Your Florida Representatives Who Don't Care About You! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Your Florida Representatives Who Don't Care About You!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Did that bill cut the pension for "vested" employees? Also, not all employees are law enforcement personnel. We, vested employees, have a contract with the state. They cannot easily take away our benefits. Additionally, our benefits are not comparable to the teacher example cited. They do not pay our health benefits, nor have they been for the last two decades I have been employed by the county. Our plan is fully funded and conservatively invested. That's why I have sad it is stupid to compare our salary to TPD. Thier pension is not as strong as ours. - Go ahead with all the ugly comments now. Sing the praises of TPD's salary. I've already heard it. If it was so great over there, why are you not there?

I would not vote for Sink, no matter what. She is a plastic elitist.

Look into what you are saying about Scott (in depth), and then make up your mind.

The Florida Legislators can change the FRS at anytime. I have seen a memo written by a Sheriff south of here who, along with 4 other sheriffs, meet with Scott. He was told by Scott that FRS is not sound at it's current rate and that employees will have to make up any difference along with other cuts he wants to make.

Iam a republican but I hate to say it I will be voting for Sink for only one reason and that Rick Scott is going to hammer our retirement if he gets elected.

I hate to say it, you do not know what you are talking about. Alex Sink, as the CFO, is the head honcho of FRS. She let three large Wall Street firms come in and rob FRS blind, and did nothing about it. FRS lost 1/4 of it's worth because of it. It wasn't all the economy. She refuses to go after them and has taken the 5th on the issue. Now we are going to have to make up the difference because of her (And Crist and McCollum's) screw up. As a matter of fact, all three have taken the 5th. They we're advised not to invest in junk bonds and hedge funds but they did anyways.

Besides, anyone that was involved with Bank of America/Nations Bank is a crook (Sink was the Florida division president for ten years). Bank of America is the worst bank in town.

Quote Originally Posted by FRJ Posse
    Iam a republican but I hate to say it I will be voting for Sink for only one reason and that Rick Scott is going to hammer our retirement if he gets elected.

I hate to say it, you do not know what you are talking about. Alex Sink, as the CFO, is the head honcho of FRS. She let three large Wall Street firms come in and rob FRS blind, and did nothing about it. FRS lost 1/4 of it's worth because of it. It wasn't all the economy. She refuses to go after them and has taken the 5th on the issue. Now we are going to have to make up the difference because of her (And Crist and McCollum's) screw up. As a matter of fact, all three have taken the 5th. They we're advised not to invest in junk bonds and hedge funds but they did anyways.

Besides, anyone that was involved with Bank of America/Nations Bank is a crook (Sink was the Florida division president for ten years). Bank of America is the worst bank in town.
    It's unbelievable that once again, with all the people in this Country & particularly the State of Florida, we are left with only these Bozo's to choose from. I wish the voters could take the 5th and refuse to vote until someone actually qualified was put on the ballots. Nothing but smear adds against each other, with each claiming the other is lying. Just the fact alone that both of them are routinely slinging lies at this level of government is a disgrace. It has been said that the politicians nowadays replicate Nascar, in that they should just wear the patches & insignias of the Companies & Organizations that have bought them off!

It has been said that the politicians nowadays replicate Nascar, in that they should just wear the patches & insignias of the Companies & Organizations that have bought them off!
    Please don't compare NASCAR to politicians. At least NASCAR let's ya KNOW whose paying their bills each week when they run their race unlike politicians from each of the parties. I'd love to hear a politician after winning a race say I would like to thank my Dupont, Lowes, Amp Energy, National Guard, Ritz, Subway, Cheerios election team for this win. The politicians could also learn a thing or two from NASCAR and before every public appearance recite in public and with pride the Pledge of Allegiance, say a public prayer and play the Narional Anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    Did that bill cut the pension for "vested" employees? Also, not all employees are law enforcement personnel. We, vested employees, have a contract with the state. They cannot easily take away our benefits. Additionally, our benefits are not comparable to the teacher example cited. They do not pay our health benefits, nor have they been for the last two decades I have been employed by the county. Our plan is fully funded and conservatively invested. That's why I have sad it is stupid to compare our salary to TPD. Thier pension is not as strong as ours. - Go ahead with all the ugly comments now. Sing the praises of TPD's salary. I've already heard it. If it was so great over there, why are you not there?

Look into what you are saying about Scott (in depth), and then make up your mind.

The Florida Legislators can change the FRS at anytime. I have seen a memo written by a Sheriff south of here who, along with 4 other sheriffs, meet with Scott. He was told by Scott that FRS is not sound at it's current rate and that employees will have to make up any difference along with other cuts he wants to make.
    Show me the proof please, Joe, that they can change the benefits for vested employees at any time. So, they could just stop paying us a pension at all after hiring us with that as a condition of employment? I'm thinking you are mistaken. They may be able to change the contribution amount, but the discussion has largely been how to stop excessive costs for newer hires. Again, you should remember, the majority of contributors are NOT law enforcement.

Show me the proof please, Joe, that they can change the benefits for vested employees at any time. So, they could just stop paying us a pension at all after hiring us with that as a condition of employment? I'm thinking you are mistaken. They may be able to change the contribution amount, but the discussion has largely been how to stop excessive costs for newer hires. Again, you should remember, the majority of contributors are NOT law enforcement.
    Are you kidding?

FRS is a creation of the legislature. It can be modified by the legislature at any time by further legislation.

BUT, here's the point. THE GOVERNOR CANNOT CHANGE FRS; only the legislature can do that.

Scott may think the FRS needs to be changed, but HE can't change it. Fears that the next governor would change FRS is no justification for voting for Sink who is a liberal democrat.

No, but when he says that he is going to lay off government employees, well that he can do.

And the legislators can change your multiplier, the amount that you now have to contribute, they can reduce or eliminate your July percentage increase for retirees, and they can take away payout for monthly medical payments.

No, but when he says that he is going to lay off government employees, well that he can do.

And the legislators can change your multiplier, the amount that you now have to contribute, they can reduce or eliminate your July percentage increase for retirees, and they can take away payout for monthly medical payments.

Come on, Joe. He can lay off STATE Government employees, not us.

Of course the LEGISLATORS can change the multiplier. My second sentence said they could modify FRS. But the GOVERNOR cannot change FRS.

I'd rather have a fiscally conservative governor who is concerned about government finances (Scott), but who is unable to change FRS, than a liberal (Sink) who has promised dozens of new programs which will require HIGHER TAXES to accomplish.

I'm sorry, I thought you knew that he could only lay off state works. My bad for not spelling that out for you.

A modification to FRS is a change. Just the fact if he took away your 3% raise every year on July 1st that the retirees get would be huge.

I'm sorry, I thought you knew that he could only lay off state works. My bad for not spelling that out for you.

A modification to FRS is a change. Just the fact if he took away your 3% raise every year on July 1st that the retirees get would be huge.
    Joe, Joe, Joe............. You're getting testy. It is unlike you.

The fact that he can only lay off state workers makes one wonder why you brought it up when it doesn't affect us, and by extension how we should vote. I did know it you see - I brought it up. But the concern was that perhaps you were inadvertently misleading others.

You are repeating what I said, not disputing it when you say that a modification to FRS is a change. Again, the LEGISLATURE is the body which can modify (change) the FRS. Even if Sink were governor (God forbid) it would be the LEGISLATURE which changed FRS.

Remember, Sink is proposing a number of new state programs which will necessarily RAISE TAXES for all of us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast