1% Elections Wednesday April 14th Central Station - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Jeff Giordano for pension board

The biggest problem is that Kerr is a good guy looking after the little guy; but when you have people on the board who can not tell their right from their left and making decision thats bad. Jeff is a good guy and should wait for next year election and give Kerr time to learn whatever he needs to put things in the right direction. Jeff can take out one of the other two who are a problem for the 1% fund. Then maybe Nazur will retire or not since he hasn't done anything for the past 15 years. Pack your bags an leave.

1% Elections Wednesday April 14th Central Station

Miami Police Relief and Pension (1%) Fund will be holding elections on Wednesday, April 14th from 0600 hrs. to 1700 hrs. at Central Station. I would hope you would consider me for your vote.

Currently serving as a trustee of the board as I have done so for the last two years, I am the only member of the board that is not a retiree or enrolled in the DROP program. I believe the board should consist of a cross section of the department and represent those near the end of their careers as well as those that have many more years to go.

During my time on the board, I have worked diligently to help the fund recover from the economic downturn and protect the fund from legislative efforts to redirect the state contributions. To allege, as my opponent has done, that any money has been misappropriated or misspent is insulting and irresponsible. To make broad accusations and spread rumors is tactless and shows that he is unable to articulate his goals and intentions. It is a shame that an individual that has never attended a board meeting would feel the need to lob such accusations against his fellow members. The election is not a joke to me and I take my service on the board seriously. I understand the massive responsibility of being a fiduciary for the fund and will strive to protect the fund and the monies accrued by my fellow brothers and sisters that serve with me every day. I would hope that all members will participate, vote, and become involved in the process.

Vote KERR this Wednesday, Central Station.

VOTE FOR VALENTIN

Re: 1% Elections Wednesday April 14th Central Station

Is that the same FIDUCIARY responsibility that you hold while you sit on the FOP Union Executive Board and as a trustee on the Pension Board? You ask for confidence, trust and support, but i say to you what have you done to stop all the corruption and the misappropriate spending of thousands of dollars on both..No my friend is insulting and irresponsible to vote for! You do the talk but come short when the pressures on.

I spoke to Javier Ortiz it is true a portion of our one percentcould be used for a city bail out with the marlins on a long term investment stradegy. He is backing the G man

Javi is right it is time for the G-man, remember most iventors creators, geniuses are usually instable. Lets give Jeff a chance

Guys remember two Lts. on the board and a sgt. we need an officer to fight for us. For the two Lts. they can only move up in rank to an appointed position such as commander or Major. They will sell there souls for rank, dont think for one minute they wouldnt invest our money with a marlins parking garage. I heard $15,000,000 from the fund is being considered for a city bailout. With a no return on the money for the first eight years and a 3 percent interest after that. Current board members I urge you to vote no to this. This is our money earn your rank!!!!!!!!! This is the buz at the MRC building. We need to stop this!!!!!! VOTE ON THE 14th. Unfortunately Giordano is our only choice, but lets give him a chance.

Re: 1% Elections Wednesday April 14th Central Station

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Is that the same FIDUCIARY responsibility that you hold while you sit on the FOP Union Executive Board and as a trustee on the Pension Board? You ask for confidence, trust and support, but i say to you what have you done to stop all the corruption and the misappropriate spending of thousands of dollars on both..No my friend is insulting and irresponsible to vote for! You do the talk but come short when the pressures on.

No, actually members of the FOP executive board don’t hold a specific fiduciary responsibility that a trustee of a pension fund holds. Nor do they require the same insurance or training. As far as “misappropriate spending on both” I would be happy to explain any expenditure incurred by the 1% board during my tenure. If you can find ONE DOLLAR that has been misspent by the fund, let me know.

Good questions though. Thanks for participating. Vote KERR.

I spoke to Javier Ortiz it is true a portion of our one percentcould be used for a city bail out with the marlins on a long term investment stradegy. He is backing the G man
    I've recieved several calls this morning about this post on GOSSIP AFFAIRS about someone stating I said 1% monies are being used for the Miami Marlins Stadium. If you don't see my icon and name by the post, don't give it any credibility. The Miami Fraternal Order of Police endorses Dan Kerr for the 1% Board.
    If you want true facts about what is going on with your union, please sign up on fopmiami.com and stay informed.

P.S. Jeff, your cookies and bagels at roll calls won't protect our much deserved 1% monies when we retire. If you are so concened about our 1%, stop spreading rumors about corruption and show me some cold hard facts. With all your experience of working in PIO, do a public records request or get a subpeona and show the
    membership all this fraud that you say is going on. I heard they need more guys in the public corruption unit. Maybe you should apply.

Fraternally,
    Sgt Javier Ortiz, Vice President
    Miami Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge #20

Nice try Kerr. Guys we need to break this Fop city hall One percent tie immediately or good buy one percent. Kerr has been there for 3 years if he hasnt learned anything yet it will not happen. make everything transparent, attorney public records request, obviously they are hiding for a reason.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast