Edgar "Eggie" Barrios?? Where is he now? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Edgar "Eggie" Barrios?? Where is he now?

Quote Originally Posted by SetGuy
    Let me tell you something about Eggie Barrios. You can all get on here and blast what he did and you would be right in doing so. The fact is he did a stupid thing. He isnt a darn drug dealer, he was a good cop that made good arrests but decided one night to sell his soul to the devil. I think he is still a good human being and many of you out there were friends with him before all of this happened so why turn your back on him now? Loyalty, integrity??? Show some of that to a guy that you all say has none of that!! Teach with your actions not your words. Eggie Barrios did deserve to be fired and jailed and he was. He did his time without complaining and has since moved on with his life. Doesnt he deserve a second chance in life. Im not saying to bring him back onto the force, Im saying how bout a little humanity in letting him move on and live a peaceful life. I am friends with him just as I was friends with him when we worked together in District 4. I still work for BSO and unfortunately I cannot come forwrad to tell you who I am out of fear of retaliation for remaining friendly with Eggie. I dont care if he is a convicted felon or not, he is my friend and he does not do those things anymore.
    Hey SET guy...............are you serious??? "He sold his soul to the devil one night" ONE NIGHT????? That's like the guy you catch holding or the burglar jimmying a back door to the radio shack at 3 am and he tells you it's the first time.

You believe that? :lol:

You know what? Barrios did screw up royally and he was arrested,fired, and sentenced to do time in prison. He did his time and is now a productive member of society. Maybe you would have liked it better if he got the death penalty? Gimme a break dude, I'm sure you lead a perfect life, right? I guess u are so perfect u can afford to judge everyone else? The bottom line is this, Edgar Barrios, whether you like it or not has served his time and is now happy and healthy and is making a very good living in the transportation industry. He minds his own business and really doesnt care what anyone in law enforcement thinks about him or his family. He is a great father to his children and has a fantastic relationship with God. If that bothers you to hear that he is doing well than go see Judy Cowells or whatever her name is and get some therapy. Edgar Barrios was my friend before he jammed himself up and he is still my friend, so if that angers you in any way than I guess you can go sit in a corner and stew over it but I support Barrios in his new life and I will always be there for him because I am his friend. It's called being loyal and not turning your back on someone in times of trouble. He didnt kill anyone or rape anyone. He didnt rob any banks. He stole marijuana and made it disappear. Yes, what he did was ridiculously wrong and he did deserve the punishment that he got. but like I said, he did his time so leave him alone now. Go write a ticket or something Mr. Judgemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Old partner
    You know what? Barrios did screw up royally and he was arrested,fired, and sentenced to do time in prison. He did his time and is now a productive member of society. Maybe you would have liked it better if he got the death penalty? Gimme a break dude, I'm sure you lead a perfect life, right? I guess u are so perfect u can afford to judge everyone else? The bottom line is this, Edgar Barrios, whether you like it or not has served his time and is now happy and healthy and is making a very good living in the transportation industry. He minds his own business and really doesnt care what anyone in law enforcement thinks about him or his family. He is a great father to his children and has a fantastic relationship with God. If that bothers you to hear that he is doing well than go see Judy Cowells or whatever her name is and get some therapy. Edgar Barrios was my friend before he jammed himself up and he is still my friend, so if that angers you in any way than I guess you can go sit in a corner and stew over it but I support Barrios in his new life and I will always be there for him because I am his friend. It's called being loyal and not turning your back on someone in times of trouble. He didnt kill anyone or rape anyone. He didnt rob any banks. He stole marijuana and made it disappear. Yes, what he did was ridiculously wrong and he did deserve the punishment that he got. but like I said, he did his time so leave him alone now. Go write a ticket or something Mr. Judgemental.
    Glad to hear that this guy is doing well and on the right track, however.........If you are a LEO it does bother me and it should everyone else that pins on a gold star at BSO. People have died wearing that uniform and if you wear it you should promptly resign because you are fraternizing with a known felon and are ALSO A DISGRACE TO THE UNIFORM. If you don't like it then too bad. READ THE POLICY.

Quote Originally Posted by Old partner
    As I stated before, calm the &%$# down. Edgar did some bad stuff. Actually he was suspected of selling and acting as an insider for the drug boys. That is why he was set up, based on tips. Now, if he is doing good, that is great and I want him to succeed in life. However, what the %#@* is wrong with you? You come on a police website and try to defend him? What are you 15 and in high school? He screwed up so bad it is called a crime, and self respecting cops don't tolerate that from within, especially if it has anything to do with drugs and/or kids. So keep your admiration of him to yourself and take a &^@#ing reality check, also, be &%$@*ing careful when you call out a brother, and defend a felon, you are skating on thin ice. Keep your relationship with Edgar private and stop posting replies, this post will soon die and you won't make yourself out to be a whinny *****, better yet, stop reading the posts.

Ricky Marcus was a great cop that just went mad at the end. You can take away the fact Marcus had some great talent; he just became unglued, it happens. I guess everyone is perfect because we are all cops; we are not perfect, just human.

As a friend of RM, I told him he is being spoken about on this forum and he laughed because his incident occurred 9 years ago and he has since moved on with his life. He told me although he knows there is nothing he can do about those who choose to still speak about him, he does wish that his name would just be forgotten about. He told me he is not important enough to be spoken about and the guys on this site should focus on positive things that are currently going on, not a guy that screwed up and got himself into hot water. Classy guy- Still.

Oh man!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Let me let you all in on a little secret about Mr. Marcus. When he was popped [in 2001] he was interrogated by I.A and the State Attorney, Bernie Hollar from the Public Corruptions Unit. They were naming names of others that they suspected may have been involved in taking money and property with Marcus. They wanted him to name people for a reduced charge and they even offered him if he would name others he would not face ANY felony charges. Marcus denied and told them he would not name anyone other than himself. Although he disgraced himself and his department, he can atleast sleep at night knowing that he did not roll on any others that were involved and believe me, you can take it to the bank that Marcus was not alone when taking money from drug dealers and others that he took from. He may be hated by some but atleast he isnt known as a rat. He did what he did and he got caught. He went down by himself and named nobody else.

Holy cow!! Why must we keep talking about all this negative bull crap. Can't we talk about Deputy's that have not jammed themselves up. I know there must be many good cops that have done some very good things that we can talk about instead of Barrios the drug dealer and Ricky [ I actually liked him]. C'mon guy's, lets shut this topic down now and move on to better things, like Ken Jenne being denied his request to receive his pension!!!LMFAO.

My name is Rick Marcus and I would appreciate if my name was not mentioned on this forum anymore. I am no longer in Law Enforcement and have not been since getting terminated in 2001. It has been almost 11 years and I cannot understand why the people of this department feel I am that important to still be discussing me. I have since moved on with my life and do not bother any of you and would appreciate the same in return. I do not come on this website ever but was told about it by a friend of mine that informed me of what was being said about me. I know that you all have the freedom of speech and can say and write whatever you feel, but I am respectfully requesting that my name is just forgotten about from this point on. Thank you, and I wish you all safety and a successful law enforcement career.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast