DEP using local Sheriff's Agency
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

DEP using local Sheriff's Agency

http://www.abcactionnews.com/content...zvt7VFOMg.cspx

Exactly why is it that DEP Park Patrol always boasts about how "GREAT THEY ARE" and that they have "Statewide Jurisdiction" and they are a "full service agency" - but when stuff happens in the park - other than a leash violation or open container -they always call in the local Sheriff's Agency? If I were a State Legislator, I would take a serious look at the "full service" provided by this State Agency and whether or not it is really worth the money to the tax payers.

Re: DEP using local Sheriff's Agency

They are morons. DEP law enforcement should be the 1st to be cut

Why is it people come on here and bit@@ about how bad they think we are. WE all have loser tools that work for us, your agency is no different then ours.

How about you go back to your perfect agencies website on LEO affairs and get the F off ours. Are you jealous about the whole statewide thing?? Go pay the tickets you got from us and get a life.

I used to work for a more traditional law enforcement agency and then came to work for a state agency in Florida. With all due respect to my co-workers, it is amazing that more issues aren't handled in house. I understand we don't have the equipment or training, but the officers I work with would be more than capable of handling the "major incidents". On the other hand, sheriff's offices in Florida are deadset against a state police force and tend to step in to validate their importance. I don't want to leave the state and go back and I enjoyed traditional police work. Every agency could do things a little better, that's all I'm saying.

Except FHP, they are the best ever and they have personality to match. Just Kidding....

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I used to work for a more traditional law enforcement agency and then came to work for a state agency in Florida. With all due respect to my co-workers, it is amazing that more issues aren't handled in house. I understand we don't have the equipment or training, but the officers I work with would be more than capable of handling the "major incidents". On the other hand, sheriff's offices in Florida are deadset against a state police force and tend to step in to validate their importance. I don't want to leave the state and go back and I enjoyed traditional police work. Every agency could do things a little better, that's all I'm saying.

Except FHP, they are the best ever and they have personality to match. Just Kidding....

Good post, I couldn't agree with you more. Some areas of the state do handle more then others, it is the typical problem all LE deal with, some work hard and some do not.

Thanks for the positive post.

Don't get too comfortable glorified park rangers.....your day with budget cuts are coming

Quote Originally Posted by Newsreader
    http://www.abcactionnews.com/content...zvt7VFOMg.cspx

Exactly why is it that DEP Park Patrol always boasts about how "GREAT THEY ARE" and that they have "Statewide Jurisdiction" and they are a "full service agency" - but when stuff happens in the park - other than a leash violation or open container -they always call in the local Sheriff's Agency? If I were a State Legislator, I would take a serious look at the "full service" provided by this State Agency and whether or not it is really worth the money to the tax payers.
    Maybe the supervisor who is in charge of Hillsborough Park doesn't know how to do a death investigation? Ya never know....

I think they should merge FWC, DEP, and AG

Hey! Why are you picking on us? Leave the FWC out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by FWC
    Hey! Why are you picking on us? Leave the FWC out of this.
    DOT and FHP should be one agency as well.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast