Marine Unit
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marine Unit

Marine Unit

Anyone heard who may be going to fill the two Marine Unit spots?

Re: Marine Unit

Probably the same good old boys who fill all the specialty team slots, friends of the ones in charge of the unit. Look no farther than hsd units and see who has filled those slots in the last couple of years. Some of those jobs werent even posted and were filled with friends of the head cheese. Favortism rules

They're pobably coming from the port unit. It's kinda like the minor league for the marine unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Probably the same good old boys who fill all the specialty team slots, friends of the ones in charge of the unit. Look no farther than hsd units and see who has filled those slots in the last couple of years. Some of those jobs werent even posted and were filled with friends of the head cheese. Favortism rules

So, what do you learn from that?

IF YOU WANT TO GET IN A SPECIALTY TEAM, CULTIVATE THE RIGHT FRIENDS.

You know how it works. If you don't make it work for you don't get on here and whine about it. The system isn't going to change.

If you have too much "integrity" to "suck up" then accept the fact that THE ASSIGNMENT ISN'T FOR YOU.

Quit being a crybaby.

:cry:

I think the point is that hard working deputies are tired of seeing good old boys from plant city who are best friends with the sgt get picked with no evaluation at all other than he is my best friend. What happen to the process of evaluating and interviewing. Then even better is the good old boys who are already in a specialty team job who transfer without any posting of the job into another cushy specialty team job while those on the road slug it out hoping someone notices their hard work. Then you wonder why you cant get anyone on the road motivated to do more than be a personal secretary going from call to call.

I think the point is that hard working deputies are tired of seeing good old boys from plant city who are best friends with the sgt get picked with no evaluation at all other than he is my best friend. What happen to the process of evaluating and interviewing. Then even better is the good old boys who are already in a specialty team job who transfer without any posting of the job into another cushy specialty team job while those on the road slug it out hoping someone notices their hard work. Then you wonder why you cant get anyone on the road motivated to do more than be a personal secretary going from call to call.
    The point is well taken. But if the Sheriff and a few other hand picked people were all graduates of Plant High School and had grown up in Palma
    Ceia together we would have the same thing: a bunch of good old boys who have known each other for decades looking out for each other.

That's life. That's the way it is.

Call me cynical.............. :wink:

Okay, you're cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by Just doing what was asked
    Okay, you're cynical.
    Thank you.

Cynical................................ and correct.

:lol:

You are so correct it hurts. Having good common sense and a hard working background on the street does NOTHING, ZILCH, ZERO, NOTTA for you at HCSO. The few deputies left that even bother to bust their tails on the road these days only accomplish two things................having a very high stress level and constant citizen & supervisor complaints. Face it, it will not get you anywhere at HCSO and it certainly will not get you, or anybody for that matter, a pay raise. When it gets right down to it, the Obama administration pales in comparison to all the backroom politics at work at HCSO.

Having good common sense and a hard working background on the street does NOTHING, ZILCH, ZERO, NOTTA for you at HCSO.

When it gets right down to it, the Obama administration pales in comparison to all the backroom politics at work at HCSO.
    That would be NADA, not NOTTA, Gringo.

All organizations operate on politics. Those who complain about it are those who are inept at it. Develop some skills!!!

:snicker:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast