Get out and don't apply at CCPD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Get out and don't apply at CCPD

It has become clearly apparent that for the next several years the city council is planning to screw the employees at CCPD. Although the city has increased their reserves by 6 million over the past year, they continue to threaten pay and benefit cuts. They were able to increase reserves off the backs of the workers. Every week it is something different that a councilman brings up that they feel we don't deserve. They continue to threaten a 10% pay cut, take home cars, pay for our insurance, loss of retirement insurance, and doing away with the pension plan. HR continues to advertise tuition reimbursement, but they have cut funding for that as well. Councilmembers treat us with no respect and continually degrade our department; the chief is even preparing to leave because of them. They need to be reminded that they are not above the law and should be treated as everyone else. Can anyone say 10-15? The only ones who support and appreciate us are McClain, McGrail, and Donnell.

The point of this post is to give my advice to anyone looking for a career in law enforcement to not apply to work at CCPD when we start hiring again. If you are not vested and have only been here a few years, start looking at other agencies. When this council is done it will take us at least 10 years to get back to the level of pay/benefits that we should be at. Unless you are stuck with a mortgage, don't waste your career here. Get he experience and get out. Other agencies have frozen pay raises, but there are only a handful that are doing to their employees what these councilmembers are planning for us. The people who work here are among the best in law enforcement and our administration treat us better than any other agency I have seen, but how long will it be before we stop caring and this just becomes a job.

If you know of other agencies hiring please add a link to this post so that others can check it out. If you are a councilmember stay off this site, we don't need your negative comments. This is not a message of surrender, we are still going to fight.

Re: Get out and don't apply at CCPD

Boo hoo hoo! Go cry a river to someone who cares. In case you didn't notice the boom years are over. During those years CCPD has gotten to be a fat overpaid hog of an agency and it's time to take it to slaughter. You want to cut and run go right ahead because nobody is going to miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Boo hoo hoo! Go cry a river to someone who cares. In case you didn't notice the boom years are over. During those years CCPD has gotten to be a fat overpaid hog of an agency and it's time to take it to slaughter. You want to cut and run go right ahead because nobody is going to miss you.
    Thanks John Q Public, except you may change your tune if you are the victim of a crime, which is becoming far more likely these days with all the riff-raff moving in town (which probably includes you).

Blue Flu ---my brothers---give them what the pay for..

No pay...no insurance ---no pension---no service to John-Q Public

But then again..John Q public really has no idea what is going on.

Let the civilians wait on response times---let them solve their own burglaries, assaults and batteries, and let them defend themselves on domestics, home invasions or robberies. Cut in pay means cut in service... Hope you dont need a Cop-firefighter or EMT?
    We will get their when we get their. We already are doing more with less. Cops and Firefighters are over worked now with all the damn cuts and these azzclowns on city council are killing what is left of morale.

Oh and dont think the Sherrif's office is gong to save you....they took even bigger cuts.

The Chief of police dont even care anymore about this place and it is trickling down.
    the Fire Chief is just a goofball who is a incompetent micro manager who plays statistical games with his call for service.

Quote Originally Posted by out in time
    Blue Flu ---my brothers---give them what the pay for..

No pay...no insurance ---no pension---no service to John-Q Public

But then again..John Q public really has no idea what is going on.

Let the civilians wait on response times---let them solve their own burglaries, assaults and batteries, and let them defend themselves on domestics, home invasions or robberies. Cut in pay means cut in service... Hope you dont need a Cop-firefighter or EMT?
    We will get their when we get their. We already are doing more with less. Cops and Firefighters are over worked now with all the darn cuts and these azzclowns on city council are killing what is left of morale.

Oh and dont think the Sherrif's office is gong to save you....they took even bigger cuts.

The Chief of police dont even care anymore about this place and it is trickling down.
    the Fire Chief is just a goofball who is a incompetent micro manager who plays statistical games with his call for service.
    I was sympathetic until I read this bull shit. The current council is a joke and no question is going to put some hurt on city employees (not just you -- it ain't all about you). But remember, they come and go every 4 years. They can do some damage but nothing that won't get fixed.

Then there are cops like you that give the CCPD a bad rep with citizens. How about finding appropriate ways of dealing with your dissatisfaction instead of threatening to make the citizens suffer the consequences of your displeasure? Moron.

Quote Originally Posted by River Phoenix
    Thanks John Q Public, except you may change your tune if you are the victim of a crime, which is becoming far more likely these days with all the riff-raff moving in town (which probably includes you).
    I've lived here 20 years. You can't pull the wool over my eyes when it comes to CCPD and how useless they've proven themselves to be, but nice try! :wink:

LOL, the departments always been heavy with overpaid doe eyed recruits fresh out of the academy who get the biggest hard on over a DUI stop. CCPD's incompetence and buffoonary is legendary.

How hard is it for you to understand? This site is for LEO's and this post is to offer information on other departments hiring. We don't want or care about your comments. Blog to the News-press if you need to spread your negativity; just stay off this site.

http://www.miamidade.gov/mdpd/careers-officer_tasks.asp

http://www.cityoforlando.net/police/misc/recruiting.htm

http://www.pascosheriff.com/webapps/emp001r.pgm

http://www.fpca.com/fpcajobsregionallists.htm

There are several departments hiring and all are looking for certified officers. Have to agree with the original post I am stuck here with too many years in to leave. Don't let loyalty hold you back, this place is going down the toilet, get out before it is too late.

I just heard they are planning to do away with the pension plan. I only have 2 years on and I am applying elsewhere. I need to think about my future and my family. This council is f***ed up. I agree don't come here this place is going to become a training ground. No one is going to stay, just get experience and get out to a city that appreciates it's cops.
    Can I be disciplined if I apply at other departments?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast