South Florida Cops on NY Forum - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: South Florida Cops on NY Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Guest000555
    Florida cops are jealous because they have to work in a hot swamp and have highway patrol that issue tickets to them. New York City is the capital of the world and they are not part of it.
    I live and work in the Jacksonville area. I hope I catch me one of you NYPD folks speeding down I-95 as you enter our beautiful state from Georgia. I have me one of them new lap top computers and I will type you up a nice citation. It will take me a little while cause us folks in North Florida are not in a hurry like you New Yorker city folks.

Hopefully I can write you up a one of them citations that has a mandatory court date so you'd have to return to the Sunshine State to face our judge. Judge Scooter ain't too fond of big city slickers.

You'll come back now, you hear...

Just bored and cruising the site and ran across this. I worked with Miami Beach for ten years and had many run ins with NYPD down on vacation. Most of them were stand up guys, with the occasional jerk. Friends of mine had to travel to NY for cases and were treated great by NYPD. Personally I don't care where your badge is from, I will get your back. North or South we all have bad apples in our agencies that make us all look bad. I have always tried my best to extend professional courtesy to every badge I had contact with. Nothin but love for my brothers\sisters in the North. Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by ex NYPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Florida cops are jealous because they have to work in a hot swamp and have highway patrol that issue tickets to them. New York City is the capital of the world and they are not part of it.
    Hey Skippy... My tax number was 868xxx and I work in sunny South Florida.... maybe we had enough of the capitol of the world.

OK hairbag!!! My tax is 904... you must be old!!!
    Yeah..and lovin it.

Great Job in Times Square New Years Eve. Have a safe 2013.

W62 said it best. I've worked in NY and FL. We're all cut from the same cloth (red, white and BLUE). There's not a cop out there who wouldn't stop and help some street cop getting his head handed to him by him some P.O.S. Part of the reason this Country is in such a pitiful state, is because cops are so good at eating their young Knock off the high school ball bustin' and grow up. When citizens are in trouble, they call 911... when cops are in trouble, they call each other. Stay safe my brothers and sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy T Justice
    I live and work in the Jacksonville area. I hope I catch me one of you NYPD folks speeding down I-95 as you enter our beautiful state from Georgia. I have me one of them new lap top computers and I will type you up a nice citation. It will take me a little while cause us folks in North Florida are not in a hurry like you New Yorker city folks.

Hopefully I can write you up a one of them citations that has a mandatory court date so you'd have to return to the Sunshine State to face our judge. Judge Scooter ain't too fond of big city slickers.

You'll come back now, you hear...
    All joking aside, what's up with arresting those war vets because of the government shut down. Sorry I would call in sick before I took a war vet to jail for visiting a memorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    How come when I come to the New York forums there are very few NYPD cops writing and a whole lot of South Florida cops writing crap about New York?
    Why don't you all stay down there in your stupid little counties and stay off our forums.
    You guys wouldn't last two hours patrolling Brooklyn or the Bronx.
    I guess it because many here are trying to figure out how to be a real cop. I know we In Miami know it all. seen it all, done it all. No one can tell us how to patrol or do our job.
    Sorry sad but true. We at MPD patrol the street of the new capital city of Cuba.

You guys in NY can keep the CCRB. Im fine here

I just ran across this post as this is the first time on the NYPD forum. As a former employee of NYPD and the old NYC Transit PD before the merger, and then a LE deputy for 28 years in "Central Florida" I thought I would give my thoughts.

The NYC cops tend to stick together( at least back when I was there) The cops in Florida are a little more prone to back stab each other to get ahead. Promotions are a joke in Florida I don't even know why they have tests. They promote all there pretty boys who are connected, or a minority. You can get 100% on the test and someone else who got a 70 gets promoted.

As far as pay and retirement I believe Florida has the lead there. Most departments here have a good retirement plan and the Florida State retirement for law enforcement is also very good. We also have the DROP (look it up) which allows you to retire and keep working getting both your regular pay and save your retirement money which is automatically saved for you, up to five years.

I don't think I could have half of what I have if I stayed in NY, cost of living is too much. Remember we get take home cars which is a perk. I never had to travel to work saving me all that travel time. I would walk out my front door get in my take home car, log into my computer and I was at work without leaving the driveway. No travelling for a hour or two before shift and after shift if you want to live somewhere nice.

The down side is NO free health insurance after leaving the department for good. You have to now pay your premiums.

As far as South Florida depts. they get paid well. I have met some in one South Florida Sheriffs Office that were complete assholes, and where big showoffs.

I don't live in a swamp either, as Central Florida is pretty nice and gets a few cool days in the winter. At least I'm not wading around in snow, and shoveling it.

As far as NYC officers getting outrageous retirements either they had access to years of unlimited overtime, or have pulled the 3/4 pay disability BS card. We all know it was SOP to attempt that as soon as you reached full pay. Many have succeeded in pulling this off. I hope they enjoyed it and got their Social Security Disability too. Too bad your going to prison for it and going to have to pay it back. As soon as the Feds get done with you, NYC will take away your pension also.

My best advise is do your job, retire, and then enjoy yourself regardless of where you work. I know people you couldn't pry out of NY with a crowbar. But NYC many cops retire and move somewhere nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest010485738
    So why are you putting your nose in to NY's forum. Stay in your section. Its nice and dry up here the air is so crisp, you can smell fireplace burning from time to time. Much better then humid tropical ****roach,red ant, infested swamp. Oh wait and now oil drenched Flordida as well as corexit chemical rain. Yipppeeee for you. You like it so much thats fine. Stop comming to NY forums and ranting how great you have it.
    I was on NYPD,(retired now) and moved to Ft Lauderdale, got to say my friends, it's much nicer down here, and it's only hot 3 months of the year, but so is NY , quite often NY is just as hot in the summer,so get your FACTS right One other thing, it's better than shoveling snow, driving in it, and freezing your ass off half the year ! Get wise , and move south, if your still an active quit, and become a Miami cop, or Ft lauderdale, trust me you'll be glad you did :P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast