I'm not surprised
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

I'm not surprised

On some recent days off, I took a fishing trip to a lake in central Florida. On Saturday morning, while Mrs. River Veteran and I fished along the shoreline, two FWC officers approached us in a marked vessel. After the usual small talk, they checked our fishing licenses and safety equipment. The older officer recognized my name and we talked about an area we used to work together years ago. They wished us a pleasant day and motored off. I was impressed with their demeanor, courtesy, and appearance. I was proud to know I was part of a group of such professional law enforcement officers.

Re: I'm not surprised

You are so gay man

I am surprised how gay you are RV.

Actually, not much was going on here so I thought I'd start something. That was just a test to see if some of you are still walking through life in a pissed-off mood. There's at least two of you already...and #2 couldn't even come up with an original thought!

I'm not surprised that they didn't find all the fish you had stashed in your special hiding place.

Now see, there you go again. I just relayed a nice little story about some good FWC officers and being proud of the agency I work for, and the only three replies have been smart-ass little comments. At a time when most people are happy to just have a job, we have one of the best jobs you could ask for. People tell me nearly every day how much they'd love to have a job that would allow them to do the things we do. Yet when a fellow officer expresses pride in his career and fellow officers, the same crowd that spends all day moaning about not making enough money will be the first ones to express a piss-poor attitude about their agency. Just how much should we pay you to go around putting down your agency and it's employees?

Well you said you wanted to start something. Did you expect everyone to say "I know its great making less than half of what other officers make after five years, but it'll be awsome working for 30 years, with my pension capped at 70%, with FRS going to a 2% multiplier, AND paying $1000 a month for insurance". I know the retirement changes haven't come yet, but, if they do, how will you be able to look young new officers in the eye and tell them its a great job? I know the work is enjoyable, but there's more to a career than having fun.

Then get lost, but while you're here stop bad-mouthing the very agency that sends you a paycheck! The reason some of you are here is because you know you wouldn't last a week in the private world where you actually had to produce. If it's that bad, get outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by River Veteran
    Then get lost, but while you're here stop bad-mouthing the very agency that sends you a paycheck! The reason some of you are here is because you know you wouldn't last a week in the private world where you actually had to produce. If it's that bad, get outta here.
    AMEN!

One of my relatives works with you so I like to read things here sometimes. Some people don't like the RiverVeteran guy, but it seem to me that what he says makes good sense. I'm on the outside, but it seems right to support the company you work for while you are there and try to have a good attitude.A lot of people would love to have a good job like yours but it sounds like so many people always complain about everything.Maybe you should have a good attitude for a change and be thankful for all your blessings. There a some of us who have it a lot worse in life and do not complain as much as you do.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast