A Good Try?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Good Try?

A Good Try?

Well if anyone needed any more evidence of what the patrol captain is all about....just get ahold of the e-mail he sent his Officers about his attempt to bridge the communication gap between admin and the line officers. This e-mail is a half-hearted attempt to bring a working relationship between the admin and officers by the use of name-calling and inferences of threats (being fired). After how the capt. started out the e-mail, then he expects anyone to come forward and express their concerns without being labeled a "whiner, complainer or trouble-maker." Any Officer would be nuts to "out" themselves in hopes of fixing some real problems. It is obvious to me that the way the proposal was set up in the e-mail that if no one steps up, the capt. can say, see, I extended the olive branch and no one accepted. But in reality, this is a chance for him to try and find out who the whiners are ( his words not mine) Maybe someone on the City Council might be interested in reading this. No need to ask an officer to give it up, all the e-mails are kept and readily accessible for any F.O.I.L. request. This is not an Officer whining, this is the capts. true colors and management style shining through. You wonder where the morale problems come from, I say look at the top and maybe just maybe the picture will come clear.

Labor Management idea, great idea and with open minds who bring not only problems but some solutions to the table, now we are talking. Otherwise, this is the way it is to be done because that is how we have always done it.

Re: A Good Try?

I read the email I think he was talking about u

He did write that article just the email post the artic/e and let others see what you are getting at its harmless

There will be no retribution or revenge if you bring your complaints up face to face. You have a promise on that. But let's get real. If you are not a part of the team then you will not be picked for transfers, assignments, promotions etc. Why the heck would I pick someone to be on my team if they are only going to try and undermine my goals? Just do it, you little d!ck.

Just post it on this forum and don't make me go through other channels to get it. You want help, post it and we'll help you.

It is very clear that nothing about ZPD makes you happy.You talk about the olive branch..
    would you accept one if it came your way, or would you recognise it?
    Obviously you received the email as a routine in the dept, did it hit home?
    You remember the old joke about the farts? the first to smell, delt it.
    well there guest, clean up your own corner then start preaching to others.
    You are doing nothing other than trying to cause dissent among the dept.If the admin.
    kissed your azz, gave you a raise, required nothing from you except to show up for your shift, then praised your exempleary performance... would you be a happy camper or would you still be disgruntled and unhappy employee?
    You need to back off of your bitterness and see what happens

Just because I bring up an isuue that I perceive as important as others do, I am disgruntled. I don't complain about much, only the stuff I see as needing change. The pay is fine, the uniforms are fine, the vehicles are fine as is the equipment and job itself. I posted about the e-mail because I hardly think how the Capt.wrote his prelude to the story was unnecessary and unprofessional. Does that really seem to you that the e-mail was a motivating way to get the troops to attend a meeting to bring issues to the forefront? We know we have disgruntled employees and we know who they are. It is a very small contingent that doesn't seem to get dealt with on an individual basis, but rather a blanket order that affects everyone. Capt. wants this to be a big happy family but lets look at some cold, hard facts. We are grown men and women but we are treated like kids who can't be trusted. We can't go into dispatch, records, get called out for almost anytime we are in the actual department. We can't talk to admin without going through our immediate supervisor, can't be seen in the volunteer wing for any reason. Does this sound like the making of a close-knit family? If there are issues with an individual, deal with that individual, sounds fair to me. Let the very capable Sergeants and O.I.C.'s do their job without feeling like they are micro-managed.

The meeting is coming up and lets just see how that motivating e-mail worked. Lets see who comes and brings some real issues forward. I hope I am wrong and that will be a productive, attended meeting but I don't think so. Did I see this as an olive branch offering...no I did not. You think I am disgruntled and that is far from the truth. I just want to see a sincere effort to bring this Department forward not stay stagnant like we are.

If you know who the disgruntled employees are and if they are the same group all the time, why don't you get rid of them instead of keeping them around to bring moral down?

It's the whole dept. I would pay money to the first person who would say -in private- that the captain is doing a good job. He has completely smashed whatever morale was left after the last admin. and did it in less than two years. He needs to go now!

I think you're stuck with your dear ole' captain. I'm afraid he isn't going anywhere too soon . Moral in this department has been down for a very long time and I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

A person who micromanages is generally driven by fear - fear of losing their perception of control that they feel they have over people or things. They're also insecure and think they come across as confident when in reality they come across as a control freek and a bully in some cases.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast