Edgar "Eggie" Barrios?? Where is he now? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Edgar "Eggie" Barrios?? Where is he now?

Let me tell you something about Eggie Barrios. You can all get on here and blast what he did and you would be right in doing so. The fact is he did a stupid thing. He isnt a damn drug dealer, he was a good cop that made good arrests but decided one night to sell his soul to the devil. I think he is still a good human being and many of you out there were friends with him before all of this happened so why turn your back on him now? Loyalty, integrity??? Show some of that to a guy that you all say has none of that!! Teach with your actions not your words. Eggie Barrios did deserve to be fired and jailed and he was. He did his time without complaining and has since moved on with his life. Doesnt he deserve a second chance in life. Im not saying to bring him back onto the force, Im saying how bout a little humanity in letting him move on and live a peaceful life. I am friends with him just as I was friends with him when we worked together in District 4. I still work for BSO and unfortunately I cannot come forwrad to tell you who I am out of fear of retaliation for remaining friendly with Eggie. I dont care if he is a convicted felon or not, he is my friend and he does not do those things anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality break
    Yea he made a simple mistake. Are you kidding me? He took 40 pounds of dope and had it distributed and sold within two days. I think we have different opinions on what a real street cop is. This is the guy, the news reports, not the cop that goes out every day and night and does the RIGHT thing. This ass gave us all a bad name.
    Really? Is that what the morons at IA told you?? How about they set him up by putting 40 lbs of weed in a dav and dispatching him to it. Then , the great IA detectives lost him and the weed. There was no proof he sold anything to anyone. They cant prove what happened to it because they LOST it!!!!!! Thats why he took a plea and is already out of prison you jerk. GO BARRIOS!!!!! Your okay in my book kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality break
    Yea he made a simple mistake. Are you kidding me? He took 40 pounds of dope and had it distributed and sold within two days. I think we have different opinions on what a real street cop is. This is the guy, the news reports, not the cop that goes out every day and night and does the RIGHT thing. This ass gave us all a bad name.
    Really? Is that what the morons at IA told you?? How about they set him up by putting 40 lbs of weed in a dav and dispatching him to it. Then , the great IA detectives lost him and the weed. There was no proof he sold anything to anyone. They cant prove what happened to it because they LOST it!!!!!! Thats why he took a plea and is already out of prison you jerk. GO BARRIOS!!!!! Your okay in my book kid.
    Glorifying a s%#tbag. God Bless America.

Interesting view, so it is IA's fault that he took the dope. I am sure the IA guys got together and pulled this guy’s name out of a hat. And it is one hell of a coincidence that he was able to hand off 40 pounds of marijuana, and have it packaged and sold before it could be found. It is obvious that he was part of a group that could steal it, package it and distribute it. I am going to take a wild guess and say that it may not have been the first time. He sounds like a far better drug dealer than an imposter for a cop who made all of us look bad. Anyone who defends this scum should reevaluate their priorities and their line of work. Oh by the way his sentence was a plea agreement so even he knows he should have gone to jail.

I think to glorify this kid is ridiculous. Next thing your gonna tell me is Ricky Marcus should still be a cop with us? You guys are crazy to support these guys.

Let me tell you idiots a thing or two about Ricky. I am a friend of his and I work for BSO still. You can find me in the central part of the county. That guy paid his dues and has made a great life for himself. He raised his children right and he and his kids are all doing great and really dont care what any of you think of him, but I do and I wont let people come on here and drop his name when they dont know anything about him.

OK, everyone take a big gulp of calm the @#$% down. I know Edgar, I know Ricky and I know Joe Roberts, who just passed away. I also know quite a few others that stepped on their air hose and jammed themselves up. Personally they were nice men,who never did anything to me. However, I did get a black eye from their actions. True they all did time for their crimes, not mistakes but crimes. If you are friends with them, fine, keep up your friendship and try to be supportive. HOWEVER, don't come on a blog site for LEO's and try to justify or minimize their behavior. They are all convicted felons. The best thing you can do, is shut up about them, let those that want to post about them, do so, but don't try to banter and convince anyone " how great they are/were" you make yourself look foolish, immature and lack integrity for the job. My advice, don't read the negative stuff.

That was a good post and I agree with you 100%. The only thing is Ricky didnt serve any time like you said. He did a few years of probation and thats about it. He probably deserved to do time but he never actually got any. He must have had a good lawyer!! Either way, Im glad he is alive and well cause I actually liked the guy. He was one funny son of a gun.

Excellent Road Cop????... NOT!!!

Street Savy???.... More like a street thug

Too Street Smart???.... Theres a big difference in knowing how the criminal element work and think than being a criminal yourself.

Obviously you are not a good judge of character or ever worked with him...

He got everything he deserved... He tarnished everyone in Law Enforcement.. Noting but scum in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Here we go again!!! Now everyone will get on here and call him names and say what a peice of garbage he was. Let me start by saying that Barrios was an excellent road cop that screwed up big time and made a bad decision that cost him everything and ultimately his freedom for a few years. He did his time and paid his debt to society and is now living a happy, productive life in South Florida.

Barrios was very street savy and I think he was a little too street smart for his own good. There were many deputy's that were awesome street cops but eneded up getting themselves in trouble. Don't judge him until you have walked in his shoes. We all screw up, just some screw up's are bigger than others. I think Barrios was a great stand up guy.

Nothing but scum in your book, huh? I guess u are just so perfect and never did anything wrong in your life. You are typical. I bet you would be the first one screaming for Eggie to back u up when you were getting pounded by one of these " thugs" u speak of. You make me sick to my stomach and you probably were the kid in high school that got his butt kicked and his lunch money taken so u decided to be a cop to get back at all these "thugs". I bet you are lilly white too, right? Yeah you would have to be with the way you think. Have a great life, dork.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast