WHAT IS THE RANK OF COMMANDER, ANYWAY?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WHAT IS THE RANK OF COMMANDER, ANYWAY?

I'VE WORKED HERE A WHILE AND IT SEEMS LATELY THAT EVERYTHING IS ALL ABOUT THE BUDGET. NO MONEY, BIG PROBLEMS. AS I BEGAN TO THINK ABOUT THIS PROBLEM I STARTED THINKING WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD WAY TO SAVE MONEY. HERES WHAT I CAME UP WITH. CHIEFS TAKE A 10 PERCENT PAY CUT, CAPTAINS TAKE A 7 PERCENT PAY CUT, LIEUTENANTS TAKE A 5 PERCENT PAY CUT AND SGTS TAKE A 2 PERCENT CUT, THEREBY KEEPING US AFLOAT. THEN I REALIZED I SKIPPED OVER THE FAKE RANK OF COMMANDER. WHAT DO THESE GUYS DO? DO WE REALLY NEED A COMMANDER OF COMMUNICATIONS, OR BETTER YET, A COMMANDER OF CID? COME ON, WHAT DO THESE GUYS DO? OFF WITH THEIR HEADS. I'M NOT TRYING TO BE A JERK, I'M JUST SAYING THAT IF THE BRASS TOOK A CUT IT WOULD TAKE CARE OF THE TROOPS ON THE LINE.

Re: WHAT IS THE RANK OF COMMANDER, ANYWAY?

1. Stop writing in all caps. It is like screaming and unprofessional.

2. No one needs to take a pay cut and if you really worked for the CCSO you would understand why.

3. You have no clue about the rank structure or anything else about the CCSO. All you are is a wanna-be who is trying to stir the pot. Try another subject because this one won't even move the dust off the key boards.

4. People like you are just DUMB. there is no hiding it or sugar coating it; Just DUMB!

5. Go look at other agencies and maybe once in your life you might have some first hand information that would allow you to actually post a subject with merit.

You see young man in this agency you are not allowed to think or reason. You accept the BS or you are trashed by all the individuals trying to protect their territory. People get rank because they are not a threat to any one above them. From what I have seen most are not needed just buddies. But they do one thing well here crush the individuals with any intelligent.
    Oh go ahead and bash me I got out and the fly fishing is great.

You can't judge judge everyone becasue of their title. I think they need to be looked at individually, which I understand the Sheriff has directed the Chiefs to do. I just hope personal opinions and friendships don't play a part, but I don't see how they wouldn't.
    For example, the Commander of Communications that STILL doesn't know how to answer the phones or dispatch a call. He should know every aspect of the job and Comm Center by now. I work OT in Comm so I know this as a fact.
    Other Commanders know every part of their unit. They show up on calls, they get involved and participate in the units work, and yes, the CID Commander fits in this catagory. I don't work CID but I have seen him on many scenes.

In same areas it's the Captain that is never seen or heard from.

Quote Originally Posted by How Dare you
    You see young man in this agency you are not allowed to think or reason. You accept the BS or you are trashed by all the individuals trying to protect their territory. People get rank because they are not a threat to any one above them. From what I have seen most are not needed just buddies. But they do one thing well here crush the individuals with any intelligent.
    How pathetic... you are retired, moved away and are now fly fishing but still have to visit this web site and bash the agency that has given you all of what you now have. And just like when you were here, still complaining and whining about everything.

Thank GOD you took the buy out and moved away; now we only have to hear your depressed personality on here and not on a full time basis at work. But don't worry,you are not alone. There have been many miserable old coots like you that have left and now CCSO is a good place to work at. No more bad mouthing by the ones who life dun them wrong.

Another oround of buy outs and this place will be heaven... and young again!

[quote=Paparazzi LEO]
    Quote Originally Posted by "How Dare you":1g0nn6ay
    How pathetic... you are retired, moved away and are now fly fishing but still have to visit this web site and bash the agency that has given you all of what you now have. And just like when you were here, still complaining and whining about everything.

Thank GOD you took the buy out and moved away; now we only have to hear your depressed personality on here and not on a full time basis at work. But don't worry,you are not alone. There have been many miserable old coots like you that have left and now CCSO is a good place to work at. No more bad mouthing by the ones who life dun them wrong.

Another oround of buy outs and this place will be heaven... and young again![/quote:1g0nn6ay]
    Got to go I am in a diiferent time Zone. But thanks PAPA your post proved my point. Oh and I didn't give anything for all those years. RIGHT!

Got to go I am in a diiferent time Zone. But thanks PAPA your post proved my point. Oh and I didn't give anything for all those years. RIGHT!
    Judging by your first post the only thing that you will be remembered for is all of the complaining that you did.

Attitude is everything and yours' sucks.

Sorry, but if you want others to believe that you contributed something positive to this agency then may I suggest it should start with your attitude...

[quote=Paparazzi LEO]
    Quote Originally Posted by "How Dare you":29iki2q4

Another oround of buy outs and this place will be heaven... and young again![/quote:29iki2q4]
    Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! :snicker:

:lol: I would like to have the rank of Allied Supreme Commander. Or perhaps Chairman and CEO of all the new flashlights.

YOU KNOW, AT FIRST I WAS DISTURBED THAT ANYONE WOULD STICK UP FOR THE RANK OF COMMANDER. EVERYBODY KNOWS IT WAS CREATED WHEN TIMES WERE GOOD TO GIVE CERTAIN ADMIN TYPES MORE CASH FOR THEIR JOBS. NOW TIMES ARE NOT SO GOOD SO I STILL BELIEVE ITS A FOOLISH WAY TO DOLE OUT THE CASH. LETS FACE IT, IF YOU HAVE A REAL PROBLEM DO YOU GO SEE THE COMMANDER? NO, YOU GO SEE THE MAN WITH THE JUICE, THE CAPTAIN.

COMMANDER IS A MADE UP RANK AND EVERYBODY KNOWS IT. WE COULD MAKE THE MANY COMMANDERS INTO LT'S AND WE COULD CALL THEM "SUPER LIEUTENANTS" TO MAKE THEM FEEL BETTER. I'M NOT TRYING TO HURT ANYBODY'S FEELINGS, I'M JUST POINTING OUT REALITY.

ANYWAY, THE REASON I BROUGHT THIS UP IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS BECAUSE OF BUDGET ISSUES NOT TO ATTACK ANY PARTICULAR INDIVIDUAL. I JUST THINK THE RANK IS A WASTE, THATS ALL.

P.S. I LIKE THE ALL CAPS, ITS COOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast