patrol cars - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: patrol cars

Re: patrol cars

Rusty is Ford boy and will never stray

Im not complaining, but why are we getting so many 2010 patrol cars? Were replacing 2006s that have lots of life left, why not take a PAY increase instead???

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Im not complaining, but why are we getting so many 2010 patrol cars? Were replacing 2006s that have lots of life left, why not take a PAY increase instead???

Dont know where you are getting your facts but the 2006's they are taking off the road are 90k-100k mile cars......well past there usefull life span as a police vehicle. At this point, the 2006's with high miles would cost more to maintain than buying a new vehicle. Also, if we kept the 2006's with 100k on the road right now, by time the next cycle of vehicles came thru the cars would have 130k miles +. In turn costing the agency tons of money in maint costs, haveing unsafe/unreliable vehicles, and getting less money for them at auction when they get traded. Looks to me like fleet is doing the best they can with what they got. I just wish that before makeing any rash decisions about where to go after the crown vic, they have a panel of Deputies try various police package vehicles out and look at the pros and cons of each.

Ciolino has always pushed this.

Ask him exactly what he thinks.

Then compare that to Rusty.

I would be interested to know...

Just be lucky you have a job and a car and stop complaining. You must be ROOKIE and part of me me generation

Just be lucky you have a job and a car and stop complaining. You must be ROOKIE and part of me me generation
    Shut up! You dinosaurs get walked all over because you have that "lucky to have a job" attitude. It's OUR time now, so shut it.

Whatever vehicle the agency decides on, get in the d@mn thing and start 65ing. Take note of how many times you leave "occupation" blank on your CRs and bookings. Whatever car they give you to drive for free, with a gas card for free, that you can drive just about anywhere you want for free, and surf the internet for free, will be better than what most people in the county are getting from thier boss.

I totally agree!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12