SOG Team - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SOG Team

Re: SOG Team

New Hire,

Don't leave the "sight" (it is spelled site). This is a good place to learn what to be and what not to be. Good leaders are forged by good leaders. Great leaders are forged by bad leaders. The point is you learn more from mistakes than you do from success and you learn more from bad leadership than you do from good. If you never experience bad leadership, you will not know how recognize it in yourself when someone brings it to your attention.

P Slayer

As a newer officer I have tried to take a step back and look at things from a "common sense" perspective. SOG team is good in concept but is lacking in delivery. I am not sure how much the FWC pumps into their budget but I am sure it's quite a bit more than what is allocated to regular officers. I was thinking the other day about liability in terms of the SOG team....(this is going back to having a sanctioned training regimen that is accredited and seen as "credible" by the State of Florida....i.e. SWAT school). I am not so sure that I would want to be on the recieving end of a trial (criminal or civil) where a slick defense attorney wants to know what level of sanctioned and certified training I have recieved as a result of being on the SOG team.....let's say in a shooting incident....."Well sir, I did the Cooper PT test, and I had an interview........we train a lot"...."So officer, what you are telling me is that you don't have any formal sanctioned training that certifies you to apply force in the method that you applied it (speaking in terms of a SWAT scenario)....other than your basic recruit curriculum and FWC specfic (to include FTO) training that is indicated in your official record?"...."Well I did the Cooper, and had an interview"..."that's not what I asked you officer!"..see where I am going with this.....I just think that until the SOG administrators implement a sanctioned training program that is reflected in the officer's official record (certifying the individual to conduct those types of operations) then there is actually a lot of liability at stake being a member of the SOG team. I am not sure if union lawyers can fully get someone out of/defend in that sort of situation. We should look at organizations like the Miami Dade SWAT team. They do this stuff 24/7 and are fully certified and sanctioned. They seem to do pretty well at it.

Quote Originally Posted by P Slayer
    New Hire,

Don't leave the "sight" (it is spelled site). This is a good place to learn what to be and what not to be. Good leaders are forged by good leaders. Great leaders are forged by bad leaders. The point is you learn more from mistakes than you do from success and you learn more from bad leadership than you do from good. If you never experience bad leadership, you will not know how recognize it in yourself when someone brings it to your attention.

P Slayer
    P Slayer....I am not sure who you are but thank you for guidance ,advice, and mentoriship......I have experienced all kinds of bad leadership throughout my life..I am merely taking notes and awaiting my opportunity to purge...I will not leave this "site".....and I welcome anyone to challenge anything I have said on here...even though this seems like a waste of time......

P Slayer.....I can tell by your posts that you have an unquestioned "duty concept"......your post leads me to believe that you have recieved some sort of advanced training either in life or some other endeavor prior to joining FWC....message me and we can exchange info....later

New Hire,

Nice try. While I agree with your postings and appreciate your interested in my mentorship, I won't be giving you my info in case you are a spy from Tallahassee. That is all I need; some zit faced kid trying to make a name for himself sitting behind a computer thinking he is Jack Bauer and watches too much NCIS.

Hopefully you are legit, but I can't take that chance. I am sure you will run accross me at some point if you stay in the agency. It isn't hard to figure out who is "home team" and who is in it for the power trip.

P Slayer

You two get a room.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    You two get a room.
    All the rooms are taken by the SOG Team.

You two get a room.
    As well as the O.T., B.S. etc, etc.

PS SOG members (and "Leaders") have been known to fail the Cooper and still stay on.

New Hire,

Nice try. While I agree with your postings and appreciate your interested in my mentorship, I won't be giving you my info in case you are a spy from Tallahassee. That is all I need; some zit faced kid trying to make a name for himself sitting behind a computer thinking he is Jack Bauer and watches too much NCIS.

Hopefully you are legit, but I can't take that chance. I am sure you will run accross me at some point if you stay in the agency. It isn't hard to figure out who is "home team" and who is in it for the power trip.

P Slayer
    P Slayer: I can promise you that I am not a "spy" from Tallahassee. I think your posts are thought provoking and credible. While I am just merely a newer officer I would like to glean off of other officer's (like yourself) experiences. I have heard that Tallahassee has some guys allegedly monitoring this site. I think it's a good thing for them to read the postings on this site. Not only will they get a good laugh but they will also see what is really going on in terms of issues. I have read most of your posts, and almost all of them are legit. Keep posting, and know that I am definitely not a spy!!! I am just a new guy working down here in South Florida (hoping to transfer soon).

I would venure to say that the SOG Team member who posted earlier is one of the spies you referenced (nice try SOG Team member-your response was nothing more than a feeble attempt at trying to legitamize your own elevated sense of self worth.....I am not knocking you for trying to get a bunch of OT but you failed to even reference the original reason for the whole posting......SOG Team guys calling themselves "operators" ...which SOG definitely is not.....your post sounded like some sort of stupid recruiting commercial.....when you told us to step up, join, and make a difference? I am pretty sure that by having been hired by FWC I have obviously stepped up, joined (FWC).....no issues there, and making a difference.......Ok I guess I am in terms of what we do......I would say that running around in the woods with costa sunglasses on, heavily starched fatigues, and boonie hats on is not making a difference......you are just depleting the regional overtime budget and sweating for no reason.

You two get a room.
    As well as the O.T., B.S. etc, etc.

PS SOG members (and "Leaders") have been known to fail the Cooper and still stay on.
    If they shorten the run any shorter for Lt. Steelman, then it will be the 1/2 mile run instead of what it is suppose to be. Why is it when we do the testing she NEVER does it with us? She always takes it else where, can someone say CHEATER!!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast