FOP - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FOP

Re: FOP

Thanks to all those sorry azz losers who voted no for the union. You all are a bunch cry babies who complained about the stuff that goes on around here, but then when it was time to voice ourselves we were divided. The city manager's office is laughing at us all the way to the bank. Can we say and spell c-o-n-t-r-o-l !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    First thing we need to do is get rid of the current FOP Prez..he's way too comfortable, has too many extracurricular activities and we never see him. I understand the point of catching more bees with honey..but at this stage of the department, we need someone who still has their balls..and not a flap of flesh where they used to be..patrol makes up majority of the department..so get a road cop who knows what's going on and not some dummy who's oblivious to the goings-on within the dept. How the hell can you have a prez who doesn't want a collective bargaining union and said if it passes..he will resign...get outta here with that..Guest
    Well we were all made aware that the president was being voted out and the board was being restructured so that wasn't the problem. You had knowledgeable guys who were ready to fight for the FOP.

What I see is to many people divided at this agency. You have the African Americans, Cubans and white men and women in the department all in there little clicks. All the Cubans decided they want the PBA so they decided to stick together and say no to the FOP because they didn't want there peers running the organization. They don't come to FOP meetings and will not get involved. Most of the white officers are in key positions and don't want to get kicked out of their sweet assignment including the current FOP president. The black guys seem like they are ready to fight but don’t know which way to go but then you have the ones who are pro FOP and others who going around voicing they opinion loudly why we shouldn't have a FOP, like they are trying to be heard by the administration so they can get a promotion or something.

There is no unity among the troops. Race should not have anything to do with a FOP vote! The department did a good job dividing the officers.
    What the hell are you talking about, I'm a cuban officer and no one told me to vote no or yes. Race has nothing to do with getting a union. You got some issues. I wish I knew who you are because I dont want you as my back up or zone partner.

What the hell are you talking about, I'm a cuban officer and no one told me to vote no or yes. Race has nothing to do with getting a union. You got some issues. I wish I knew who you are because I dont want you as my back up or zone partner.
    You are an idiot! You are way to dense to understand what was written! I love all races and colors but you can't say that about all of us on this job. Race was not the point but you are offended because you voted no. It hurts when it hits home.

Oh an by the way I do my job and if the shiizt hits the fan you will wish I was there! Oh yea Im Cuban also smarty!

I dont work for MGPD, but wish I did your pay's pretty good. My agency change to IUPA as a Union and it has been great. If your brass is getting a Union too I suggest that you get different Unions one to represent Officers other to represent Brass. The PBA SUCKED ROYAL ASSteroids and was always draggin their feet. In todays crappy economy nobody's getting raises but it's about protecting your rights and having representation in case you get jammed up in an unjust IA, or people are promoted without following contract guidelines.

So good luck, we went from FOP to PBA to IUPA. You also need a Union rep that's no afraid of consequences, and has no desire to be promoted because that person will be on the poopy list with a bulls eye on their back.

You are an idiot! You are way to dense to understand what was written! I love all races and colors but you can't say that about all of us on this job. Race was not the point but you are offended because you voted no. It hurts when it hits home.

Oh an by the way I do my job and if the shiizt hits the fan you will wish I was there! Oh yea Im Cuban also smarty!
    You are an amazing person you must have some special powers, you dont know who I am and you can tell how I voted. Know I really want to know who you are.

You are an amazing person you must have some special powers, you dont know who I am and you can tell how I voted. Know I really want to know who you are.
    No I do not know how you voted but I do know the vote didn't pass. If I offended you I apologize because that is not who I am.

What I do know is by being divided we will never get anything done and I'm sure the admin is loving this. This next year will tell a lot. And I can't tell you who I am because we fight enough on here already. No need to fight at work also.

Can't believe I work around so many pu55ies. 80+ members voted NO to the darn FOP. Meanwhile, only 60 something of the 130+ FOP members voted YES. F'in cowards!. "Oh I'm scared I'll loose my car" I hope the city manager leaves and we get some stubborn person new manager that hates cops and start taking away shizzat. Then you idiots will see.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

LET ME BE VERY CLEAR:

For $300/year you can join the existing county PBA, get IA representation when needed, and get an attorney FREE for even your personnal matters such as divorce, tickets, bankruptcy, etc. The county PBA is the way to go. Anyone can join and get the same benefits without having to unionize your department. Organizing a union at MGPD would be a huge mistake! If you notice all of the previous posts in support of a union are angry posts with language designed to incite people to action based on anger and aggression. People who are true union supporters operate on scare tactics, anger, and are generally disgruntled people.

The minute your department goes union, it will never be the same. Unions operate through divide and conquer tactics. You will have in-fighting, anger, cliques, lies, and people who simply go along with a plan because the union says to. I am from a department with a strong union and it is miserable! You don't know who you can trust anymore because don't be fooled, the union lies and plays politics better than anyone.

Be your own person and make your own decision! I don't know about you but I don't like ANYONE making decisions for me.

LET ME BE VERY CLEAR:

For $300/year you can join the existing county PBA, get IA representation when needed, and get an attorney FREE for even your personnal matters such as divorce, tickets, bankruptcy, etc. The county PBA is the way to go. Anyone can join and get the same benefits without having to unionize your department. Organizing a union at MGPD would be a huge mistake! If you notice all of the previous posts in support of a union are angry posts with language designed to incite people to action based on anger and aggression. People who are true union supporters operate on scare tactics, anger, and are generally disgruntled people.

The minute your department goes union, it will never be the same. Unions operate through divide and conquer tactics. You will have in-fighting, anger, cliques, lies, and people who simply go along with a plan because the union says to. I am from a department with a strong union and it is miserable! You don't know who you can trust anymore because don't be fooled, the union lies and plays politics better than anyone.

Be your own person and make your own decision! I don't know about you but I don't like ANYONE making decisions for me.
    We have officers with the FOP and PBA for those purposes. We want a bargaining unit! With that bargaining unit we just want what we currently have in writing. We want nothing more and nothing less. And if your next comment is unions hold no weight then my next questions is, why such opposition? But I am done talking about this topic!

A lot of people on here think that ALL the no votes was because the officers were "scared" of the city. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I know several who voted no because there was no confidence in the MGPD FOP lodge. The lodge is disorganized, mismanaged, and there is no confidence with officers that it couldn't handle collective bargaining. Lets face it most meetings include a handful of members and almost never includes all the officers. How can a lodge like that handle collective bargaining for the whole department?? On top of that members were walking around trying to use scare tactics just before the vote, making comments such as, "When you get fired for no reason don't come crying to us." Collective bargaining has nothing to do with that. There is the officers bill of rights, and there is legal representation at hearings for these things, not collective bargaining. I know we have an example of this in the department right now that shows this. I will finish by saying that if PBA or IUPA was on the ballot I would bet anything that the vote would have been different, I know I would have voted differently.

P.S. Do any of you see how this post was completed without name calling and scare tactics? Goes right along with the point I'm trying to make, I hope it's understood.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast