10/31/09 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10/31/09

Re: 10/31/09

Let's have a reality check.
    The church has property on SR 50. It is used for overflow parking. It IS a parking lot. While's there's no way of knowing where the hypothetical police office at the event may have been stationed that night during his/her hypothetical stint at the event, the grass PARKING LOT or the SR access point(s) to the lot would have been logical. It would also be logical for the mother of the child to have gravitated towards this hypothetical CROSSING GUARD as she and her child walked to the event.
    While there's no way to prove a cause and effect relationship here, it is assinine to assert that the presence of an officer would not have altered the outcome.

Re: 10/31/09

I can understand your point Gortex however I spoke with the individual at the church who requested the officer to be present that night of the event and he stated " I wanted an officer posted towards the front parking lot of the church just as a precautionary measure". Now even if an officer was posted in that area would it have stopped the horrific accident that occurred, I guess that is something we will never know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12