Bocanegra Resigns

Bocanegra Resigns

Can anyone explain the logic behind Bocanegra's severence pay of $58,000 when he is going to receive a retirement of $50,000 per year when the Town of Miami Lakes wants a budget cut of $200,000?

What would had made sense was to tell Bocanegra that since he is going to make $50,000 a year in retirement then he does not need $58,000 severence package and you could had saved that $58,000 for other things like equipment. Or even adding the $58,000 to the $200,000 and just cut $142,000 instead.

But then again nothing in this county involving politics is logical or makes sense unless you are at the top and in a position that you know will give you benefits such as this one.

What do you all think?

Re: Bocanegra Resigns

I haven't seen my buddy Frank Bocanegra lately. Does anyone know if he's applying for the position of Chief with the new upcoming Weston Police Department ? He is well qualified for the position. I know some of you worked with Frank at Miami Lakes where he was very well liked and did an outstanding job for the residents.

As with every command staff member you will never get an answer in the middle unless they did nothing but please. Never heard any bad stuff but then again I never worked under him.... I guess you will hear both good and bad. How does that saying go? Opinions are like bungholes we all got one and they all stink.

Franks a decent guy, good for officers

does anyone know if frank is still in miami lakes?

hahahaha