SOG Team - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: SOG Team

Re: SOG Team

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Well I'm glad to see that you have enough sense to address an immediate threat to public safety rather than make a squirel case. I will gladly compare my old BUI an DUI stats (I used to teach it at the academy). I'm not disagreeing that public safety is important, I'm just saying that there are many agencies charged with maintaining public safety but very few protecting the resources. If FWC officers are not going to put in the time and effort make REAL resource cases, who is?
    Over the last few years many a city and county agency has taken the boating safety responsibilities away from FWC. Why? Because that's where the money is. FWC has for years recieved money for boating safety and salt water fisheries protection. This includes federal fisheries.

Facts are facts, there's not a whole lot of money in protecting species like deer and turkey. Hunting has been on such decline that FWC has implimented programs to create a user group. Instead of this they could have directed those efforts in a user group that grows every year. Saltwater fisheries and boating.

By the way, mom and pop 1/4" under cases are the rule versus REAL resource cases like gill netting and federal fisheries enforcement. Please don't get me started on walkin' turkey bait. Thats about the biggest waste of time even if you do make a case. Dale, Pam and the rest of those clowns have brainwashed too many a good officer.
    "Pam" has to learn to make a case on her own "instead of ones being handed to her over and over again on a silver platter" before she can teach any one anything!

"Although our image and name has been used in an attempt to hide this fact we still are the primary agency for boating safety and waterbourne security".

I guess the former GFC or inland officer that responded to my post didn't read this part. I've made cases from fish and deer to drugs and immigrants as an officer and investigator also. My point is that if an officer reads our motto or creed or mission statement he would realize that just because we merged the duties of the FMP never went away.

I actually feel that under the direction of JJ our agency has made a concerted attempt to go back to being the GFC.
    Hey Jr. why don't you read the Consitution and see what FWC's real agency responsibily is. Now get back on resource patrol or get a job somewhere (please) more in line with what you think you what to do.
    As to JJ and her direction, we are still wearing them old Gamewarden- I mean Cowboy hats are we not ?? How is that Jim B. direction hope and change workin' for ya ? Now ask an old timer in your area , if you haven't pi$$ed them all off, to show how to do you your real job, and get on it. When did we start hiring punks anyway ?

Quote Originally Posted by GFCVet
    "Although our image and name has been used in an attempt to hide this fact we still are the primary agency for boating safety and waterbourne security".

I guess the former GFC or inland officer that responded to my post didn't read this part. I've made cases from fish and deer to drugs and immigrants as an officer and investigator also. My point is that if an officer reads our motto or creed or mission statement he would realize that just because we merged the duties of the FMP never went away.

I actually feel that under the direction of JJ our agency has made a concerted attempt to go back to being the GFC.
    Hey Jr. why don't you read the Consitution and see what FWC's real agency responsibily is. Now get back on resource patrol or get a job somewhere (please) more in line with what you think you what to do.
    As to JJ and her direction, we are still wearing them old Gamewarden- I mean Cowboy hats are we not ?? How is that Jim B. direction hope and change workin' for ya ? Now ask an old timer in your area , if you haven't pi$$ed them all off, to show how to do you your real job, and get on it. When did we start hiring punks anyway ?
    I'm kind of old too but am smart enough to realize times change!

Hey GFCvet, why don't YOU look at the constitution. I'm pushing 50 so i'm pretty sure I ain't Jr. to anyone. I may be younger at heart but not too old to understand that the state is not only changing, it's already changed. I remember a long time back in the academy we had that old crap thrown at us that we were a constitutional agency and we had to no one could get rid of us. Well dadgum old timer, they're doing it! Many of our best officers have left and the ones that fight for better wages are blacklisted for being rabblerousers and trouble makers.

Listen, go back outside your trailer, pour a big ol glass of some of that sweet tea and leave the future to those that want one. If you can read, just go ahead with the preamble to that old constitution. I can get you the picture version if you need.

Quote Originally Posted by SOG Member(2)
    P Slayer,

Sorry "brother" but your last two posts have just completely washed away any credibility you may have had on here. It just proves your another whiney ***** who loves to throw cheap shots at anybody you can. :roll:

If my "cheap shots" are true, then they aren't cheap.

[quote=So Fla Trooper][quote="P Slayer":3ry2wxcf][quote="So Fla Trooper":3ry2wxcf]
    Quote Originally Posted by "P Slayer":3ry2wxcf
    Trooper, no one asked you. Don't get me started on Troopers. You would be doing yourself a favor to move out.
    Son, if you re-read the post SOG Member made and then my comment attached to it, it reads that I'M AGREEING with him, and it was a good post he made. I don't give a d*amn if I was asked or not. YOU seem to have yourself started on troopers and are just looking for an excuse to go off. I'll do myself a favor and be where I think I should be; you just continue to practice your breathing techniques and relax...[/quote:3ry2wxcf]

Trooper,
    We don't care what you think or if you are agreeing. This is an internal matter. Although I have been tough on my SOG brothers, they are still my brothers and I would take anyone of them over a Trooper any day. You are welcome view our banter, but keep your thoughts to yourself.
    P Slayer[/quote:3ry2wxcf]
    Easy there, Pee Pee Slayer. Part of the oath I took as a trooper was to defend the Constitution (both state and federal), and that includes freedom of speech. Wasn't it YOU in some other thread you posted on your own board pouting about violating others' rights and warning your fellow officers not to? As far as "We don't care what you think or if you are agreeing", do you have a mouse in your pocket when you say "We"? Or do you mean "Oui"; a French word for "Yes", because you seem to be the only one objecting (I'm just sayin'). I have to agree with SOG Member (Ah, there I go again, agreeing with one of your own. Must drive a spike right between your eyes, troopers and conservations officers living in harmony and agreeing with one another). Just relax, plenty of work for you to do out there without letting one lil' ol' trooper get under your skinny-skin-skin.[/quote:3ry2wxcf]

Trooper,

Ok, you got me on that one. I see you do your research. Since I am alone on this one, I guess you can do what you want. I do find it a little odd that you even care or have time to participate in another agency's BS.

P Slayer

I know there are other agencies SWAT teams that take grief from their road officers for no reason other than jealousy, but then again I haven't heard them refer to themselves as "operators" either...

[quote=P Slayer][quote="So Fla Trooper":1lhnvrn1][quote="P Slayer":1lhnvrn1][quote="So Fla Trooper":1lhnvrn1]
    Quote Originally Posted by "P Slayer":1lhnvrn1
    Trooper, no one asked you. Don't get me started on Troopers. You would be doing yourself a favor to move out.
    Son, if you re-read the post SOG Member made and then my comment attached to it, it reads that I'M AGREEING with him, and it was a good post he made. I don't give a d*amn if I was asked or not. YOU seem to have yourself started on troopers and are just looking for an excuse to go off. I'll do myself a favor and be where I think I should be; you just continue to practice your breathing techniques and relax...[/quote:1lhnvrn1]

Trooper,
    We don't care what you think or if you are agreeing. This is an internal matter. Although I have been tough on my SOG brothers, they are still my brothers and I would take anyone of them over a Trooper any day. You are welcome view our banter, but keep your thoughts to yourself.
    P Slayer[/quote:1lhnvrn1]
    Easy there, Pee Pee Slayer. Part of the oath I took as a trooper was to defend the Constitution (both state and federal), and that includes freedom of speech. Wasn't it YOU in some other thread you posted on your own board pouting about violating others' rights and warning your fellow officers not to? As far as "We don't care what you think or if you are agreeing", do you have a mouse in your pocket when you say "We"? Or do you mean "Oui"; a French word for "Yes", because you seem to be the only one objecting (I'm just sayin'). I have to agree with SOG Member (Ah, there I go again, agreeing with one of your own. Must drive a spike right between your eyes, troopers and conservations officers living in harmony and agreeing with one another). Just relax, plenty of work for you to do out there without letting one lil' ol' trooper get under your skinny-skin-skin.[/quote:1lhnvrn1]

Trooper,

Ok, you got me on that one. I see you do your research. Since I am alone on this one, I guess you can do what you want. I do find it a little odd that you even care or have time to participate in another agency's BS.

P Slayer[/quote:1lhnvrn1]
    Troopers don't call themselves operators but they do think that they are the Marine Corps. Troopers are not Marines ,and they would not have such a negative reputation if they would drop the whole "we are the state's Marine Corps". Actually they are real good at training offcers for other agencies (jut like FWC).

[quote=newhire][quote=P Slayer][quote="So Fla Trooper":awlc4spk][quote="P Slayer":awlc4spk]
    Quote Originally Posted by "So Fla Trooper":awlc4spk
    Quote Originally Posted by "P Slayer":awlc4spk
    Son, if you re-read the post SOG Member made and then my comment attached to it, it reads that I'M AGREEING with him, and it was a good post he made. I don't give a d*amn if I was asked or not. YOU seem to have yourself started on troopers and are just looking for an excuse to go off. I'll do myself a favor and be where I think I should be; you just continue to practice your breathing techniques and relax...
    Trooper,
    P Slayer[/quote:awlc4spk]
    Easy there, Pee Pee Slayer. Part of the oath I took as a trooper was to defend the Constitution (both state and federal), and that includes freedom of speech. Wasn't it YOU in some other thread you posted on your own board pouting about violating others' rights and warning your fellow officers not to? As far as "We don't care what you think or if you are agreeing", do you have a mouse in your pocket when you say "We"? Or do you mean "Oui"; a French word for "Yes", because you seem to be the only one objecting (I'm just sayin'). I have to agree with SOG Member (Ah, there I go again, agreeing with one of your own. Must drive a spike right between your eyes, troopers and conservations officers living in harmony and agreeing with one another). Just relax, plenty of work for you to do out there without letting one lil' ol' trooper get under your skinny-skin-skin.[/quote:awlc4spk]

Trooper,

P Slayer[/quote:awlc4spk]
    Troopers don't call themselves operators but they do think that they are the Marine Corps. Troopers are not Marines ,and they would not have such a negative reputation if they would drop the whole "we are the state's Marine Corps". Actually they are real good at training offcers for other agencies (jut like FWC).[/quote:awlc4spk]
    We have more former Marines that work for us then any other state law enforcement agency; the FHP has a rich tradition and association with the U. S. Marine Corps (Ever seen our agency's flag? HAD to be a former Marine that designed it!) Now all of this fascination with comparing the FHP and the U. S. Marines wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that YOU are a former Marine, would it? :wink:

You are right. I am a former Marine, however, my point was simply to say that FHP isn't the Marine Corps. The USMC is designed to destroy enemy forces and overthrow countries not write traffic citations. There are too many guys living in the past. They just need to accept their new life as a state LEO or whatever they are or go reenlist.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567