http://www.page2live.com/2010/06/02/...sperger-quits/

Sex scandal-scarred PBSO lieutenant Paula Kronsperger quits
Posted by Jose Lambiet
Wednesday 2 June 2010 1:22 pm

A troubled Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
lieutenant once destined for greatness has quietly resigned, according to several PBSO insiders, and now she wants the state to award her a disability pension that would pay her more than $65,000-a-year for life.

Lt. Paula Kronsperger, 41, one of PBSO’s highest-ranking females, was investigated by the agency for sexual shenanigans that eventually caused her downfall.

She cited work-related stress in October to take a long leave of absence. Kronsperger returned briefly to her job as executive officer of the warrants and fugitives unit earlier this year but now is gone for good. Officially, she retired from the force.

I’m told by a source close to Kronsperger that she wants disability for injuries sustained in 2002 when a motorist she tried to stop in Belle Glade beat her. She was treated at a hospital, according to news archives, and sued the motorist. But the lawsuit was dismissed, and the injuries didn’t prevent her rise from patrolwoman to lieutenant in 10 years. She spent a total 13 years at PBSO. She was making $104,000-a-year.

The departure closes the chapter on an embarrassing episode for Sheriff Ric Bradshaw who, through a spokeswoman, confirmed Kronsperger’s retirement.

When reached at home in Lake Worth Wednesday, Kronsperger became emotional when asked about her departure and asked to be left alone.

Meteoric rise

Kronsperger’s saga started more than a year ago with the suspension of one of her former patrol underlings, Deputy Timothy Keith. Keith was accused by his wife of having sex with a neighbor while on-duty. But in the course of the Internal Affairs investigation that ended with Keith getting suspended for a month, Keith’s wife brought up that her husband routinely received inappropriate text-messages from Kronsperger.

Kronsperger also happens to be married — to another PBSO lieutenant.

In an interview later, Keith’s wife, barber Maguis Lopez, accused Internal Affairs of convincing her not to file a complaint against Kronsperger. PBSO supervisors are banned from having personal relationships with underlings.

Two months after the Keith story first appeared in Page2Live, Sheriff Bradshaw received an anonymous letter outlining what appeared to be a history of improper conduct by Kronsperger. The letter alleged that some high-ranking PBSO officials either had been involved with Kronsperger, or helped cover up her indiscretions as she moved up the ranks.

A three-minute IA interview

The agency’s response was an Internal Affairs probe in which Kronsperger was interviewed for a grand total of 3 minutes, according to a copy of the taped interview obtained by Page2Live. She was asked one question with an answer already known by all: Did you have sex with Deputy Keith? Kronsperger answered that she did, and was dismissed. In time, she was found to have broken PBSO rules and suspended for three days.

Then in October, about 20 of Kronsperger’s employees filed a hostile work environment complaint against the lieutenant with PBSO’s human ressources department.

At that point, Kronsperger went on sick leave and applied for workman’s comp, claiming job-related stress. It was denied, but she remained on unpaid leave of absence until the spring.

Word is the lieutenant’s husband dropped off her equipment at PBSO headquarters himself, making her retirement official.

40 Comments »

1.Comment by curious — June 2, 2010 @ 1:43 pm
Hey Jose, what’s your beef with PBSO ? Let it alone, sounds like you may have some issues with this agency. Personal issues are just that, we all have some personal issues in a closet we don’t want exposed…

2.Comment by Pat — June 2, 2010 @ 1:49 pm
PBSO = MAFIA

It is a deputy , Just cover it up as they alway do….

3.Comment by Thanks Jose — June 2, 2010 @ 1:50 pm
The only way the public gets any information about some of the lousy cops is IN THIS COLUMN.

Just like ALL groups, there are rotten apples. Just because you’re cops doesn’t mean the information should be hushed up.

Maybe if people had ANY PRIDE in their organization they wouldn’t permit this crap going on.

Keep your profession CLEAN. That’s for all groups.

People like this demean the whole.

And the State Attorney’s a birdbrain for going after the woman who left her cats in her apartment. But, he was probably out mountain climbing, trying to prove himself.

Damn tired of thes local yokels. Time for new blood, instead of handpicked Kirsher losers.

4.Comment by PBSO and FL BAR — June 2, 2010 @ 1:56 pm
Thanks JOSE….this person better not get a 65K a year pension for life!

But the corrupt Union will fight for it…for sure.

PBSO always delays and covers up for its own….

Just like the Florida Bar does for craaapy lawyers.

The FL BAR is worse. Complaints are kept CONFIDENTIAL from the public!

That’s INSANE!

Your lawyer could have 500 complaints pending but the FL BAR would not tell you about any of them!

BUT ATTYS are the FIRST to attack any REAL BUSINESS for the SLIGHTETS MISSTEP!

5.Comment by Nice work if you can get it.. — June 2, 2010 @ 1:58 pm
Were do I sign up…$104k per year and all the poon-tang you can handle? Remind me again why they were picketing Sunfest??? I’d love to see a photo of her…

6.Comment by NYPD — June 2, 2010 @ 2:04 pm
PBSO = tax stealing organization which is not doing what they are paid for.
I think it is time for a CHANGE in PBSO. These local deputies are scared to apprehend thugs,instead they pick on “right doing” citizens going 45mph on a 40mph zone.

7.Comment by Yvonne — June 2, 2010 @ 2:19 pm
Good job exposing the **** suckers-literally.

8.Comment by Susan — June 2, 2010 @ 2:28 pm
Good luck with the attempts at disability!!! You cannot get social security disability because you CHOSE a stressful career field; and by the way, the “stress” she was experiencing was due to her own inability to see right from wrong and not following the regulations of the job; it was NOT due to her career; unless she was a prostitute. Idiot!

9.Comment by John D — June 2, 2010 @ 2:39 pm
PBSO covered up for paula for years. she was in a relationship with a captain and then many higher ups including her own commander when she worked in internal affairs. that’s right, she working in internal affairs!!!! i had a pice of that action myself a few years ago. they covered up for her and then THREW HER AWAY once the heat got too hot for sheriff badass. she handed it out to any guy who could do something for her then she moved on to the next like a predator. women are expendable at pbso and with this sheriff. they spend money and live like kings when line level employees suffer. i hope paula takes sheriff badass for every penny. she wont be the only one. we need a NEW sheriff and a NEW way of doing things and not favors for special few, CEO like salaries for his buds and female employees treated like whores then thrown to the wolves. that’s exactly what happened with paula. should not happen to anyone.

10.Comment by Post her picture — June 2, 2010 @ 2:58 pm
Post her picture so we can see this loser.

11.Comment by Copper — June 2, 2010 @ 3:11 pm
Let me see if I get this correct, the public seems a bit angry regarding Law Enforcement and the money we make. I realize that some of you mental giants spent years in College and acquired loads of student loans to pay off. As a cop, I personally work my but off to make the quality of life better for you people, but to be honest, there is a new moon coming over the horizon, those days are ending. You people chose to attack the one line of defense you have against criminal by you frequent attacks. Your county administrators make well over $300 thousand dollars a year, but we do not hear about that. You are supporting all those welfare and stamp collecting pieces of shit that just keep having kids but we do not hear about that. Your getting screwed by the government, big surprise there people, it’s been happening for years. Now you college educated numb nuts are upset. Learn to live with it, sell that over priced house you bought when you thought your career was zooming. Cops will always make the money idiots, we are the only ones with the balls to do it, go out, and impress your kids instead of hiding in the closet. In closing just wanted to say how bad things are getting out there and, how much it is a pleasure to watch all of you fall apart.

12.Comment by Copper — June 2, 2010 @ 3:16 pm
And P.S. there NYPD you guys are the biggest slags in Law Enforcement, you have the odesity to talk about corruption and being fair? When you retired and moved down here to sunny Florida how much money did you stiff the State of New York for you double dipping piece of crap? Or wait is yours one of the mysterious illness retirements? Go figure!

13.Comment by Glenn — June 2, 2010 @ 3:17 pm
I agree with John. Sounds like she made some bad choices but it also sounds like they tried to cover this up. Why did it take an anonymous letter before they did an investigation? They knew all about it before because I read about this right on this website. I cant believe the corruption at pbso now. All these buy outs are ridiculous and cover ups make me glad I left there years ago. I cant believe some federal agency hasnt investigated PBSO…..yet. If I can see the corruption from 800 miles away why can’t they see it from their own back yard? Just sad.

14.Comment by fuctupfred — June 2, 2010 @ 3:19 pm
This county sucks. Everyone is in bed with everyone else. It’s amazing when they get something right. We need a picture of the current miscreant to see if the PBSO taste in poon is any good.

15.Comment by taxpayer — June 2, 2010 @ 3:28 pm
Copper, try to gather your thoughts. you are a government employee; you do not create anything of value; you live of the rest of us “idiots,” as you call us, who actually produce something (services or goods). you are hired security - nothing more, and what takes “balls,” sir, is making a living on your own; not living and retiring under union and government protections - all of which cost us the consumer and funding source of your employment. like most policemen, governement employees, etc., you overvalue your actual service.

16.Comment by page3 — June 2, 2010 @ 3:30 pm
Loser Jose, We need Pics.

17.Comment by Copper — June 2, 2010 @ 3:36 pm
Taypaeyr,
My thought are correct, why should we as cops not collect our benifits, just because you pay taxes? And yes my friend you are a tax paying idiot, I don’t over value my position, but comments like yours makes my decision easier if the need ever arises to save your sorry ass.

18.Comment by south fl cops who couldn't make it as cops up north — June 2, 2010 @ 3:42 pm
this agency has some reputation for corruption,shakedowns,harassment & intimidation.
she needs to be arrested like the rest of the filthy coppers in this county & agency.
scumbag pat galligan needed to be hauled off in cuff’s for his involvement per the post of the bilking of the taxpayers in Riv beach,he also got to retire & resign & drive off into the sunset with no ramifications for his alleged actions & the ***** wuss state attorney’s office for not pressing charges.

19.Comment by Lisa — June 2, 2010 @ 3:43 pm
These people are getting paid to protect us? WTF? It’s like a brothel at the sheriffs department. Where do I apply for $106 per year? I have a master’s degree in physics and I cant find a job anywhere right now! What a tragedy we have a sheriff this corrupt. I so hope to relocate before I need to ever call 911. Maybe Ill get a lap dance if I do.

20.Comment by JoeC — June 2, 2010 @ 3:52 pm
I think Lisa is on to something here. I say lets pay these female deputies 106 k per year if we can call 911 anytime that we need a lap dance. Lisa, you are an innovator

21.Comment by GT — June 2, 2010 @ 4:14 pm
I live in Martin co. and it took 20 minutes for the cops to arrive when called. Then there were 10 cars! To copper, my first line of defence is my 44 mag. not you. You will show up when it’s over to take a report. Get over yourself!

22.Comment by Lisa — June 2, 2010 @ 4:23 pm
Thanks Joe, but I think the officers who respond to 911 calls are doing the real work out there and not the people involved in these shenanigans. It’s more likely the airchair office commandoes. They all need to go.

23.Comment by JustMeee — June 2, 2010 @ 4:28 pm
Is she hot? Are the guys she was boinking hot? Any group scenes? Any tapes?

24.Comment by rusty — June 2, 2010 @ 4:45 pm
the comments by “copper” are exactly why most people have a poor opinion of our police force. The venom he is spewing reflects on every cop and I’m sure that they don’t all feel the way that copper does. It’s obvious that he has been there too long and has lost whatever objectivity that he may have had at one time. He claims that he has the balls to do it, whatever that means, but how about having the balls to do it right?
What a fine public servant huh? ( sarcasm )just so you know copper

25.Comment by Corthie V — June 2, 2010 @ 4:51 pm
To all of you Monday morning quarterbacks who have nothing better to do than complain: when was the last time any of you VOTED?? Unhappy with the current administration? Get your friends together, support a candidate, DO SOMETHING rather than just sit around and complain about it, blaming everyone else because you used this crappy forum to have your say, rather than actually doing something. But its always SO much easier to place blame, isn’t it? Election is just two short years away…

26.Comment by THORN — June 2, 2010 @ 5:13 pm
Did you know Sheriff Bradshaw paid Paula $250,000.00 in “Hush Money” when she quit, to keep her mouth shut about the other High Ranking Officers she slept with at PBSO? But then again…Paula seems to keep her mouth “wide” open…and her legs! That’s what got her in this position to begin with!! And other positions, which got her “Fast-Tracked” to Lieutenant…and I thought FOG stood for Friend Of Gauger…not F**kbuddy Of Gauger! Hey…will Verdigi take Paula’s Lt. bars now???

27.Comment by Insider — June 2, 2010 @ 6:16 pm
That is correct and I really dont care if they identify me. They paid her $200,000 to shut up and leave. It’s all true. I am really mad about this and was hoping someone would expose it. We need a federal investigation of this pay off, the cover ups, special favors and countless people Bradshaw has hired from West Palm PD at PBSO collecting yet another pension. Im tired of filing these papers seeing this every day and staying quiet. This needs to stop. It goes much deeper than this. It’s all true.

28.Comment by Smokey — June 2, 2010 @ 7:27 pm
Thanks Jose; we thought you had forgotten how to report real news.

29.Comment by insider — June 2, 2010 @ 7:49 pm
How about the CAPT from wellington who was about to go under IA for pronography found on his work computer??? oh yes, he is a man he can just resign and not get hammered like LT K double standards still in 2010..Great job RIC…

30.Comment by Experienced1 — June 2, 2010 @ 8:34 pm
This is just the tip of the iceberg, there is so much more going on at PBSO. Reno 911 looks like a professional police organization in comparison. Rumor has it, another ranking officer is under investigation currently after co-workers complained about loud moaning sounds coming from behind the closed door of the ranking officer’s office. hmmm….to be continued….

31.Comment by Serpico23456 — June 2, 2010 @ 10:59 pm
If 200,000-250,000 dollars of tax payer money was spent for a possible cover up the money and written agreement are open to public inspection. This issue maybe should be looked at by the new Palm Beach County Ethics Commission which was put in place by the Sheriff’s friend-supporter the Palm Beach County State Attorney. Foxes in the hen house run rampant at PBSO from the top down. To much politics in the county at every level. Just a thought.

32.Comment by Luisito — June 2, 2010 @ 11:03 pm
How come you not having photos of this policewoman bro? You can put photo of her in bikini like Sofia Vergara.

33.Comment by Jose Lambiet — June 2, 2010 @ 11:43 pm
Two things:
– Yes, I do delete comments that I find offensive. And believe me, my threshold is fairly wide. But there’s no need to be rude and or post claims about the sheriff, Paula or anyone else at PBSO that I know are false. Yes, some bad comments will fall through the cracks. But some won’t. As a whole, the readers of page2live have been outstanding in their comments. Thank you for that.
– Sorry about my inability to find pictures of Paula. As you know if you’re a cop, law enforcement orgs do not distribute pictures of their employees unless the employees are arrested and booked. But if anyone wants to send me a nice photo of Paula (jlambiet@pbpost.com), I’ll put it up after I verify that it is indeed her.
Thanks for visiting, guys.

34.Comment by hey copper — June 3, 2010 @ 9:25 am
Hey Copper: Cops are worthless do-nothings. I protect myself and cheer everytime the bad guy takes one of you out.

35.Comment by richard — June 3, 2010 @ 10:09 am
It has been found that governmental employees have better salaries,benefits and retirement than those in the private/capitalistic system in the USA now-the free sex and great retirement benefits in this case make me jealous as I schlep to work with a weeks vacation a year in reality and no sick days! As Cher once said “BANG BANG you shot me down”

36.Comment by Sick To My Stomach — June 3, 2010 @ 10:35 am
Why would they pay this pig $250,000 shut up money when almost everything has become public. Someone needs to make sure Bradshaw or should I say Gauger doesn’t get re-elected. Gauger just got himself a new title, so he gets paid more money when that fat pig retires. Paula must have slept with both of them. How about all of the other “good” deputies that they hung out to dry for minor crap. How about the ones that after 20 years of honorable service were FIRED and this slut gets $250,000. Get Bradshaw and Gauger out and next election make sure you make the right choice. The best thing that can happen is a new Sheriff takes over he can boot all the filthy money hungry scum that controls it now.

37.Comment by Communist State Ethics — June 3, 2010 @ 10:53 am
Is Jose deleting comments now too?

Why would she get Paid to leave?

$250K to leave? Makes no sense. Is this true?

Was someone higher up (not the Sheriff of course) having inappropriate relations with her? I assume not…just asking Jose.

Of course, don’t mention The Sheriff in any of this….this may be corruption county but our PBSO is CLEAN…., the last Broward Sheriff went to jail for corruption and ended up working right away for Scott Rothsteins’ Ponzi firm when he got out…..but this is PB County…our Sheriff’s Employees and Leaders are all squeaky clean…and if you post anything to the contrary ……it will simply be deleted as offensive and outrageous! We must control comments against our pristine public officials!

We must control the comments!

38.Comment by LOOK AT COPPER — June 3, 2010 @ 11:09 am
Everyone should read Copper’s comments and decide if those words and thoughts are justified of a law enforcement servant. How embarrasing. Your superiors should pull you away from the computer so as to stop making them look foolish. It’s been proven time and again that when officers break the law, there’s a cover up. You’re only upset because you can’t control the way people really look at you guys and you know they’re right. So go ahead and defend your brotherin criminals some more because one day you will need them to save your ass or they already have on your mistakes.

39.Comment by Delete — June 3, 2010 @ 11:24 am
Yes. If “Copper” is really a cop, no one would be surprised….everyone knows that its the Small Man Big Hat syndrome that came for Bad LEO employees.

Take a weenie, give him a badge and a gun and a car with sirens on it, and he thinks he’s all that…but take that stuff off…and this is more what you get.

Any idiot, LEO or Civilian can smell a rat here.

And LEO should be glad that this kind of thing gets aired in public and hopefully eliminated.

I read here that she was paid $200k or more to go away and shut up.

Is that true or not?

Does anyone at PBSO know if Sheriff Badass or any of his upper-echelon Cronies were involoved with this woman in anyway?

Was she paid off and is there a pattern of Sexual Harrassment by High-Ups as PBSO?

Jose, please don’t delete….this is just a question not an accusation against anyone at PBSO.

40.Comment by Richard — June 3, 2010 @ 4:18 pm
No way….another scandle at PBSO? Will this ever end? Hush money too? If this is true this sheriff should be indicted certainly at least investigated. The next election cant come soon enough for me. My firm contributed to Bradshaw and McAuliffe campaigns. We wont next time. This is just categorically an embarassment. Period.