SOG Team - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SOG Team

Re: SOG Team

Well I don't know that particular LT but I if she can't pass the PT test then why would she be allowed to be a member? This kind of stuff perpetuates the persona of a "good ol' boy system". It also destroys the credibility of the organization when people hear that there are different standards applied to people like the LT mentioned in the prior post. I served in the USMC for a number of years, and I can tell you that if someone didn't meet the physical standards then they were barred from re-enlistment or we screwed with them until they were transferred out, quit, or manned up and met the standard. I know several guys in this agency who are prior military and they think SOG is a good idea but it lacks the right leadership, equipment, and most important of all "sanctioned training".I had heard from one of my buddies down here that a few years ago there was a guy in South Florida that was a navy seal, and he tried to get the SOG team(s) started in the right direction but they (the leadership) just blew him off. At this point I think P Slayer is dead on in his assessment of the SOG team(s). It sounds like the selection process is primarily subjective i.e. good ol' boy system!......and no I have not nor do I wish to try out until things change!

Newhire's post is right on the money. When the SOG (poor choice of name) program started they chose, for the most part, members with prior military of SWaT training. The problems came with the direct supervisors. People like Lt. PS who can't pass the Physical requirements and like Capt. DA who lied about his military and college history. They would not listen to a 20+year Navy SEAL like Ofc. DA and forced him out. The first SOG members recieved pretty good training and then the FWC MO came into play. Start something good and let it whither. Because of that good experienced officers walked away from it. Now, officers right out of the academy and with little to no advanced training get kitted out and call themselves operatives.

My history lesson is correct. I was there.

I saw the SOG Team recruiting video last night. What a joke. It is funny how four of the main Officers in the video left the agency and went Federal. Some of the tactics like crossing a danger area (road) with wanna be Army Ranger hand singals were done incorrectly. A boy scout troop could have taken out the whole team in less than a minute. What was that formation moving through the swamp? One redneck with a bolt action rifle could have taken out the whole team. Once again, I respect the SOG teams for trying to do more than other officers. However, stop acting like you are something you are not, and we will stop calling you out on your tactics. Just admit you are not really "Special People" doing "Special Jobs." There is nothing special about passing out water during a hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by P Slayer
    I saw the SOG Team recruiting video last night. What a joke. It is funny how four of the main Officers in the video left the agency and went Federal. Some of the tactics like crossing a danger area (road) with wanna be Army Ranger hand singals were done incorrectly. A boy scout troop could have taken out the whole team in less than a minute. What was that formation moving through the swamp? One redneck with a bolt action rifle could have taken out the whole team. Once again, I respect the SOG teams for trying to do more than other officers. However, stop acting like you are something you are not, and we will stop calling you out on your tactics. Just admit you are not really "Special People" doing "Special Jobs." There is nothing special about passing out water during a hurricane.
    Funny you should mention the part about four of the main guys in the video went federal.....They showed us a SOG video when I was going to the PTLEA (under the new system-not FWC Academy). The FWC training cadre was showing us all the different things that go on in the agency. I have to admit that I bought into the hype when I was there because I was impressionable at the point in time. Luckily since I had been in the USMC for a couple of years I knew how to "manage my expectations" and go with the common sense approach......When I watched the recruiting video (it's on youtube-thanks to P Slayer for jogging those memories).... I suddenly had memories of watching the movie "First Blood-Rambo".....why do you ask? Well if let's take for example that SOG was going up against let's say a basically trained Marine.....that whole every Marine is a Rifleman still holds true. All it would take is one highly motivated individual with military training to inflict serious damage on the SOG team in swat type scenario......if you remember from the movie, Rambo single handedly destroyed the sheriffs dept. and the local National guard unit.....the reason is because they were not disciplined enough to maintain a tactically smart option to deal with that guy.....I know it's only a movie but in reality this very scenario could happen to the SOG team somewhere in the swamps or the woods.....The main difference is the level of discipline that is beaten into soldiers, Marines, etc......I am only guessing at this point but I don't think SOG is trained to even the basic levels of discipline physically and tactically that our military is.......I would just hate to see SOG get wasted by some Infantry/Marine type with only the basic levels of training in weapons and tactics.....I am just concerned!!

I am only guessing on this point as well.......but SOG guys don't seem interested in engaging in this thought provoking dialogue.

Good Point New Hire. At least SOG Member was man enough to say something even though he uses same old step up and make a difference line.

Quote Originally Posted by newhire
    Quote Originally Posted by P Slayer
    Funny you should mention the part about four of the main guys in the video went federal.....They showed us a SOG video when I was going to the PTLEA (under the new system-not FWC Academy). The FWC training cadre was showing us all the different things that go on in the agency. I have to admit that I bought into the hype when I was there because I was impressionable at the point in time. Luckily since I had been in the USMC for a couple of years I knew how to "manage my expectations" and go with the common sense approach......When I watched the recruiting video (it's on youtube-thanks to P Slayer for jogging those memories).... I suddenly had memories of watching the movie "First Blood-Rambo".....why do you ask? Well if let's take for example that SOG was going up against let's say a basically trained Marine.....that whole every Marine is a Rifleman still holds true. All it would take is one highly motivated individual with military training to inflict serious damage on the SOG team in swat type scenario......if you remember from the movie, Rambo single handedly destroyed the sheriffs dept. and the local National guard unit.....the reason is because they were not disciplined enough to maintain a tactically smart option to deal with that guy.....I know it's only a movie but in reality this very scenario could happen to the SOG team somewhere in the swamps or the woods.....The main difference is the level of discipline that is beaten into soldiers, Marines, etc......I am only guessing at this point but I don't think SOG is trained to even the basic levels of discipline physically and tactically that our military is.......I would just hate to see SOG get wasted by some Infantry/Marine type with only the basic levels of training in weapons and tactics.....I am just concerned!!
    Why do you use ........ at the end of every sentence? You could just put one period and that would be just as good. Periods are generally placed at the end of sentences that are not interrogative. I'm just concerned!........................................ ........................

Haha

SOG Operator, you have proven to this entire forum that your argument lacks substance. You are like most people who cannot and will not argue about the actual topic. Instead you choose to bring to light mundane things like using a period incorrectly or whatever point you can dream up to take attention away from the actual topic. I am humble enough to accept the fact that I improperly used the period in my posting. I knowingly did it but who really cares(except it obviously bothers you).I apologize to everyone on the forum for violating a protocol that I was unaware of. I will strive to use proper grammer, punctuation, spelling, and respect the written English language in my future postings. I wouldn't want to confuse someone who is obviously as highy educated as you.You have proven to all of us that you lack the ability to address the key points of the topic being discussed. You have, however, given substance to my argument that SOG team members like yourself choose to continue to refer to themselves as "operators". It's pretty obvious to me that you suck at debating an argument. When you can only attack stupid things like not using periods correctly and other miniscule things like that, you only weaken your reputation and that of the SOG team. Why not actually address the points that are being argued? What's wrong? Is big bad SOG Operator afraid?

Quote Originally Posted by newhire
    SOG Operator, you have proven to this entire forum that your argument lacks substance. You are like most people who cannot and will not argue about the actual topic. Instead you choose to bring to light mundane things like using a period incorrectly or whatever point you can dream up to take attention away from the actual topic. I am humble enough to accept the fact that I improperly used the period in my posting. I knowingly did it but who really cares(except it obviously bothers you).I apologize to everyone on the forum for violating a protocol that I was unaware of. I will strive to use proper grammer, punctuation, spelling, and respect the written English language in my future postings. I wouldn't want to confuse someone who is obviously as highy educated as you.You have proven to all of us that you lack the ability to address the key points of the topic being discussed. You have, however, given substance to my argument that SOG team members like yourself choose to continue to refer to themselves as "operators". It's pretty obvious to me that you suck at debating an argument. When you can only attack stupid things like not using periods correctly and other miniscule things like that, you only weaken your reputation and that of the SOG team. Why not actually address the points that are being argued? What's wrong? Is big bad SOG Operator afraid?
    Afraid? Ha! That's a riot, a laugh riot! I am a SOG Operator I fear nothing! You said you were trying to do better with your spelling and punctuation yet you still have numerous errors. Just a little tip for your future reports, (whisper) your not supposed to end sentences with prepositions. I'm just concerned!.....................It's called reading, top to bottom, left to right, group words together to create a sentence! You may want to do some reading to further educate yourself. I have a feeling you could use some exercise as well. Going to go to the gym to get large. It is the facility at which I sculpt my body. See how that works............... I'm just concerned...............Fart............

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast