Kingergarden Cops - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Kingergarden Cops

Scared? I believe it! Have you seen the look on their faces out there? They DO look scared! Poor babies!

As well they sould be. Its amazing how people get punished for stupid things, but yet some connected people come through and now we no longer have to tase or pepperspray the recruits. I hope there not proud of this. It just makes them look like bigger pu$$ys.

Children,we were all fresh at one time. How quickly we forget when some of us actually did something besides *****.
    More important:
    Hey Sarges, is it true we have a flasher in our midst? Doesn't belong in this world.I wonder who's dad would like to pull a 50 on that POS on US27 at 2am.Watch your daughters and sons.

Hope it's not true.
    Watch your kids.
    Be safe Pines.

Quote Originally Posted by priorities
    Children,we were all fresh at one time. How quickly we forget when some of us actually did something besides *****.
    Yes we were all new at one time, and when we were new, we sucked it up and went through all of the "fun" things newbies go through, such as being tased and sprayed (without complaining). Of course no one wants to be subjected to that, but everyone before us did, and we expected everyone after us would as well. In addition to the "right of passage" aspect, it's also very good training. After being tased, I know how bad I will fight to prevent someone from trying to take my taser away from me.

I aggree. I was tased and sprayed when i was a recruit. It just makes no sense. Its not like its just for fun. Its a learning expierience. They dont know what its like. Why dont we just skip ground fighting too with them because they could hurt there delicate young bones. It just doesnt make sense. And its plain dangerous. Ive been tased and sprayed like I said and I would not want my own son to miss that exercise if they were my son. Knowledge saves lives.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer25
    I aggree. I was tased and sprayed when i was a recruit. It just makes no sense. Its not like its just for fun. Its a learning expierience. They dont know what its like. Why dont we just skip ground fighting too with them because they could hurt there delicate young bones. It just doesnt make sense. And its plain dangerous. Ive been tased and sprayed like I said and I would not want my own son to miss that exercise if they were my son. Knowledge saves lives.

Who can argue with this logic? Forget taser and spray, we should have to get shot to carry guns, "so we know what it feels like."

Spray is the only thing that actually makes sense, because when you spray someone 99.9% of the time you are going to spray yourself and fellow leos wrestling with the subject so you know how to work through it.

Aggreed, but EVERYONE since we have had tasers has been tased. EVERYONE. I think its a good exercise just in case you ever get caught up in a wire. Reguardless, this just shows how this agency is full of making there own rules for there own people. Just looks really bad on these kids.

Really everyone, where do these numbers come from? If I recall correctly there was a few guys who were around before tasers were brought into this dept. and said "fu*k that" and didn't take the ride, and those are ofc's not brass... Not to mention it isn't required, it isn't even required to become a Taser Instructor and wear the cool red shirt. The purpose of getting sprayed is so that you know you can fight through it and we all know there is no "fighting through" a tasing. Guess what I didn't need to get tased to understand that either. And what's with these new rules you have to get shot with the probes.... When I went through it was an optional 2 sec. EXPOSURE with them taped to you. Know all of a sudden you get shot and take the full 5.... Why don't they spray them with a full can of OC while there at it, come on lets not go soft oh these kids. Sounds to me like certain people in training can't become those who make/approve rules so they come up with their own and hope they don't get caught.

I agree these kids need to earn their place around here, but we all know what goes on at that place and half of it is mindless bull$hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Everyone?
    Really everyone, where do these numbers come from? If I recall correctly there was a few guys who were around before tasers were brought into this dept. and said "fu*k that" and didn't take the ride, and those are ofc's not brass... Not to mention it isn't required, it isn't even required to become a Taser Instructor and wear the cool red shirt. The purpose of getting sprayed is so that you know you can fight through it and we all know there is no "fighting through" a tasing. Guess what I didn't need to get tased to understand that either. And what's with these new rules you have to get shot with the probes.... When I went through it was an optional 2 sec. EXPOSURE with them taped to you. Know all of a sudden you get shot and take the full 5.... Why don't they spray them with a full can of OC while there at it, come on lets not go soft oh these kids. Sounds to me like certain people in training can't become those who make/approve rules so they come up with their own and hope they don't get caught.

I agree these kids need to earn their place around here, but we all know what goes on at that place and half of it is mindless bull$hit.
    Agreed. Our "training" has gotten less about training and more about hazing. But I still agree that an exposure to both is definatly a good training experience.

What I do not agree with is special exceptions being made for people who may have "connections" with the department. They don't realize they're already creating a negative attitude towards themselves before they've even been here for 2 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone?

Agreed. Our "training" has gotten less about training and more about hazing. But I still agree that an exposure to both is definatly a good training experience.

What I do not agree with is special exceptions being made for people who may have "connections" with the department. They don't realize they're already creating a negative attitude towards themselves before they've even been here for 2 seconds
    Our "training" has gotten less about training and more about hazing".
    Actually, it's more about exposure since most of our Officers have never been in a physical confrontation before. Yeah, we have a lot of pretty boys, but not one has been involved in a fight where the other guy wants to jam his fist in your mouth just because you've gotten sarcastic.

In today's world, anyone who's never been involved in a fight, gets to lead. In today's world, those that lead NEVER LEAD BY EXAMPLE. It's because of this cycle that we'll never have "real cops" any more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12