a captain that can't do math!

Re: a captain that can't do math!

Perhaps Deputy Chief D. should have checked the math instead of placing blind faith in the captain...especially on something this important. In the end, they embarassed the chief, but I have to give the chief the respect he deserves because he stepped in to correct the problem as soon as it was brought to his attention. ops:

I don't know...why don't you go up and ask him about his math skills? reh-tard!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I don't know...why don't you go up and ask him about his math skills? reh-tard!

I'm sure person with the rumble in their tummy is a rocket scientist. They probably did not even take the promotional exam. Get a life Mr. or Ms. Perfect.

It astounds me how someone is willing to post a thought on this website that screams, "Hey look at me - I have the brains of an ice cube!" or “I am as ignorant as the day is long."

If you truly knew what you're talking about, you would know this Captain has, not one, but several master degrees.

Have you read the FOP contract recently? (I suspect not - since your post has ignoramus written all over it!) Well, take at look at it, genius, and you’ll find the verbiage dictating how the scores are calculated can be interrupted several different ways. The first group of scores was calculated under one of these interpretations. After administration met with the labor board, the board explained what they meant to say in the contract realizing the translation in the final product (the contract) wasn’t exactly clear. The scores were then recalculated under the interpretation offered by the board and the scores were reposted. The verbiage has also been flagged to be re-written when the contract is renegotiated.

In other words, s- - t for brains, to put it into terms you’ll understand, the mistake was not due to math errors, but on how the information instructing to the math was presented by the contract which was written and approved by a couple of attorneys and the men and women who represent the bargaining body of this agency.

Just a little advise to the one who posted this original message – I f you don’t want to let onto others what a complete ignorant, uneducated, uninformed idiot you are, keep your mouth shut!

It astounds me how someone is willing to post a thought on this website that screams, "Hey look at me - I have the brains of an ice cube!" or “I am as ignorant as the day is long."

If you truly knew what you're talking about, you would know this Captain has, not one, but several master degrees.

Have you read the FOP contract recently? (I suspect not - since your post has ignoramus written all over it!) Well, take at look at it, genius, and you’ll find the verbiage dictating how the scores are calculated can be interrupted several different ways. The first group of scores was calculated under one of these interpretations. After administration met with the labor board, the board explained what they meant to say in the contract realizing the translation in the final product (the contract) wasn’t exactly clear. The scores were then recalculated under the interpretation offered by the board and the scores were reposted. The verbiage has also been flagged to be re-written when the contract is renegotiated.

In other words, s- - t for brains, to put it into terms you’ll understand, the mistake was not due to math errors, but on how the information instructing to the math was presented by the contract which was written and approved by a couple of attorneys and the men and women who represent the bargaining body of this agency.

Just a little advise to the one who posted this original message – I f you don’t want to let onto others what a complete ignorant, uneducated, uninformed idiot you are, keep your mouth shut!
    I am impressed by your post! Very well articulate! Don't waste your time explaining issues to people who can't understand themselves. Use your talent to improve the PD and to encourage those who appreciat the work you do.

If you truly knew what you're talking about, you would know this Captain has, not one, but several master degrees. HUH?
    While I agree with your response to that poster the question I ask is in the sentence you wrote. What does that sentence have to do with intelligence? IMHO, when you have to thrown down your educational pedigree in a debate, I think it takes a little wind out of your sails... but just my observation.

So basically I should sue the city for allowing the test results to be "interpreted" as the city/labor board feels fit ???

Typical PPD B.S., whats the point of a test and assessment if the end results can be "interpreted" as fit to those making the decision on who gets promoted.....

So basically I should sue the city for allowing the test results to be "interpreted" as the city/labor board feels fit ???

Typical PPD B.S., whats the point of a test and assessment if the end results can be "interpreted" as fit to those making the decision on who gets promoted.....
    I think you mean "manipulated"

Nothing was manipulated, interperted, etc etc etc
    Your Labor Board was convened when one of the participants realized that the way all the points (Exam, Assessment and Seniority Points) was tallied and divided was not done to the letter of the contract.
    When the Labor Board looked into it, they discovered that the article was not followed as it is written in the CBA and that this time around, the past practice of previous Assesment Centers was not done (Past ones were done correctly...this one was not)
    Kudos to the Chief for immediately realizing this mistake when it was brought to his attention and rectifiying it.
    You can rest assured that this Assessment Center was done professionally and within full compliance with the CBA

ok ok ok # 2 you got bumped up geeeez! give it a rest