Anonymous NDN Blogger
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Anonymous NDN Blogger

It is understandable, though not excusable, when mindless verbal abuse is directed at law enforcement. Often these attacks demonstrate the pathetic calibre of our detractors. As law enforcement officers we try our best to ignore anyone who takes refuge in the anonymity of public attacks against us. It is an indicator of the extent of our professionalism.

But imagine the anger when it is proven these attacks do not come from a frustrated citizen, angry ex convict or mentally ill conspiracy theorist. Imagine these attacks come from someone you have to depend on in a crisis; someone who wears the same uniform as you.

We have all observed indicators that mothernature, diamondgrl, and angelangel is the same person posting under different user names. I agree based on language, topic of discussion and affiliations. We can all probably agree that this person works beside us based on the demonstrated knowledge of internal policies, decisions and incidents.

On June 10th there was an article in the Naples Daily News regarding the promotion of a female agency member. All of the comments complimented that member and offered encouragement. One anonymous poster, diamondgrl, publicly attacked that member and her husband who was noted to work at the range.

A review of all of diamondgrl’s postings on the Naples Daily News website indicated an overall hatred for the men and women of our agency. Two of the postings, oddly enough, were encouragement for the Golden Gate American Juniors little league team. A review of the article also showed that only one other person anonymously posted their encouragement for the Golden Gate American Juniors; the notorious NDN blogger mothernature.

So the question begs to be asked. Why would these two user names comment on a little league team in Eastern Golden Gate? Likely because this person has a child on the team and is offering support like any other parent would.

The final link is for the District 27 little league roster. Scroll through the article for the roster of kids on the Golden Gate American Juniors team. Then ask yourself if you recognize any of the names. You might be shocked. Then again, maybe you won’t be.

We all have a Constitutional right to free speech but that doesn’t mean I have to like what you are saying and the forum you choose to say it in. You may have vast anger toward a few people that you believe have wronged you. However, your displaced anger and the manner in which you have published it has damaged all of us.

I have no confidence or trust in you as a Deputy Sheriff.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/...ts-first-fema/

http://www.naplesnews.com/users/diamondgrl/

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/...uniors-topple/

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/...ll-star-roste/

Re: Anonymous NDN Blogger

The Anonymouse NDN Blogger/wife answer can be gleaned from following news story verbage.

"Investigators ran an activity report from June 1, 2007, to Oct. 10, 2007, and found that Lauer made no felony or misdemeanor arrests, written any reports, or issued any traffic citations, traffic written warnings, traffic verbal warnings or notice to appears."
    http://www.freesteader.com/forums/in...showtopic=3735

Collier deputies reprimanded for mocking superiors, bragging about slacking

A sergeant with the Collier County Sheriff’s Office was demoted in February and two subordinates were reprimanded after an investigation revealed they used an internal messaging system to complain about how much they hated their jobs and brag about their poor attitudes.

The three North Naples road patrol deputies also used the messaging system to mock two supervisors, whom they nicknamed “Porky” and “Bonehead.”

An audit of the agency’s Mobile Date Terminals, which allow deputies to message one another from the laptops in their vehicles, revealed that Sgt. Anthony Lauer, 42, Cpl. Karl Meier, 51, and Deputy Nicholas Shaffer, 25, sent the inappropriate messages from June 2007, through October 2007, according to an internal investigation.

Lauer expressed disdain for his role in several messages, including one that read “oh, hello. I hate my job :-)” and another that read “have I told you recently that I hate my job?.”

During a volley of messages in August, Shaffer and Lauer joked about their poor attitudes.

“I am indeed a poor excuse for a deputy with a poor attitude,” Shaffer wrote.

“on the contrary, you are a fine excuse for a dep with a poor attitude,” Lauer replied.

Days later Shaffer and Lauer discussed how little they cared.

“ONE PERSON CARES LESS THAN YOU....AND YOU ARE TALKIN TO HIM,” Shaffer wrote. To which Lauer replied “hehehe... no one - no one - cares les than me :-)”

In at least two messages Lauer joked about his lack of activity while on duty.

“at risk of ruining a good thing, have you notice my time for today?” Lauer wrote to Shaffer.

“12 hours of inactivity is outstanding” Shaffer replied.

In fact, reports indicate that Lauer truly was inactive at the time.

Investigators ran an activity report from June 1, 2007, to Oct. 10, 2007, and found that Lauer made no felony or misdemeanor arrests, written any reports, or issued any traffic citations, traffic written warnings, traffic verbal warnings or notice to appears.

“I can only say that it was my lack of enthusiasm for the job,” Lauer said in an internal interview.

In the messages all three deputies referred to Lt. Andy Prisco as “Porky” and Sgt. Neal Bohannon as “Bonehead.”

During internal interviews the deputies said they were not trying to undermine Prisco’s and Bohannon’s authority.

“What I did was childish, sophomoric, amateur, and failed miserably to adhere to the standards of this agency or to professional management and leadership as a whole,” Lauer wrote in a letter.

Lauer, who started with the Sheriff’s Office in 1990 and currently earns $71,078.54 a year, told investigators that he was unhappy to be returned to road patrol in 2006 from a role as an administrative assistant at headquarters. He said he was “burned out” and that his melancholy was affecting not only his job, but his home life.

Investigators determined that Lauer’s negative attitude and work ethic were adopted by his subordinates.

“Being that low will never happen to me again,” Lauer said in an internal interview. “After I connected the dots, so to speak, it, it actually felt good to realize it and to see it. I felt bad that I had presented myself like that to my shift.”

Lauer was demoted from sergeant to corporal, and is now working in East Naples, the Sheriff’s Office reported. All three deputies were given a letter of reprimand, a final warning and placed on 12 months probation.

Meier, who started with the Sheriff’s Office in 1995 and earns $63,901.75 a year, was disciplined in 2003 for lying during an internal investigation about driving his patrol car while intoxicated. In December 2007, a 91-year-old man with Alzheimer’s disease fell, hit his head and died after an encounter with Meier.

Shaffer, who started with the agency in 2001 and earns $47,896.94 a year, last made headlines in July 2007, when he was honored with the Phoenix award after he and another deputy helped save the life of a elderly man who had gone into cardiac arrest. :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    It is understandable, though not excusable, when mindless verbal abuse is directed at law enforcement. Often these attacks demonstrate the pathetic calibre of our detractors. As law enforcement officers we try our best to ignore anyone who takes refuge in the anonymity of public attacks against us. It is an indicator of the extent of our professionalism.

But imagine the anger when it is proven these attacks do not come from a frustrated citizen, angry ex convict or mentally ill conspiracy theorist. Imagine these attacks come from someone you have to depend on in a crisis; someone who wears the same uniform as you.

We have all observed indicators that mothernature, diamondgrl, and angelangel is the same person posting under different user names. I agree based on language, topic of discussion and affiliations. We can all probably agree that this person works beside us based on the demonstrated knowledge of internal policies, decisions and incidents.

On June 10th there was an article in the Naples Daily News regarding the promotion of a female agency member. All of the comments complimented that member and offered encouragement. One anonymous poster, diamondgrl, publicly attacked that member and her husband who was noted to work at the range.

A review of all of diamondgrl’s postings on the Naples Daily News website indicated an overall hatred for the men and women of our agency. Two of the postings, oddly enough, were encouragement for the Golden Gate American Juniors little league team. A review of the article also showed that only one other person anonymously posted their encouragement for the Golden Gate American Juniors; the notorious NDN blogger mothernature.

So the question begs to be asked. Why would these two user names comment on a little league team in Eastern Golden Gate? Likely because this person has a child on the team and is offering support like any other parent would.

The final link is for the District 27 little league roster. Scroll through the article for the roster of kids on the Golden Gate American Juniors team. Then ask yourself if you recognize any of the names. You might be shocked. Then again, maybe you won’t be.

We all have a Constitutional right to free speech but that doesn’t mean I have to like what you are saying and the forum you choose to say it in. You may have vast anger toward a few people that you believe have wronged you. However, your displaced anger and the manner in which you have published it has damaged all of us.

I have no confidence or trust in you as a Deputy Sheriff.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/...ts-first-fema/

http://www.naplesnews.com/users/diamondgrl/

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/...uniors-topple/

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/...ll-star-roste/
    Nice detective work, guest. For all the stupid sh*t he has done over the years, he shouldn't be working here anymore. Common knowledge of hiding behind shopping centers and not going to calls or being the last one to the call so he doesn't have to take the paper. What a chump.

The fact that you brought a child into this & posted that child's name & a link to his picture is pretty bad. Mod is there anyway to get this taken off of here? Seems to me you may of put this child in jeopardy.

I hate seeing the negative post on the NDN blogs but I don't think it's right for this post to be allowed to remain here based on someone's assumption that this person is the NDN blogger. I originally read this post and decided to wait and see if it would be allowed to remain, which would show if mod is impartial or not. Sadly, it has remained. There are several deputies kids mentioned in that article and someone not reading the first thoroughly could mistake one of them as the person being accused. The person that posted this is no better than mothernature or any of the other anon bloggers. Guest, you complain about someone expressing anonymous opinions, which is exactly what you did.

As mod usuaaly says, if you know something, say it and back it up with facts.
    You have put a lot of good deputies under unwarranted suspicion.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Guest17
    The fact that you brought a child into this & posted that child's name & a link to his picture is pretty bad. Mod is there anyway to get this taken off of here? Seems to me you may of put this child in jeopardy.
    The photos were published in the newspaper which is now public record. The OP never singled-out a particular child, out of the numerous photos which was posted in the paper, and named that child as a deputy's child. I do not see how a child is in "Jeopardy" from this post. If Ihave over-looked something please be more specific.

Regarding: 1ufu8,

I hate seeing the negative post on the NDN blogs but I don't think it's right for this post to be allowed to remain here based on someone's assumption that this person is the NDN blogger. I originally read this post and decided to wait and see if it would be allowed to remain, which would show if mod is impartial or not. Sadly, it has remained. There are several deputies kids mentioned in that article and someone not reading the first thoroughly could mistake one of them as the person being accused. The person that posted this is no better than mothernature or any of the other anon bloggers. Guest, you complain about someone expressing anonymous opinions, which is exactly what you did.

As mod usuaaly says, if you know something, say it and back it up with facts.
    You have put a lot of good deputies under unwarranted suspicion.
    The OP has made statements that he believes that the three bloggers are one in the same; something that we have all thought was true over the years. The OP never stated who he thought was the NDN blogger and the articles he has referenced has several deputies names in it so the OP never identifies a single person. The OP has not violated any of the Terms of Use as of this time but like all of the threads and posts made, I will continue to monitor.

Thanks,

Mod 167

The post clearly states to refer to the Golden Gate American Juniors team roster. That is the team that diamondgrl and mothernature expressed an interest in. If you look there you will find the namesake of motherature. The other names appear to be coincidental and unintended.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The post clearly states to refer to the Golden Gate American Juniors team roster. That is the team that diamondgrl and mothernature expressed an interest in. If you look there you will find the namesake of motherature. The other names appear to be coincidental and unintended.
    Anyone who is not aware of who Mothernaturs child is will not know the difference in the names of the incidental children and the actual namesake... unless you know and you are clearly advising who her child is. In any case, it has not been proven that Mothernature is in fact a deputy and if that child is her child. All that has been done so far is make reference that the child identified could possibly be a child of a NDN blogger, Mothernature, or a deputy, unknown which because several have been named... unless you know who Mothernature is and are clearly advising that this is her child.

Mod 167

I say live and let live. I have been disappointed and angry at the anonymous poster, but it's time for us to put it behind us. Forgive and forget. Maybe he will let go of his bitterness and be thankful that he still has his job.

Great investigative work! Maybe the dumb %#* will stop! Then again, probably not... Do your job! It's actually fun and rewarding...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast