Trim some fat - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trim some fat

Re: Trim some fat

Quote Originally Posted by not bitter
    Guys (and gals), ask the Captain that nominated him for the award what his/her criteria and reasoning was. Maybe the Captain saw something and thought he truly does a good job.

I think that if you really have a problem with him, you should talk to him in person and call him to the mat. I bet he would gladly talk to whoever it is, face to face, without a problem. Posting "anonymous" comments on here will never "iron" out your issues.

I took the time to speak to the guy and ask the questions first hand, so I could get the real information. You should try to do the same. He may surprise you as to why things are and how things come about.

I, being a new guy, personally think that the guy is 10-8. He will always back you up and he is a good cop. He has shown me that he has experience and knowledge. I do not see how he could be hinderance to anybody in this department. He is a regular guy that works the road and an extra person to help us out.

I refuse to be poisoned by a few that hate because they do not understand.
    I will agree with this post. Why doesn't anybody that has a personal problem with the guy grow a set of jewels and stand up to the guy? What do you have to lose?

Oh, yeah, and boycotting the award ceremony was a real mature way to handle it too!

If anybody would have thought it out, maybe somebody would have invited commissioners, the Mayor, civic leaders, activists in our community and anyone important, that, when those people would have heard the reasons why the officers got the awards they got, they would have realized the class "A" department Hallandale has and then the only thought there would have been to protect the officers and want to keep them happy with raises and a favorable contract.

Instead, the only people that realized the boycott were yourselves and nobody cared. Genius, real genius.

Stop fighting the stupid stuff and start fighting for yourselves! Forget the part-time program, it does not affect you. Other than one person, ther rest are regular road guys.

Over and out!

The last person that went to Nadler and spoke one on one, Nadler went to S1. I would love to talk man to man...He is a nice guy but has no clue what the chain of command is...When a sgt tells him to take a call and he says 54 and goes to S unit and dodges that call it will not help his case. Those of you that are making these post must have not worked the road long or never at all. Post your names if you support him...We have fear from above...we know if we talk bad we get a time out...so you have nothing to be worried about if you support him...STAND UP AND JOIN THE ROLL CALL. Sound OFF for his support with your name..Come on and wake up...Your lost in the sauce if you belive what your saying...And stop worring about the part timers? MMMMM that's money that could go to the road. It would be nice to have a taser or computer that works. So if your a chair warrior trying to make a point give it up...you will never change the minds of the guys on the road. Nadler is the only one that can change our minds...Take a zone buddy (west) and humps some calls...earn your keep and then I'll tip my hat off to you.

Quote Originally Posted by chess game
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry
    You wanna trim fat? Cut out these darn retired officers making 100k as retired city workers and hired back at 100k jobs. This drives me crazy to see retired Capt and Majs working ADMIN jobs that are taking away from Sgt spots that can help our promotions. Not one person can give me one good reason why we have a civilian heading up training....That was a Sgt post since I've been here...How 'bout Linda? Cut that job and give it to a working officer....Norm and Nick???? What a waste! That's some money we can put away. Put one officer up there and let them better their career. We all know Mamma is gonna get hired back doing some BS job making good money...Also, am I the only one scratching my head seeing the Capts and Majs working details? YOU people need to learn how to lead and stop being managers. OFFICERS come first. But go on suck up every detail while we "try" to get by. Wow! My eyes are open now and I see what and where my place is in Hallandale...
    I think it's time for the vote of no confidence! That will send a clear message to the city manager, mayor and commissioners :!:

The problem with your suggestion is that the city manager could care less. He simply concerned about himself. The bigwigs get away with anything they want. It's like the old adage; don't send the wolf to guard the henhouse. If we had the guts there needs to be two votes on no confidence.

I think I read somewhere that Hollywood's city manager turned down a pay raise for himself due to the budget...If that's true than that's being a good leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The last person that went to Nadler and spoke one on one, Nadler went to S1. I would love to talk man to man...He is a nice guy but has no clue what the chain of command is...When a sgt tells him to take a call and he says 54 and goes to S unit and dodges that call it will not help his case. Those of you that are making these post must have not worked the road long or never at all. Post your names if you support him...We have fear from above...we know if we talk bad we get a time out...so you have nothing to be worried about if you support him...STAND UP AND JOIN THE ROLL CALL. Sound OFF for his support with your name..Come on and wake up...Your lost in the sauce if you belive what your saying...And stop worring about the part timers? MMMMM that's money that could go to the road. It would be nice to have a taser or computer that works. So if your a chair warrior trying to make a point give it up...you will never change the minds of the guys on the road. Nadler is the only one that can change our minds...Take a zone buddy (west) and humps some calls...earn your keep and then I'll tip my hat off to you.
    Ok. I would agree if that was the case, but please get your facts straight. He did not go to cry to S1. Ever stop to think that others will get the news to S1 fitst in an attempt to difuse a situation? Then S1 becomes aware of the issue but everybody believes it is Nadler running to S1. The call you are referring to that he dodged, was a call that he questioned the Sgt. and asked for help in handling. He did not dodge any call. After reading all the anti-S1 posts all over this board, since when are you afraid of S1? Regarding the money, you mention tasers and computers that work. Why don't you ask Nadler how he was responsible in brokering a deal that allowed all the old tasers to be bought from the city so that money could be used to buy new tasers? Please ask around and realize that Nadler has worked 1 and 2 zones longer than some of you have been cops. By the way, next time you go talk to Nadler about a new Blackberry or your phone broke or your bill was wrong or you need an accessory, you may want to speak to him about these issues and straighten them out. He is good for a lot more than just fixing cell phone issues.

Great thats what we want now! The reserve guys working our zones. So we can get a raise for what? I really don't need Nadler working my zone. I'm just happy there is someone there taking my 94's and 10-105. Going back he has worked 1-2 zone for many years you can just ask Ralph M or your new sgt who put him there plenty of times. Get on with it and just try to get us more $$$ and new cars. Will the senior guys ever get new cars?

i don't know about all of the dirty stuff but i can only opine about what i see. i got no problems with Nadler personally nor does what he does at work affect me. but when looking at the officer of the quarter award, i have to say that he was given a task to complete by his supervisor and went and did it. he also had the ability to concentrate on that task alone, without having to handle any other responsibilities. just go and do a single task that you are told to do. while he handled that task and handled it well, i don't think given the situation his accomplishment was that remarkable. there are tango units who write that many tickets and still handle accidents, duis, and other traffic, so writing those tickets when its your only task doesnt look to me as being something spectacular. he completed his assigned task and to his credit, he did a good job. however, in that same quarter officers were nominated for many things that went above normal assigned tasks, including apprehending armed robbers, etc. which i think takes precedence over regular duties. obviously, since we see who got the award, others do not agree. i do think there was a personal agenda for the nomination, since management seems to consistently drool all over themselves as soon as one of their special designees does anything more than just show up and loves to tout their "huge historical" accomplishments. while i dont take away from the good things these poeple do, i think once again it raises the anger level of the majority who go out there and do equal or better things and never here a word from the same management. so i agree that some of the lash outs are over the top or misdirected, but i also think its a symptom of the increasing poor morale and work environment.

“Management is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success; leadership determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall.”

Are you kidding me, the only reason the Captainess put Nadler in for an award was because she's so far in the hole that it was again the only way for her to look like she's got blood instead of ice water in her veins.[quote=28?]
    Quote Originally Posted by "not bitter":2fipz1ez
    Guys (and gals), ask the Captain that nominated him for the award what his/her criteria and reasoning was. Maybe the Captain saw something and thought he truly does a good job.

I think that if you really have a problem with him, you should talk to him in person and call him to the mat. I bet he would gladly talk to whoever it is, face to face, without a problem. Posting "anonymous" comments on here will never "iron" out your issues.

I took the time to speak to the guy and ask the questions first hand, so I could get the real information. You should try to do the same. He may surprise you as to why things are and how things come about.

I, being a new guy, personally think that the guy is 10-8. He will always back you up and he is a good cop. He has shown me that he has experience and knowledge. I do not see how he could be hinderance to anybody in this department. He is a regular guy that works the road and an extra person to help us out.

I refuse to be poisoned by a few that hate because they do not understand.
    I will agree with this post. Why doesn't anybody that has a personal problem with the guy grow a set of jewels and stand up to the guy? What do you have to lose?

Oh, yeah, and boycotting the award ceremony was a real mature way to handle it too!

If anybody would have thought it out, maybe somebody would have invited commissioners, the Mayor, civic leaders, activists in our community and anyone important, that, when those people would have heard the reasons why the officers got the awards they got, they would have realized the class "A" department Hallandale has and then the only thought there would have been to protect the officers and want to keep them happy with raises and a favorable contract.

Instead, the only people that realized the boycott were yourselves and nobody cared. Genius, real genius.

Stop fighting the stupid stuff and start fighting for yourselves! Forget the part-time program, it does not affect you. Other than one person, ther rest are regular road guys.

Over and out![/quote:2fipz1ez]

Quote Originally Posted by DBA
    i don't know about all of the dirty stuff but i can only opine about what i see. i got no problems with Nadler personally nor does what he does at work affect me. but when looking at the officer of the quarter award, i have to say that he was given a task to complete by his supervisor and went and did it. he also had the ability to concentrate on that task alone, without having to handle any other responsibilities. just go and do a single task that you are told to do. while he handled that task and handled it well, i don't think given the situation his accomplishment was that remarkable. there are tango units who write that many tickets and still handle accidents, duis, and other traffic, so writing those tickets when its your only task doesnt look to me as being something spectacular. he completed his assigned task and to his credit, he did a good job. however, in that same quarter officers were nominated for many things that went above normal assigned tasks, including apprehending armed robbers, etc. which i think takes precedence over regular duties. obviously, since we see who got the award, others do not agree. i do think there was a personal agenda for the nomination, since management seems to consistently drool all over themselves as soon as one of their special designees does anything more than just show up and loves to tout their "huge historical" accomplishments. while i dont take away from the good things these poeple do, i think once again it raises the anger level of the majority who go out there and do equal or better things and never here a word from the same management. so i agree that some of the lash outs are over the top or misdirected, but i also think its a symptom of the increasing poor morale and work environment.

“Management is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success; leadership determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall.”
    You guys ***** and complain whether it was a full timer or part timer, when the truth be told that most of TH's little followers would sit and write each other up for awards all the time. Please don't believe me look it up yourself. For a long time it was always the same few who would write up the same few. You never heard any *****ing from those who weren't in that click that didn't get anything. Let me give you some hints, TH, BH, TC, ED, TC, MM, the other MM, EM, MC etc.........get the picture?

By the way what a great job Michel, Gary and Alex did with their boycott, you stupid idiots.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast