SWAT - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SWAT

Re: SWAT

Call of Duty 4 is not a "SF Soldier"

Quote Originally Posted by Galahad1
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthy Toothy
    ....Uuuuuhhhh, I don't know where to start, this is a weird conversation and I am surprised by the teen boy nature of it.

Fighting ? Street fighting? MMA? Ground fighting? Real world street fighting is smashing a bottle across your face and then wailing on your kidneys and neck. Real fighting is what you see in prison, I don't know many rules fighters who would last against a real sociopathic animal.

Army Special Forces? Spetsnaz? The truth of any "elite soldier" is that they receive a high level of discipline, training and support. They are selected for intelligence, trainability, adaptibility, aggression, and dedication. Despite the proper selection and intensive preparation they still get killed quite a bit. What makes them "elite" is that they knowingly accept the most difficult and dangerous missions with the knowledge that they could not return.

A real soldier knows that no matter how well he trains, how well he is trained, how tough he is, he can do everything right and get greased by a 13 year old native with an AK-47. That is reality.

To say that the SEALS are tougher than the Rangers or the Spetsnaz are tougher than the Special Forces is a silly but perhaps fun debate, they all have specific missions, roles and training. On the beach the SEALS rule, taking out an airfiled is the Ranger's job, Recon and infiltration is the Spetsnaz, etc. Those units run into trouble, men die and sometimes they win and sometimes they lose, "best" has nothing to do with it.

Look at the history of the units. The SAS fought in wars all over the world and have a tremendous counter terror/hostage rescue track record, yet many died.

Apples and oranges all around. A US SWAT Team against a SEAL platoon for example? In a suburban setting? More equal. HALO jumping into a foreign littoral zone? SEALs!

Spetsnaz? Good, but can and have been killed by Chechen females in combat.

The Waffen SS were not super trained MMA or "operators" but they fought continuosly and with the utmost loyalty and ruthlessness for over six long years without fatigue. That's kinda elite.

Or how about an army of farmers and craftsmen who banded together for a cause without shoes, medicine or proper equipment and still managed to win a majority of battles against a larger enemy and fought honorably and knew when to lay down arms for the good of all Americans? They did this all the while maintaining a cohesion and morale still unmatched by modern armies. Then they returned home and rebuild the nation as one the mightiest and joined hands in friendship with the men they fought. That was the Army of Northern Virginia...very elite, no?

How about a Roman Legionary who could march on foot at a speed and distance unmatched to this day by any army in the world ever? Then fight in close, brutal, very disciplined fighting that involved martial arts lost to us today, where no man died a painless death, and they did this for hours or days without rest. Elite?

Anyone can be killed and anyone can be a killer, that is reality.
    Best post of the year. As a former SF soldier I can attest to the validity that it takes little experience from anyone yielding a weapon to take out the best and most experienced "elite warrior."
    Please tell us more? You ever heard of a Quiet Professional? A wolf knows one of its own and i`m having a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by ruffian
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian
    Here we go! Here we go!
    When we can't win an argument we lower ourselves to be homophobic. Real nice way of reassuring the public that we are fair in the way we enforce the law. Great job, guy.
    Dude! I did not say you were gay. I was simply telling you to get a life. Are you sure you aren't the one trying to tell us something? Its ok to be gay, in fact i have a couple of good friends that are gay, maybe i can have them help you through the whole coming out thing. I`m here for you buddy.
    friends? . . . or co - workers . . . . ?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456