Attempted murder of SSO patrol deputy - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Attempted murder of SSO patrol deputy

If you knew the law then you would know those two could have been shot dead on the spot.They got off easy, lets hope the SAO holds true to thier word and they get prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

This story is very interesting because police officers are supposed to be trained in verbal diffusion of altercations and also to be trained to toss off physical attacks. To the casual bystander, it plainly looks like a couple of police officers marched right into the middle of a fight looking to get hit by a couple of college kids. Once that happened, 4 or 5 on 1 free for all where the cops got in as many cracks as they could before things calmed down. When a police officer is "treated and released" I wouldnt call that attempted murder, I would call that assault.....that guy shown in the mugshot, however, would appear as excessive force, police brutality AND attempted murder. I certainly hope this guys charges can be dropped so the lawsuits can start rolling and the police can go back to what they do best, crouching in the weeds looking for speed and overweight violations.

Quote Originally Posted by guest345345
    This story is very interesting because police officers are supposed to be trained in verbal diffusion of altercations and also to be trained to toss off physical attacks. To the casual bystander, it plainly looks like a couple of police officers marched right into the middle of a fight looking to get hit by a couple of college kids. Once that happened, 4 or 5 on 1 free for all where the cops got in as many cracks as they could before things calmed down. When a police officer is "treated and released" I wouldn't call that attempted murder, I would call that assault.....that guy shown in the mugshot, however, would appear as excessive force, police brutality AND attempted murder. I certainly hope this guys charges can be dropped so the lawsuits can start rolling and the police can go back to what they do best, crouching in the weeds looking for speed and overweight violations.

Agreed, I think that cops shouldn't be allowed to go near bars at all. There should be a free zone. If people want to fight then let them. We are much happier writing tickets. It is easier and requires way less paperwork and the more I write the more money I make. Drunks should be allowed to be drunk.

A Policeman is a composite of what all men are, mingling of a saint and sinner, dust and deity.
    Gulled statistics wave the fan over the stinkers, underscore instances of dishonesty and brutality because they are "new". What they really mean is that they are exceptional, unusual, not commonplace.
    Buried under the frost is the fact: Less than one-half of one percent of policemen misfit the uniform. That's a better average than you'd find among clergy!
    What is a policeman made of? He, of all men, is once the most needed and the most unwanted. He's a strangely nameless creature who is "sir" to his face and "pig" to his back
    He must be such a diplomat that he can settle differences between individuals so that each will think he won.
    But...If the policeman is neat, he's conceited; if he's careless, he's a bum. If he's pleasant, he's flirting;if not, he's a grouch.
    He must make an instant decision which would require months for a lawyer to make.
    But...If he hurries, he's careless; if he's deliberate, he's lazy. He must be first to an accident and infallible with his diagnosis. He must be able to start breathing, stop bleeding, tie splints and, above all, be sure the victim goes home without a limp. Or expect to be sued.
    The police officer must know every gun, draw on the run, and hit where it doesn't hurt.He must be able to whip two men twice his size and half his age without damaging his uniform and without being "brutal". If you hit him, he's a coward. If he hits you, he's a bully.
    A policeman must know everything-and not tell. He must know where all the sin is and not partake.
    A policeman must, from a single strand of hair, be able to describe the crime, the weapon and the criminal- and tell you where the criminal is hiding.
    But...If he catches the criminal, he's lucky; if he doesn't, he's a dunce. If he gets promoted, he has political pull; if he doesn't, he's a dullard. The policeman must chase a bum lead to a dead-end, stake out ten nights to tag one witness who saw it happen-but refused to remember.
    The policeman must be a minister, a social worker, a diplomat, a tough guy and a gentleman.
    And, of course, he'd have to be genius....For he will have to feed a family on a policeman's salary.

-Paul Harvey

Know your job description before you accept the calling...

With all the negativity above....Can't we all just get along?

Now for my real comments..The Paul Harvey quote is right on and is each time I have read it. All the above who think we are just a bunch of over zealous thugs and the two drunks are (As Curly would say) "Victim's of circumstance." Whatever.
    I suppose you above Law abiding citizens, think what the two did was cool or hip or a You tube opportunity.

Go to hell. You are the type of cowards that would stand there and watch as an Old lady gets mugged. Oh it's the cops job. What if it was your Grandma?
    Maybe or maybe not it was 5 on two. I wasn't there. Considering they were in a bar full of trouble makers and drunks the odds are actually very BAD.
    See we train to win and fight the same way. At any given moment the bar crowd could have turned on these guys and they would have been greatly outnumbered. But there was obviously some common sense or maybe a tad of respect from the other patrons that didn't get involved. Clearly no common sense used by the two drunks.

It's always the cops fault. There bullies looking for a fight. To finish up, all you tuff guys who posted the negative comments...it's simple. DON'T CALL us. Handle it yourself if you are the victim of a crime. You obviously have all the answer and better judgment. So have at it.

Then you can spin it anyway you want, that your such a big hero. Red or blue, some of you sound like morons. You wouldn't last an hour in my or "Our shoes" and would be terrified where I (we) work on a daily basis.

Have a wonderful day.......

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Know your job description before you accept the calling...
    Hey Guest I think you r a lil confused!

Perhaps you are interpreting the PH quote as complaining! If so u r sorely mistaken. I think the poster was attempting to provide some insight as to what it is like to be a police officer to some of the morons who posted in this thread.

Just the facts and reality of the job d-bag....not complaining!!! :idea: :snicker:

I do believe that those who are complaining about the treatment of these two honor students have probably had a wee taste of the handcuffs in the past, don't ya know. They may have also been privileged to have taken a short ride on the Tazer!

Or is the phrase "press heavy, you are making copies" still ringing in your gentle ears?

Nope... Never interpreted the PH quote as a complaint. Nope...never been tazored or handcuffed....just been miffed by cops blowing by me on the highway doing 90 or 100 without the lights, watching local cops drag race at 2am when I work night shift, watching cops give out ticket after ticket for trivial things without ever giving a friendly warning, noticed how hot chicks get off for speeding a lot, watched cops bully instead of interogate/investigate, watch the whole system rush to judgement, get annoyed when you ask them a question, and in this case notice that these drunk kids basically got trashed. The point of the original post was that someone posted that he wished he was there. He sounded like he wanted to just mix it up and get in his licks. If these kids were struck after they were subdued and handcuffed, then I would think that something is wrong there. The numerous posts by officers have been both intelligent and moronic. Never intended to criticize your role in society unless you rise above the laws you enforce. I know your job is tough. My job is tough too and so is the other guys. In closing, Have a nice day and remember you guys work for us.

in this case notice that these drunk kids basically got trashed.
    The "kids" didn't get a thrashing. However, when one of these "children" (your term) sneak up behind an officer and unexpectedly attack an officer by grabbing him around his neck and putting him in a choke-hold and refusing to release him after other officers told him to stop and tried to make the "child" release the officer -- we have a serious problem here. This "child" may fantasize that this is like "caged fighting" (like on TV), but it isn't. The "child" attacked the officer simply because the officers were arresting his friend for disorderly intoxication. By the way, the "child" is a legal adult, per state law -- and he will pay the appropriate adult penalty for "choking out" an officer from behind.

If you put your hands on the police -- and if you "choke out" an officer in a choke hold -- then you can expect the worst treatment from responding officers. The child should thank his lucky stars that he's alive. This isn't TV. This is reality.

We are not supermen. We are just ordinary Joes who are empowered by the full authority of the State to keep the peace and to quell riots. We are given tools above and beyond what most ordinary law abiding citizens have, such as pepper spray, tasers, clubs, pistols, shotguns, rifles and 9mm machine guns (yes, we have machine guns, though they aren't displayed).

You may be able to kick my arse, but you'd better be prepared to kick the arses of the 100 cops who are going to follow right behind me. And if you defeat them, then you'd better be prepared to defeat society -- because we represent society. We uphold the rights of law abiding citizens -- and we temporarily take away the rights of the dregs of society -- and sometimes we even kill (execute) people, such as when a judge signs a death warrant.

We are sworn to uphold the laws of the land and we do our best, even though it frequently inconveniences the dregs of society.

and remember you guys work for us.
    I don't work for you. You can't terminate me, nor can you give me a pay raise. The only power you have over me is when you go to the polls. You can't even take care of yourself, so how are you going to take care of us? :roll:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast