Cape chief's son, four others, take mortgage fraud plea deal - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Cape chief's son, four others, take mortgage fraud plea deal

And to top it off poor tyler gets pinched for dui. tyler tell us the real scoop about sp and gl.

Well I do know this, that he said she was the easier girl he ever met! The term freak comes to mind. She even hit on me when she was drunk!

Hey! Did anyone just hear a gunshot in Sandoval?

Were the names Tyler and Reese on that list the same friends of Mike A. was trying to get CCPD to hire as officers a while back ?

He said he would back them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Were the names Tyler and Reese on that list the same friends of Mike A. was trying to get CCPD to hire as officers a while back ?

He said he would back them.
    they were good guys according to Mike. Whats wrong with hiring a guy who wore his pants down to the crack of his rear and dressed like a rapper.

Quote Originally Posted by huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Well I didn't see Sgt Obriens name on the news! Why would he resign if he didn't get charged or do anything. Let his friend fry, and wait to see if anything happens to him, which doesn't seem like it will. Good for him.
    I'm just confused. His names been linked to the investigation in the news, he was put on administrative leave, and others have said he's been singing like a bird. Didn't the Feds have anything on him? Or did they need his cooperation to prosecute the others?

What really happened here? Jimmys been smoking and where there's smoke there's fire! Who put the fire out?

If he avoided prosecution in a criminal case by co-operating then he definitely shouldn't still be employed as a police officer.
    dont worry I am sure someone will do a Freedom of Information act on this and forward it to FDLE for a certification review. JImmy cant walk away from this scott-free.

Total entertainment...

In another posting, somebody wrote badge bunny (cute) turned.....

Well, I worked for a major company dealing with fraud and now I'm in admin. (just in case you wanted to know). Nothing but a good time there.

I know the pizza boy will look fabulous in bright orange and flip-flops. I can still see him now telling the group of us "it's just the way it's going to be guys, I'm getting seniority first because of my dad." BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Naples Daily News article gets it all wrong, repeatedly refers to Ryan O'Brien as Sgt James O'Brien. They even tried to contact Jimmys attorney for comment, or so they say. :snicker:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/...er=yahoo_feeds

FORT MYERS — The son of Cape Coral’s police chief and a sergeant agreed to plead guilty today to conspiring to commit bank and wire fraud and money laundering for their involvement in a $4.2 million mortgage fraud scheme.

Detective Steve Petrovich, 34, the son of Chief Rob Petrovich, and Sgt. James O’Brien, 35, who were placed on administrative duty in September pending the outcome of the federal investigation, entered their pleas to the charges listed in an information filed today in U.S. District Court, Fort Myers, opting not to have their cases presented to a grand jury. A plea hearing has not yet been scheduled.
    But there is one interesting tidbit in the article...

Under the plea deal, Chief Assistant U.S. Attorney Douglas Molloy and Assistant U.S. Attorney Nicole Waid, who is prosecuting the case with Assistant U.S. Attorney David Haas, agreed not to file more charges. They also will recommend a downward departure from sentencing guidelines if the defendants cooperate and provide "substantial assistance" in continuing investigations.
    More to come?

OK, we've all heard the Chief state that he hopes the public will understand the allegations (which his LEO son has plead guilty to in federal court) don't involve crimes committed on-duty.

"I hope they have enough (acceptance) to understand this was an incident not under the color of law," he said. "We're accountable for what we do and that applies to everybody."

Well guess what Chief? My first thought mirrored the News Press comment I've quoted below. It was made in response to the News-Press story containing the hopes you stated above. Well hope what you will Rob... but i'm sorry we're just not that stupid.

Your son has been a Cape Coral Police Officer for years. Every police report he has written under color of law, every arrest he has made under color of law, every bit of testimony he has given under color of law, they are all suspect at this point. You would have us believe that he was an honest reputable LEO by day and a thief by night. I'm sorry but that's a load of bull crap and you know it! Not only has he disgraced himself... he has disgraced you Rob, as well as the Cape Coral Police Department. You and your department have protected him for years. It didn't need to come to this, but you allowed it to come to this. The only reason this is front page news now is because he finally crossed the line and committed federal crimes that you couldn't protect him from anymore. You rein supreme at CCPD, you have some pull with the good old boys at FDLE, but your powerless to stop the feds. Otherwise it would be business as usual at CCPD and sonny boy would still be climbing the ranks as IA brushes away new accusations against him.

Rob, just resign already. Your a disgrace as Police Chief and an embarrassment to the City of Cape Coral. We've always known the decision to promote you to Chief from within was a mistake. That the Cape should have done a nationwide search for a new Chief, but they didn't. You claim your son resigned for "the right reason", to preserve the integrity or the Police Dept., which couldn't be any further for the truth BTW. Now it's your turn to do the right thing for the right reason and resign your position and Police Chief.

Citizen of Cape Coral

Cape Coral police chief's son, 4 others take plea deals in mortgage fraud case

http://www.news-press.com/article/20...age-fraud-case

CharlieDarwin wrote:

These 'law enforcement officers' falsified documents, made false statements to federal agencies and banks, fabricated financial statements, fabricated proofs of income, altered legal documents, induced straw buyers and vulnerable sellers to make false statements under oath, set up dummy corporations to facilitate theft, fraud and money laundering.
    It's not at all unreasonable or difficult to believe they also fabricated evidence and arrest reports, gave false statements under oath, condoned or coerced false testimony, probably quite often corroborating each others' lies- as they did while perpetrating the crimes THEY HAVE PLED GUILTY TO.

Given the severity of their crimes, the scope of their deceit and collusion, the thoroughness and planning of their fraudulent activities, I think it is warranted and reasonable to believe these admitted felons used the same tactics while carrying out their duties as CC police officers, and that their arrests and convictions are highly suspect.

3/4/2010 10:45:16 PM

Chief Petrovich is not responsible for the actions of his ADULT son. Rob was NOT Chief when Steve was hired. BAM BAM's son has more criminal issues.
    BAM BAM should NEVER be Chief. Show that you care about Cape Coral and retire already!!! CCPD needs the money...not the deadwood.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast