Step Plan probably to be frozen permanently
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Step Plan probably to be frozen permanently

One of our not so optimistic union reps seems to believe that the step plan is not going to be coming back ever. If it is able to come back, it will most likely be drastically altered to the point that the steps will not be as frequent and not as large. Anyone else have any insight on this. The step plan is the main reason I chose TPD over some other agencies.

We'll get it back for 2011

Well Pam said it was when she included 4 million in next years budget for them, take it from her no me:

"We cannot just continue to put together budgets that do not include step increases,"-Pam Iorio earlier this month

Re: Step Plan probably to be frozen permanently

too bad it's not up to Pam

too bad it's not up to Pam
    Its 100% up to Pam.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Corporal

Step Plan = Back to work.

No Step Plan = Let it burn.

Quite simple.

I didn't believe this until I heard the othe day from one of our reps. I feel bad for the new guys

Based on the Quote from the Mayor in the paper, I call BS on this entire post and predict the step is back next fiscal year. Why would she make that statement if there was no intention on bringing the step back this year? Last year she tells the papers we can't afford it, this year she says we have to fund it. She would not have said that if they planned to take the same stance. There is no other logical explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Based on the Quote from the Mayor in the paper, I call BS on this entire post and predict the step is back next fiscal year. Why would she make that statement if there was no intention on bringing the step back this year? Last year she tells the papers we can't afford it, this year she says we have to fund it. She would not have said that if they planned to take the same stance. There is no other logical explanation.
    I hope you are right but if you truly understood how our city government works, you probably would not be so optimistic. we will most likely not get the step back for a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    this guy obviously is new and does not understand how the gov works

For her to say she plans to fund it is politicaly unpopular right now. Last year she said from the start its not being funded. Why this year is she saying she is going to funded it if she is not. Why would she aggravate a sensative subject with that statement, when she could have just followed the current situation. It did not any have to be mentioned. Please educate me on this goverment strategy. Perhaps, it does not fit in the disgruntle employee logic. She has given us the biggest salary increases of any mayor in the last 20 years and increased our pensions from 2.50 to 3.15%, but because of one year she asked for a wage freeze due to property values dropping nearly 50% and for the first time in the history of the city we are in an era of revenue actualing reversing and she suddenly is our enemy. Becareful what you wish for, because you don't know who is going to have that seat after her....you may not have this good the next 4-8 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast