DEP using local Sheriff's Agency - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: DEP using local Sheriff's Agency

Oh and if you are a deputy or PD officer, I would love to see you 10-50 a vehicle outside your jurisdiction and take action, IE write a ticket, make an arrest etc. for simple infractions or misdemeanors without needing to call the local agency. I bet your supervisor would highly frown on that and tell you you cannot do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    No one is ragging on DEP in general. I know many within your agency and they are friends of mine. As for Doctrate degree----You had better go back and re read my post NEVER did I even mention PHD. I do have A MCJ degree but why would I have a PHD and be doing this job. Come on thats silly. I am well aware of FDEP authority. I am not sure what supervisor you have but I can tell you the ones I know about with your agency. Doing just the things I listed are Tabboo within your agency. That comes from more than one of your districts so I think your perception is in the minority. Your can claim ignorance all you want but I was stating FACTS not spouting off state statutes. We are all LE and act throught Florida thats wasnt my intentions of notation. Get past your juristdictional holier than though. I too can act in other counties. Whoopie that is not the point. But hey I wish you well in your stops from park to park county to county. Whatever works for you but I have a feeling your boss isnt going to agree with that. That is not your mission. Oh and for the record never even applied with your agency. I would LOVE to do your job just couldnt take the pay cut. Too many years in to those paygrades

Guest, please re-read your earlier posts. All of them have been negative, you have been ragging on DEP, and I would also like to know which "County SO" you belong to for a number of reasons. 1. you state you know "many within our agency". Since you know so much about our agency, I'm sure you are aware how few of us there are. In many cases you have 1 or 2 Officers covering multiple counties. There are 2 LTs per region, my region's LTs are stationed over 100 miles from each other. I'm not personally aware of any region where 2 LTs work in the same county where you can observe their leadership style. My LT supports me, he allows me to arrest as many people and write as many citations as I want whether inside or outside a park. 2. Based on your past posts, I wouldn't want a friend like you. 3. Where did you get your Masters degree? Your spelling and sentence composition has been at the level of a 10th grader. 4. You don't know our policies and the "facts" you post are borne out of ignorance. As the other guest stated, try to enforce traffic laws or make arrests outside of your jurisdiction and see what your supervisor says. I would imagine at the least, you will face some sort of corrective action. I can be stationed in Miami and make traffic stops or arrests anywhere in the state without worry. To date, your posts have simply reinforced my previous opinion that you have either never been in law enforcement or washed out of the process.

No one is ragging on DEP in general. I know many within your agency and they are friends of mine. As for Doctrate degree----You had better go back and re read my post NEVER did I even mention PHD. I do have A MCJ degree but why would I have a PHD and be doing this job. Come on thats silly. I am well aware of FDEP authority. I am not sure what supervisor you have but I can tell you the ones I know about with your agency. Doing just the things I listed are Tabboo within your agency. That comes from more than one of your districts so I think your perception is in the minority. Your can claim ignorance all you want but I was stating FACTS not spouting off state statutes. We are all LE and act throught Florida thats wasnt my intentions of notation. Get past your juristdictional holier than though. I too can act in other counties. Whoopie that is not the point. But hey I wish you well in your stops from park to park county to county. Whatever works for you but I have a feeling your boss isnt going to agree with that. That is not your mission. Oh and for the record never even applied with your agency. I would LOVE to do your job just couldnt take the pay cut. Too many years in to those paygrades

Oh and if you are a deputy or PD officer, I would love to see you 10-50 a vehicle outside your jurisdiction and take action, IE write a ticket, make an arrest etc. for simple infractions or misdemeanors without needing to call the local agency. I bet your supervisor would highly frown on that and tell you you cannot do it.

No moron unlike you we are deputized in surrounding counties. As for deputies not being allowed to stop people. Are you watching cartoons or something. I know of 67 counties in Florida and I have yet to see a Deputy Sheriff not be allowed to do a simple traffic stop. Ill be frank with being deputized outside of my originating Agency is not a big deal. I could personally care less. When I am off I am off. I carry a gun and badge but I can assure I am not playing cop. You will get past that after you get off probation. Writting tickets and making misdermeanor arrest is not why we are deputized outside of our county. It is for those that patral boundaries can act if needed and not have to worry about the other agency. I will be honest. If I have to stop someone in another county it is usually for more than a traffic infraction. I dont get off on tickets and arrests sorry. As for Florida Peace officers taking action outside of their geogreaphical areas. I can assure you that is in every general order youll find especially for a felony and the protection of life. Because I know the agency doesnt want the liability of why a uniformed officer in his ir her crusier did not act. That is deriliction of duty As for my agency man I know my agency has quirks buts I look past the small stuff. I do my tour and go home to my family. I have a State Pension, benefits, take home car, everything provided down to my socks. I make good money and have plenty of hire back/

With this economy I do not take that for granted. So I really dont have anything to complain to you about when you are not with my agency. As for my supervisor I can not recall him telling me to write a report when the Sheriff's Office already worked it. Kinda silly dont you think.

If I may educate you how Police & Sheriffs work in Florida. Many agencies were outside of their current geographical areas. That is warrants units are Deputized US Marshalls and Narcotics Units deputized DEA with shield credentials and all. As far as me working Biketoberfest, Gasparilla, Hurricanes etc, Their is new thing under Florida law called Mutual aid. As long as the CHIEF agency of the jurisdiction you are within ( Meaning a Sheriff's Office) the scope of the law. Please try and get past your boundary issues. Their is no reason for me to be driving around in my green and white off duty out of my assigned area looking for stuff. Thats including outside my district. That why their are other districts. I do not need to drive ten counties away to get my radar caliberated or my tires changed and worry about monthlys or p-card expenses. That stuff is all done at a fleet office (agency garage). Lets understand one thing you do not PATROL COUNTIES in Florida. You patrol State Parks within Counties of Florida. Their is quite a diffrence. As for 2 Lts within a region. They are in charge of the officers in those parks located within counties throughout Florida. Dont make this out like your patrolling a turnpike or something all day taking crashes or patrolling the ICW in several counties doing vessel stops. I am well aware of your mission. The great thing about my agency I enjoy is out of 20 years I am yet to get bored. I can transfer to Warrants, Marine,Aviation,Traffic,Agriculture,Courts,Parks and even CIB and etc. Again you have a GREAT job. Enjoy it for what it is. You Rarely take calls,Your work is proactive,Great cars even with new accreditation stickers being attached.You only work days.You get to TOT major crimes to to other agencies, You do get some hireback. If your agency would up its pay by about $30,000.00 Id be all over it. Police are also the same way or at least middle to bigger agencies. I know all the school police,bch police, city police,airport police,campus police (several agencies) in our county are deputized so they make act outside of their assigned areas if need be. Good luck to and dont sweat the small stuff.

Guest, I would love for you to tell me what Sheriffs office you work for because it must be unique if you are "deputized" to work in other counties. Like other posters on here, I currently work for DEP but I am a retired Police officer and previously was a road Deputy for a Sheriffs Office. Many agencies have mutual aid pacts, but it does not allow you to drive around in other agencies looking for tickets or arrests. Additionally, these mutual aid pacts are generally limited to the jurisdiction adjacent to yours, not one over or further. It is primarily in place to allow a Police officer or Deputy to make an arrest or issue a ticket under exigent circumstances without fear of it being thrown out due to jurisdictional issues, these arrests and citations are the exception and not the rule. If you conduct an enforcement action that does not fall under those circumstances, you could face action from your agency and it could result in problems with the jurisdiction that you enforced the action. Regarding officers and deputies being deputized by dea or us marshall, this is normally within a task force and the authority is very narrowly defined. You are briefed on your limitations. In other words, if you are making traffic stops and arrests for minor offenses while not actively involved in a case, you are going to find yourself transferred out if you go beyond their guidelines.

If I may educate you how Police & Sheriffs work in Florida. Many agencies were outside of their current geographical areas. That is warrants units are Deputized US Marshalls and Narcotics Units deputized DEA with shield credentials and all. As far as me working Biketoberfest, Gasparilla, Hurricanes etc, Their is new thing under Florida law called Mutual aid. As long as the CHIEF agency of the jurisdiction you are within ( Meaning a Sheriff's Office) the scope of the law. Please try and get past your boundary issues. Their is no reason for me to be driving around in my green and white off duty out of my assigned area looking for stuff. Thats including outside my district. That why their are other districts. I do not need to drive ten counties away to get my radar caliberated or my tires changed and worry about monthlys or p-card expenses. That stuff is all done at a fleet office (agency garage). Lets understand one thing you do not PATROL COUNTIES in Florida. You patrol State Parks within Counties of Florida. Their is quite a diffrence. As for 2 Lts within a region. They are in charge of the officers in those parks located within counties throughout Florida. Dont make this out like your patrolling a turnpike or something all day taking crashes or patrolling the ICW in several counties doing vessel stops. I am well aware of your mission. The great thing about my agency I enjoy is out of 20 years I am yet to get bored. I can transfer to Warrants, Marine,Aviation,Traffic,Agriculture,Courts,Parks and even CIB and etc. Again you have a GREAT job. Enjoy it for what it is. You Rarely take calls,Your work is proactive,Great cars even with new accreditation stickers being attached.You only work days.You get to TOT major crimes to to other agencies, You do get some hireback. If your agency would up its pay by about $30,000.00 Id be all over it. Police are also the same way or at least middle to bigger agencies. I know all the school police,bch police, city police,airport police,campus police (several agencies) in our county are deputized so they make act outside of their assigned areas if need be. Good luck to and dont sweat the small stuff.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789