's I worked for came up through the ranks. They were Sergeants, Lieutenantd, Captains and two were Majors, they knew what was needed for the membership, because they had first hand experienced of the day-to-day operation of the agency. Your present Sheriff, didn't experience any of these supervisory positions, hence, his distance from having the experience of the day-to-day operation. Experience is the utmost importance. Do you think any business or organization would promote a person who never held a true supervisory position to that of CEO, NO they wouldn't. The Sheriff of Lee County needs to be held responsible for his and the actions of those he selected around him, a union is the only answer, he will not change. The Sheriff knows how to take care of himself, not YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I am not employed by the Lee County Sheriff's, but, have worked in the law enforcement field (under three Sheriff's). At no time did I, or for that matter, hardly anyone else, ever thought about having a union represent us. Why, because the Sheriff's I worked for came up through the ranks. They were Sergeants, Lieutenantd, Captains and two were Majors, they knew what was needed for the membership, because they had first hand experienced of the day-to-day operation of the agency. Your present Sheriff, didn't experience any of these supervisory positions, hence, his distance from having the experience of the day-to-day operation. Experience is the utmost importance. Do you think any business or organization would promote a person who never held a true supervisory position to that of CEO, NO they wouldn't. The Sheriff of Lee County needs to be held responsible for his and the actions of those he selected around him, a union is the only answer, he will not change. The Sheriff knows how to take care of himself, not YOU.
    Amen!

I have been employed in a local agency for the lasy ten years. My sallry has went up 115%. How about yours. I'll bet is has not. I'm sure you have been told that you are going to lose cars, money, medical, etc, etc. Thats bull shit if you want to keep what you have know you better get the union in. Once it is ratified all youe curret status stays in place, cars,medical etc. No one wants any one loking at there books. My fellow brothers at the PD have said for years that LCSO has been getting it stuck to them. We may be giving back 5% but thats on a 9% raise with over 37% raise the last four years. Vote in some type of Union to have a voice that is your voice. If not you will keep getting what you get a nice shinny nothing and that will slowly dwindle down every year as others get taken care of over the cops
    Fellow brother LEO speaking the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by UAnt F****Kidding
    I have been employed in a local agency for the lasy ten years. My sallry has went up 115%. How about yours. I'll bet is has not. I'm sure you have been told that you are going to lose cars, money, medical, etc, etc. Thats bull shizzat if you want to keep what you have know you better get the union in. Once it is ratified all youe curret status stays in place, cars,medical etc. No one wants any one loking at there books. My fellow brothers at the PD have said for years that LCSO has been getting it stuck to them. We may be giving back 5% but thats on a 9% raise with over 37% raise the last four years. Vote in some type of Union to have a voice that is your voice. If not you will keep getting what you get a nice shinny nothing and that will slowly dwindle down every year as others get taken care of over the cops
    Fellow brother LEO speaking the truth.
    Dude, if you write a report the way you post I'm surprised you've been employed "the lasy ten years". Your post is brutal and translation is needed, moron.

Posts1, 2, &3 are awesome!!! Your courage makes me proud to know each of you.

I wish there was something I could to help ya’ll. I was hoping there would be a few more step up so everyone couldn’t be sent to midnights in Lehigh… LOL But, heck, ya’ll have all been there before.

It looks like this is the right one; I don’t think PBA was. I’m proud of you guys. Sometimes you have to stand up for what’s right. It’s good to see you standing strong.

If this had happened a year ago it may have prevented a lot of wrongs that have happened in public and in silence. Now that there is some rank involved, I think it will be better guided. I know you guys won’t get intimidated.

I had a couple questions in the other thread here:
    1) Can the retirees vote?
    2) Does it matter what rank you retired?
    3) Is there any chance for “Live” on line meetings?

To the rest of the Troops, I spent a lot of years with these guys and they are as true as they come. I was happy when they had my back and would have (and did) follow them into anything. I would still try…

If you never got the opportunity to work with them, I have, I can honestly tell you that you would be just as close and dedicate to them as your best partner if you had the chance. I almost did “The Happy Dance” when I saw this thread forming… LOL

Please guys don’t cloud this Thread by worrying about someone else’s spelling or grammar. Keep this Thread real and productive. Someone may have been TUI or in a hurry, just try to get the meaning, it was good.

Thanks for the support from the local P.D. and for the comments of "HUH" Seems like English to me with a few typos. Sorry where not all up to your standards. Make a comment on the subject don’t pick a fight with someone over spelling. This has been the problems with this agency for many years. No loyalty and everyone looking out for them selves believing to get ahead you have to hold another one down or step on him to get yours. I have always tried to be the bigger man and grin and push thru it not anymore just stand up and draw a line in the sand, band together LCSO Sgt's and lets get our future more secure. For you Jamie good luck and keep it going. It wasn’t long ago when a mere PIO/Traffic Cop who failed a Sgt's test made it his dream to change an agency and did just that with the support of the troops. Unfortunately those hopes and promises have fallen by the waist side with a Sheriff that has a bigger agenda. The support showed by the troops has been tested way too many times and it is sad but something has to be done. Good luck to all. You can count on a yes from this LCSO 12 year Veteran and a SGT.

To Disapointed,

Mod 610 has been helping us with the Threads and the “junk” that gets posted that’s unproductive and off topic. Hopefully he will “chop” that one and help keep this on topic without the unnecessary Slam on the poster above him.

BTW, Mod 610… if you delete that one … delete this one too.
    It would be off topic.

TY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast