Promotions - Page 3
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Promotions

Re: Promotions

When the union comes in and takes things over then things wil be made fair like they are up north in the real police agencies. The man with the most seniority gets the prmotion and that's that. Looking at this crapola about writing citations and making arrests is a buncha bull. Back up north the agencies pay up or the union straightens people out and they dont let the brown-nosers get ahead by making a bunch of arrests and writing a bunch of traffic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by up north is right
    When the union comes in and takes things over then things wil be made fair like they are up north in the real police agencies. The man with the most seniority gets the prmotion and that's that. Looking at this crapola about writing citations and making arrests is a buncha bull. Back up north the agencies pay up or the union straightens people out and they dont let the brown-nosers get ahead by making a bunch of arrests and writing a bunch of traffic stuff.

I think the wig glue is getting to you Greenie :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Perhaps you should share your thoughts with some of those who you think should not have been promoted.
    If it could only be settled like that, like the old days, when you take the gun belts off and meet in the park and settle the issue. You kindding me, these days they will tell on you and get you written up. That's just a stuppid reply. You will get written up for every minor thing at USF, let alone throat punching someone and settling the matter. There are shizzy supervisors that no one wants to work for and ones that seem to have half a brain about how to supervise their troops and help keep them happy on the job.

Sounds like disorganized policing and organized crime to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

I think the wig glue is getting to you Greenie :mrgreen:

Comb overs do not require glue.

MY MONEY IS ON KENT!!!!!

Arrow Re: Promotions

Of course there are those individuals who pass the tests each and every year but don't get promoted. These are the people who call a spade a spade and don't kiss anyone's butt. They are the officers who do their job and don't complain. :P

They don't just call a spade a spade, they call it a "F---ing shovel" !!! :!:

Spade or shovel it sounds like some folks dont understand how you get promoted around here. You can pass the test every year but unless theres an opening you arent likely to be promoted DUH! And passing the test isnt the only thing you need you have to do well in the interview and no amount of BS about how wonderful you are or what you do at work will pass muster because the board knows you! If what you say dont match what you do then dont blame the brass when you dont get promoted. I know because I DID get promoted and speak from experience. But I dont expect my advice to overcome all the whining on here which probably dont even come from insiders. Its probably our rejects stirring crap.

If you really want to get promoted do this. Work hard and give your sgt what they want. Volunteer for things because you are needed. Keep your mouth shut if you disagree with things and be positive in front of others and try to improve the environment here. Stay out of trouble and be as smart as we think you are. Pass the test every year so you can at least be ready if something budges. And then sing your own praises in the interview. It works try it.

Been there and done all that "stuff", but you did not take the good ol' boy and nepotism factors. No matter how good you do your job or your scores on the written and oral portions don't matter at all if the brass wants to put their own guy in........even if that person is incompetent (The Peter Principle) and is notrespected by their fellow officers. It's all politics! Believe it!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast